Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Cueto 7 game suspension

Re: Cueto 7 game suspension

Quote Originally Posted by redlegs2370 View Post
    You Cardinal Fans are so delusional. How did Cueto elevate things? Molina and Carpenter are obviously the ones that had such a strong feeling of hate. To be honest Brandon Phillips was right, the players, coaches, and fans. You guys are far worse than the Cubs fans. Instead of posting on a Cardinals site about how your in first place you want to come to a Reds site and trash our players. Cueto is a good young kid and as a Reds fan I'm proud to say he is one of ours and home grown at that.

Pretty easy answer. He elevated things by kicking people. How is that difficult to understand?

And I'm hardly delusional. Why am I here? Because the board I visit has become bombarded by trolls from this site. Turn about is fair play. And I've hardly been disrespectful here, unlike the trolls at my board that feel the need to post crap thread after crap thread.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by markymark69 View Post
    And yet Larue was hurt so bad he was able to warm up pitchers later in the game.
    He wasn't hurt. He could be playing right now, but the Cardinals find he's more of an asset trying to get Cueto a longer suspension than actually playing.

Quote Originally Posted by markymark69 View Post
    What Phillips said was only words, but yet you are saying that's it okay to get all hot and bothered when it suits your purposes (Molina standing up for his team), but not when someone else presents possible evidence that puts your precious, untouchable players in a bad light.

Just be consistent. Obviously Carpenter said something inappropriate - to say otherwise is being out of touch with reality.
    I don't think there's any doubt that the words being exchanged, by BOTH sides were inappropriate. No fanbase can claim innocence in this because BOTH benches cleared. I think Phillips went about it the wrong way, regardless of whether he is right or not. I'm a Cardinals fan, I've seen my team complain about others. Personally, I don't care if someone untucks their jersey. But please do not act like they are the only ones. Monday night was the second time this year Reds batters complained about Carpenter's undershirt distracting them at the plate. It doesn't matter. If it's true, then it's a legitimate complaint, if not, call them out like this:

I'll use the complaint against Arroyo as an example.

"Hey, you think that's what we're doing? How about you come out and inspect his hat after every pitch? We'll still beat you."

This is why I am a fan of Frank Thomas and Albert Pujols. They have both called out the people questioning and said test them before every game if they want.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Well since Larue isnt even out and is on the active roster I guess Cueto shouldnt even get suspended.
    Check your facts then comment.

Quote Originally Posted by bshall2105 View Post
    He wasn't hurt. He could be playing right now, but the Cardinals find he's more of an asset trying to get Cueto a longer suspension than actually playing.
    And where are you citing this from?

Quote Originally Posted by Illybey View Post
    So you are going with the race card too? Well I know where to file you then.
    No I'm not. I'm saying that it's obvious that Carpenter said something inappropriate. It may have been racial, it may not have been. My point is, it doesn't mean the poster is wrong.

You are trying to make it like Carpenter is some angel incapable of doing anything wrong.

I don't play the race card, but I'm open minded. It's as much a possibility as is it not. I hope it's not. You are asking the poster to provide proof, when you have no proof that Carpenter didn't say something racial.

I don't know Chris Carpenter. But he said something that Dusty didn't like and Scott Rolen didn't like it either.

Quote Originally Posted by HarlieChustle View Post
    He acted normal. He caught in the bullpen. You don't get a concussion from being soiked.

Check your facts then comment.
    Please show me where Jason Larue is on any type of disabled list.

In all other sports, the players in such fights that get the biggest suspensions are not the most violent ones, but those that instigate the fight and those the elevate the fight.

Cueto had to get something, you can't let players kick each other like he did, for what ever reason he had. It makes no difference the situation, you can't start wildly kicking people.

But the fact that MLB ignored the clear facts that Molina started it (include Phillips in there if you have to, but really it was all Molina) and that Carpenter elevated it after it had calmed down, proves that they have no idea how to deal with these things.

This action will only make it more likely that fights will happen, in fact, it encourages players to start fights, and elevate them until a player from the other team gets hurt.

These suspensions and fines are a joke, but I expected nothing less from good old brainless, gutless Bud.

And please drop the whole race card thing. It doesn't matter if Carpenter used it or not. He said something that he knew would get guys fighting again. That is what is most important. He wanted to fight to continue and made sure that it did. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by bshall2105 View Post
    He acted normal. He caught in the bullpen. You don't get a concussion from being soiked.
    He acted "normal". thats your source? You should be a doctor, you could give house calls via web cam.

Jason Larue hasnt even started a game for 2+ weeks. I guess he's been day to day for a while.

From a respected person in Cincinnati who was at the game.

http://www.1530homer.com/pages/lancesBlog.html

He acted "normal". thats your source? You should be a doctor, you could give house calls via web cam.
    Either way if you can catch people down in the bullpen you can catch in a game. I'd doubt he was dropping balls and falling over when he got into his crouch.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Jason Larue hasnt even started a game for 2+ weeks. I guess he's been day to day for a while.
    So all players who ride pine are considered Day-To-Day? Sorry I dont understand your logic.

Red's fan here, and I believe the suspension was fair. Cueto was the only one who used aggressive force with the kicking in spikes. Don't say he was thrown against the wall as an excuse. He could have stayed away from the fight on the side, since he was the starting pitcher, to avoid injury. Then he could have pushed people aside most likely.
    Now they move on. No sense in getting on here and arguing about why Carpenter, Molina, and Phillips didn't get suspended. They mainly used words to incite the fight.
    Don't see why we should suspend Carpenter for the two words that he said. That happens across all highschools.

Turn Off Ads?