Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Cardinal trolling is beyond ridiculous right now.

The Buckeye Bomber

Re: The Cardinal trolling is beyond ridiculous right now.

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    Just alert on what you think is trolling. Hopefully, the mods/admin will respect you for that. They will make the decision. I understand your frustration, but calling out the trolls in a thread like this is what the trolls want to do to you. They see this thread as a victory. Just alert and ignore it and let the mods/admins straightened out.
    On this note, if we take this route: do we need to be specific about the "trolling" going on in the post? Or is it just sufficient at this point to tag a post as "Cardinals Trolling" and let the Moderators read it from there?
    I hate the Cardinals. I hate the Cubs.
    Let's. Go. Reds.
    "Per Aspera Ad Astra"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Just read the last 10 pages in the "Cueto gets suspended 7 games" thread...the entire thing is just pitiful.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

Thank you for your feedback. It's not really what any of us wanted to do, but I've made a temporary change: registration is still open, but new members are not allowed to post without first being approved by an administrator/moderator. In the 10+ years of running this site, this sort of problem has never come about, so excuse us if we were unprepared because it was unexpected. On one hand, it's refreshing to see the Reds playing well enough to provoke this kind of reaction from fans of a rival team.

In the meantime, please continue reporting any posts that violate the rules of the board and we'll deal with them accordingly. Thank you for your patience.

Everyone, some of us Cardinals fans are here to have a different perspective from a different fan base. I'm honestly here to talk baseball and get to know what Reds fans think about the Reds, Cardinals, our division and baseball in general. I hope to have many civil discussions with Reds fans.

Certainly. I didnt want to come off sounding like I was giving the mods trouble or suggesting you guys are failures. I know there is a huge flood of just nonsense posters and I understand you guys dont want to curb registrations because of the Reds winning. I totally understand that and would do the same thing.

I also totally appreciate that you guys are willing to do what you guys are doing. I know its probably a pain but I'm sure everyone is greatful.

Very very reasonable actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Defacto View Post
    Everyone, some of us Cardinals fans are here to have a different perspective from a different fan base. I'm honestly here to talk baseball and get to know what Reds fans think about the Reds, Cardinals, our division and baseball in general. I hope to have many civil discussions with Reds fans.
    I realize that and the fact that we have fans of other teams in our signature baseball forum, The Old Red Guard, including Cardinals fans, should attest to that. That being said, it's clear from reading The Sun Deck over the past couple of days that you are unfortunately in the minority and I'm disappointed in the way that some of our established members reacted to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    I realize that and the fact that we have fans of other teams in our signature baseball forum, The Old Red Guard, including Cardinals fans, should attest to that. That being said, it's clear from reading The Sun Deck over the past couple of days that you are unfortunately in the minority and I'm disappointed in the way that some of our established members reacted to them.

I can understand why some posters would act the way they did. It's hard to tell who is and who isn't trolling. I'm okay with a few people questioning me, but it gets out of hand when they start to rip the opposing fans who haven't done anything to provoke the posters. It's going to take awhile for some posters to get used to other fans posting on their home team's message board. I can also understand why you are taking steps to prevent from more trolling to occur, which I think is a really great move.

Hey, take it as kind of a compliment for your site - I've found here (minus the nonsense posts) to be far better reading than the redbird board the past few days.

Quote Originally Posted by Defacto View Post
    I can understand why some posters would act the way they did. It's hard to tell who is and who isn't trolling. I'm okay with a few people questioning me, but it gets out of hand when they start to rip the opposing fans who haven't done anything to provoke the posters. It's going to take awhile for some posters to get used to other fans posting on their home team's message board. I can also understand why you are taking steps to prevent from more trolling to occur, which I think is a really great move.
    The very fact that you are still here shows that we recognize that you are a legitimate poster.

Things should settle down in a few days.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Quote Originally Posted by paintmered View Post
    The very fact that you are still here shows that we recognize that you are a legitimate poster.

Things should settle down in a few days.
    Thank you for the compliment. I hope to one day gain access to the Old Red Guard. Also, I'll admit I signed up in the wake of the fight, but I like this board and the baseball talk here.

I know it's not going to happen but I wouldn't mind getting the other teams more mature fans/posters opinions in the ORG.While I know there are some other teams represented there diversity is lacking.Considering what the forum is and the rules(that are fine by the way)this is to be expected.

While it's a lot more work for the mods, it seem like this would be an opportunity for some of the better posters in the sun deck to interact with some other teams(i know it's mostly Cards) fans.This is something that ORG members don't have unless we want to join another teams site and be labeled trolls ourselves.With this stuff going on it makes me think that there could be some use in a forum that allows members(along with all the new members) in the sun deck and ORG members to discuss all things that are baseball.Preventing this seems to be the reason for the ORG and it's understood.After all there are no troll in our forum.I know moderating such a forum would be difficult but it does seem like there could be some benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    I know it's not going to happen but I wouldn't mind getting the other teams more mature fans/posters opinions in the ORG.While I know there are some other teams represented there diversity is lacking.Considering what the forum is and the rules(that are fine by the way)this is to be expected.

While it's a lot more work for the mods, it seem like this would be an opportunity for some of the better posters in the sun deck to interact with some other teams(i know it's mostly Cards) fans.This is something that ORG members don't have unless we want to join another teams site and be labeled trolls ourselves.With this stuff going on it makes me think that there could be some use in a forum that allows members(along with all the new members) in the sun deck and ORG members to discuss all things that are baseball.Preventing this seems to be the reason for the ORG and it's understood.After all there are no troll in our forum.I know moderating such a forum would be difficult but it does seem like there could be some benefits.
    I'm not opposed that idea. Not the ORG, per se, but another forum where opposing fan bases can talk with Reds fans. That way, it wouldn't clutter The Sun Deck.

I Love Birds

I don't know if some of you remember me or not, but I am a Cardinals fan who used to post on here 10 years ago (notice my join date and post totals), up until about 2003 (or whenever the registration process was first changed). The only reason I quit posting is because I was under the impression that, as with the main forum, only certain people were allowed to post now. I had tried to log in a few times but was never able to. I have lurked for the past 7 years however.

I feel bad that so many Cardinals fans are trashing your forum. They do not represent us as a whole. I don't know where they came from either as the Cardinals forum I post on regularly did not mention this place or link to it. Back when the Cards and Reds were both in contention in 2000, we had several Reds fans (Team Casey, Team Boone, etc) over posting on our site, and we would post here. It was ALWAYS friendly.

I can't speak for the rest of Cardinal nation, but I am only here because I love talking baseball and right now, it's all about the Cardinals and Reds to me. I promise I will never flame or cause trouble.
    (Watching a couple kissing at Busch Stadium) “Well, he’s kissing her on the strikes and she’s kissing him on the balls.”---a classic "Shannonism" from Cardinals broadcaster Mike Shannon

I enjoy talking baseball with anyone. My philosophy is this about opponents' fans joining in the discussions here:

Good fan: ones that come over to talk strategy, personnel, decision-making, schedules, players, etc. They're pointing out stats and reasons why they are high or low on their own club as well as even the Reds. When a controversial topic arises, they're not afraid to give an opinion (as they should) but it's done in a politeful way and only based on their own philosophy, and not derogatory to others.

Bad fan: continues to point out how Reds fans are "homers." Focuses on belittling the actions of Reds players, especially the ones involved in last week's 'brawl.' More intent on focusing on alleged irrationality of posters and their responses than actually talking baseball. If you're here to mock the opinions of Reds fans, you shouldn't be here. If you find yourself in a conversation that is heading that direction, your true colors quickly come out. Bad posters make it about others instead of about them.

Personally, I'll take all the good posters we can find, regardless of fandom. But the bad ones... weed them out quickly!
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

the problem was just that the bad posters were so plentiful that it had everyone on edge, giving every cardinal fan a bad wrap, and that it was bringing the worst out of people who genuinely were pretty good posters. It was just a tornado of trash filling it up.

It's certainly calmed down as of late, still not perfect but it has calmed for sure. I'm guessing the storm it over.

Turn Off Ads?