Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Cueto 7 game suspension

Re: Cueto 7 game suspension

Quote Originally Posted by jules2 View Post
    I'd probably agree Molina was looking to start something based on what BP said, but have to say either way it'd be pretty hard after the comments, two shin taps, knowing the game is televised, Cards fans are all "out for blood" for Molina to just sit there. Not "exactly" the same setting as the workplace analogy.
    Why not, your paid to be there and get a job done. People watching means you should be even more careful, knowing so many kids and people are watching and you dont want their lasting image of you to be the guy who got in someone elses face and started a fight. If Molina has simply said I dont like you, dont touch me again, and squated down and played the game I wouldnt have any problems with him.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    I dont get what your asking or trying to say, but I am saying Molina could have still said every word he said- dont touch me, we arent friends, whatever, blah blah blah, but should have ended it there with crouching behind the plate and playing the game; getting up and waiting for him on the plate is being confrontational.
    It would have ended there if Phillips had not tapped Molina a second time.

Quote Originally Posted by 10xWSChamps View Post
    If the Reds were smart they would have either formally suspended Brandon Phillips for a few games or at least privately disciplined him and sat him on the bench for the series.

Say what you want about Cardinals but if Skip Schumaker went and told reporters that he hated the Reds 4-5 times and called them "little beotches" twice, the organization would have handled it internally and you wouldn't have seen Skip for that series.

I really have to wonder if they even talked to him at all or if they're trying to assemble a mini-Bengals team over at Great American Ballpark because I heard Phillips was mouthing off about how the Reds are still a much better team then the Cardinals. You would think the organization would restrict media access or at least have Baker put some duct tape on his mouth in the post game.
    I think the Reds should sit him for a couple games as punishment for totally sucking the entire series after running his mouth. Run your mouth and tear it up in the series than the Reds look like a well oiled machine not to be messed with. Run your mouth and suck while your team gets swept, you just made Cincinnati look like a bunch of fools instead of a "feel good" baseball team, that many fans of other teams can jump on and root for, much like the Rays a few seasons ago.

The discipline is fair, Yadier doesn't deserve a suspension, he got in the face of a player and that was that, just as Phillips doesn't deserve one either, neither of the 2 players escalated the melee after the initial argument. Suspending Carpenter really becomes an issue of what he said to spark things, but in reality his actions may have warranted a game or two suspension, and he is a pitcher so unless he is getting suspended 5 games or more it doesn't matter.

Cueto reminded me a lot of Stephen Jackson during the malice at the palace between the Pacers and Pistons, I am sure some of it was self defense, but he was kicking longer than he should have been, and sliced the lip of LaRue, yes LaRue was stitched up, however I don't buy the concussion story. 7 games is fair, after all its really only 1 start.

Cueto misses 1 start, bad thing is we some reason sent our best pitcher for the last month, Travis Wood, to AAA. Smart thinking Walt. Hopefully Bailey looks like the end of last season Bailey, this could be a blessing in disguise if Homer shines and continues to shine.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

Didn't Yadier Homolina initiate the brawl? Suspend him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
    There were a few events before that that really started, even a simpleton knows that

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    Why not, your paid to be there and get a job done. People watching means you should be even more careful, knowing so many kids and people are watching and you dont want their lasting image of you to be the guy who got in someone elses face and started a fight. If Molina has simply said I dont like you, dont touch me again, and squated down and played the game I wouldnt have any problems with him.
    Point taken. I haven't reviewed the confrontation yet, but if Molina said anything to the effect of we're not friends, I'm not your -, don't touch me again" then BP should have laid off the 2nd tap. But with the kick, yeah, he seems to have wanted it to go down that way.

Homolina? lol

anyways yadier told phillips not to touch him when he came up to bat. what did phillips do? touched him twice. i dont forsee phillips staying in that organization long knowing how jocketty likes to run a team. that kind of stuff doesnt fly in a professional organization...

Quote Originally Posted by jules2 View Post
    Point taken. I haven't reviewed the confrontation yet, but if Molina said anything to the effect of we're not friends, I'm not your -, don't touch me again" then BP should have laid off the 2nd tap. But with the kick, yeah, he seems to have wanted it to go down that way.
    There it is, the TRUTH!

Quote Originally Posted by Illybey View Post
    I just don't think you are looking at it rationally as if the shoe were on the other foot, the guy I posted that too was. He had the character to realize the what really happened and didn't let his personal bias get in the way and still hope that I can look at like he and MANY Reds fans are.

I understand that as a Reds fan you feel "wronged" because the whole thing happened at all. But suspending Carp for yelling at Dusty is bias and just not right.
    I think you are missing the point. I'm saying both Reds and Cards players involved should be suspended. You are the one who is being biased, by saying that because the Reds started it or because Cueto was the only found to be doing anything violent that justice has been served.

I think because the focus has shifted to Carpenter, who wasn't even playing in the game- you are panicky because he is your stud pitcher and you don't want him miss a start.

In other sports, if you come off the bench - you get suspended, period end of discussion. There is no way to suspend everyone, so you suspend the principals involved and like it or not, accept it or not, Carpenter was one of the principals involved.

Again let me repeat so you don't miss the point - I feel the same way about the principal Reds players involved also.

There were a few events before that that really started, even a simpleton knows that
    Sticks and stones bill. Anyways, Homolina iniated the brawl by trying to kung fu quick kick BPhils bat, unacceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by markymark69 View Post
    I think you are missing the point. I'm saying both Reds and Cards players involved should be suspended. You are the one who is being biased, by saying that because the Reds started it or because Cueto was the only found to be doing anything violent that justice has been served.

I think because the focus has shifted to Carpenter, who wasn't even playing in the game- you are panicky because he is your stud pitcher and you don't want him miss a start.

In other sports, if you come off the bench - you get suspended, period end of discussion. There is no way to suspend everyone, so you suspend the principals involved and like it or not, accept it or not, Carpenter was one of the principals involved.

Again let me repeat so you don't miss the point - I feel the same way about the principal Reds players involved also.
    What I am saying is Carp is NOT a principal. Did he hit anyone or strike them in anyway, kicking or tapping. What I am saying is the principals are the ones who physically did something. I will add that the first tap is not so bad, but second is what tips the scales.

Sticks and stones bill. Anyways, Homolina iniated the brawl by trying to kung fu quick kick BPhils bat, unacceptable.
    Whatever, I can see what poster you are and won't play

I will add that the first tap is not so bad, but second is what tips the scales.
    Agreed, but even if BP didn't do that, something would have happened. I figured after a very high and inside first pitch we'd see a fight. (not saying throwing at a guy is a classy move, but it happens)

What I am saying is Carp is NOT a principal. Did he hit anyone or strike them in anyway, kicking or tapping. What I am saying is the principals are the ones who physically did something. I will add that the first tap is not so bad, but second is what tips the scales.
    His chirping occurred before Cueto's kick, just like Phillips and Molina. If he is a professional, like the Cardinals all profess to be. Be a professional and help get your teammates back to the dugout and do not engage the opposing team's manager.

The "brawl" was over and whatever the exchange between Dusty and Carpenter was sent the mass of players into the netting and triggered Cueto's kicking.

We'll agree to disagree, but the Cards got off easy and you can garbage a rose if you want to, but it still stinks.

Quote Originally Posted by ELE View Post
    Homolina? lol

anyways yadier told phillips not to touch him when he came up to bat. what did phillips do? touched him twice. i dont forsee phillips staying in that organization long knowing how jocketty likes to run a team. that kind of stuff doesnt fly in a professional organization...
    I agree with your last two sentences. I don't think Reds fans should get too attached to Phillips because I imagine there's about a 1% chance that Jocketty is now interested in re-signing him

Turn Off Ads?