Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Cueto 7 game suspension

Re: Cueto 7 game suspension

Quote Originally Posted by Illybey View Post
    If someone at your workplace called you bi*** THE DAY BEFORE, then wanted to shake your hand, you said no, then he tried again. What would you do? would you coward down and shake his hand and say nothing?
    I work with kids in the court system, and have to demonstrate common sense and self control, so yes, I get called a bit quite often, and have to let it slide, like any adult is expected to do. If you got in someones face at work and it started a big physical confrontation, would you not get fired???
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by ELE View Post
    I mean the reds dont like the cardinals because the cardinals win. Its called jealousy. Reds are a young team who havent been in this situation, phillips takes after his manager and said soemthing stupid. it happens.
    It's not jealousy. It's called being fed up with the arrogance and attitude from them and their fans. Those self professed "best fans in baseball" actually need some lessons in both manners and sportsmanship.

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    I work with kids in the court system, and have to demonstrate common sense and self control, so yes, I get called a bit quite often, and have to let it slide, like any adult is expected to do. If you got in someones face at work and it started a big physical confrontation, would you not get fired???
    Not if they called me a BI**H first. BTW was there a chance they were going to fire Phillips ? Firing is not the equal, wrote up is closer.

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire123 View Post
    It's not jealousy. It's called being fed up with the arrogance and attitude from them and their fans. Those self professed "best fans in baseball" actually need some lessons in both manners and sportsmanship.
    Do you think getting on national Tv and calling a whole team BI**hes is good manners and sportsmanship?

Quote Originally Posted by Yadi for Mayor View Post
    Carpenter this season channeled Bob Gibson. A fiery competitor who hates you if he's on the other side. I could see how Carp's act could get old from an opposing team's perspective. .
    I'm a little lost here. It's OK with you if [B]CARPENTER[B] hates the other side, but not OK if Phillips does? Brandon just made it public how he feels.

Really, who else has done that too? I can tell by what you just said to me you would say something if someone called you a BI**CH. So you would have everyone that "mouthed" in that pushing match (except Cueto) suspended?
    I dont get what your asking or trying to say, but I am saying Molina could have still said every word he said- dont touch me, we arent friends, whatever, blah blah blah, but should have ended it there with crouching behind the plate and playing the game; getting up and waiting for him on the plate is being confrontational.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Thank you, you are one of the down to earth, smarter Reds fans I was talking about earlier. I would like to think I thought like you if the shoe were on the other foot.
    The real point is - all of the ones who had direct action (whether it is mouthing or kicking) in the melee should have been suspended. I'm not talking about the ones who were milling around or the ones (on both sides) who were trying to play peacemaker.

If a fight breaks out at school, one person mouths and the other one kicks, I believe both get punished. Because the action caused the reaction. One probably gets punished more severely than the other, but both would be punished. A fine to a multimillion dollar baseball player is not a punishment.

One thing led to other happening - it would not be out of the question to see this type of disciplined handed out in other walks of life.

Cueto should get the most, no doubt, but for all the other players who were more involved in just being out there should have received some type of suspension, in my opinion (if I'm allowed to have one - without being called some kind of name by our apparent Cardinal friends on the board).

If the Reds were smart they would have either formally suspended Brandon Phillips for a few games or at least privately disciplined him and sat him on the bench for the series.

Say what you want about Cardinals but if Skip Schumaker went and told reporters that he hated the Reds 4-5 times and called them "little beotches" twice, the organization would have handled it internally and you wouldn't have seen Skip for that series.

I really have to wonder if they even talked to him at all or if they're trying to assemble a mini-Bengals team over at Great American Ballpark because I heard Phillips was mouthing off about how the Reds are still a much better team then the Cardinals. You would think the organization would restrict media access or at least have Baker put some duct tape on his mouth in the post game.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan_12 View Post
    Sorry. I forgot the Cards didn't do anything wrong.
    MLB thought they did something wrong:

LaRussa - suspension
    Carpenter - fine
    Molina - fine

That's pretty proportionate to what they did wrong.

Do you think getting on national Tv and calling a whole team BI**hes is good manners and sportsmanship?
    Did you happen to notice I wrote that the self professed best FANS could take lessons? Didn't mention the players there.

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire123 View Post
    I'm a little lost here. It's OK with you if [B]CARPENTER[B] hates the other side, but not OK if Phillips does? Brandon just made it public how he feels.
    There is your answer, no one ever started a fight FEELING a certain way

Quote Originally Posted by markymark69 View Post
    The real point is - all of the ones who had direct action (whether it is mouthing or kicking) in the melee should have been suspended. I'm not talking about the ones who were milling around or the ones (on both sides) who were trying to play peacemaker.

If a fight breaks out at school, one person mouths and the other one kicks, I believe both get punished. Because the action caused the reaction. One probably gets punished more severely than the other, but both would be punished. A fine to a multimillion dollar baseball player is not a punishment.

One thing led to other happening - it would not be out of the question to see this type of disciplined handed out in other walks of life.

Cueto should get the most, no doubt, but for all the other players who were more involved in just being out there should have received some type of suspension, in my opinion (if I'm allowed to have one - without being called some kind of name by our apparent Cardinal friends on the board).
    I just don't think you are looking at it rationally as if the shoe were on the other foot, the guy I posted that too was. He had the character to realize the what really happened and didn't let his personal bias get in the way and still hope that I can look at like he and MANY Reds fans are.

I understand that as a Reds fan you feel "wronged" because the whole thing happened at all. But suspending Carp for yelling at Dusty is bias and just not right.

Crapenter should have definitely been suspended.

Quote Originally Posted by 10xWSChamps View Post
    If the Reds were smart they would have either formally suspended Brandon Phillips for a few games or at least privately disciplined him and sat him on the bench for the series.

Say what you want about Cardinals but if Skip Schumaker went and told reporters that he hated the Reds 4-5 times and called them "little beotches" twice, the organization would have handled it internally and you wouldn't have seen Skip for that series.
    I really have to wonder if they even talked to him at all or if they're trying to assemble a mini-Bengals team over at Great American Ballpark because I heard Phillips was mouthing off about how the Reds are still a much better team then the Cardinals. You would think the organization would restrict media access or at least have Baker put some duct tape on his mouth in the post game.
    This is complete BS.

And if you're going to try this ridiculous claim, at least make it a comparable player. Would the Cardinals sit Matt Holliday a whole series in a battle for 1st for comments to the media 1 time? Of course not. If it was fringe player like Schumaker or Janish, then its possible they might get talked to or benched to start 1 game or something. Regardless, you're insane if you think any team would bench anyone a whole series.

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    I dont get what your asking or trying to say, but I am saying Molina could have still said every word he said- dont touch me, we arent friends, whatever, blah blah blah, but should have ended it there with crouching behind the plate and playing the game; getting up and waiting for him on the plate is being confrontational.
    I'd probably agree Molina was looking to start something based on what BP said, but have to say either way it'd be pretty hard after the comments, two shin taps, knowing the game is televised, Cards fans are all "out for blood" for Molina to just sit there. Not "exactly" the same setting as the workplace analogy.

Turn Off Ads?