Turn Off Ads?
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Cueto 7 game suspension

Re: Cueto 7 game suspension

Quote Originally Posted by HarlieChustle View Post
    Please dont pull quotes from articles, your butt, etc... Just send the link from any reputable news source.
    Thre is a link that he posted. Under the link there is a quote from the article that you can click on. Just click, scroll, and it's right there.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    But you also have to admonish the Cardinals for basically lying about how severe the injury was just to be able to play the victim card
    I'd agree with this, but is this not similar to Baker saying Carpenter should have been suspended longer for what he said? How do we know who is lying or not? Cardinals fans say Baker is lying, Reds fans say LaRussa is.

Quote Originally Posted by CardsFanBob View Post
    Who cares if he was catching or not, suffered a concussion or not. He was KICKED in the face. That garners a suspension.
    Nobody is saying that he shouldn't be - but let's not make it worse than it was - assault? That's why I responded the way I did.

If he was assualted he probably would have been in the hospital and he was not. Just because Tony LaRussa says it's a concussion doesn't make it so. I know Abner Doubleday consulted him when he devised the rules of the game, but he is chief whiner and his comments need to be taken with a grain of salt.

Please dont pull quotes from articles, your butt, etc... Just send the link from any reputable news source.
    Lance McAlister is just as much of a real journalist as Rick Hummel was, or Bernie Miklasz is. Just because it was online doesn't make it any less credible.

Quote Originally Posted by bshall2105 View Post
    Thre is a link that he posted. Under the link there is a quote from the article that you can click on. Just click, scroll, and it's right there.
    I did, sorry, nothing. Can you repost it?

I did, sorry, nothing. Can you repost it?
    You have to scroll down a little bit, it's under the heading of hosed.

http://www.1530homer.com/pages/lancesBlog.html

Quote Originally Posted by markymark69 View Post
    Nobody is saying that he shouldn't be - but let's not make it worse than it was - assault? That's why I responded the way I did.

If he was assualted he probably would have been in the hospital and he was not. Just because Tony LaRussa says it's a concussion doesn't make it so. I know Abner Doubleday consulted him when he devised the rules of the game, but he is chief whiner and his comments need to be taken with a grain of salt.

Do you know the definition of assault in a court of law? Kicking someone is most certainly a case. In fact, attacking someone with cleeted feet; it could be argued a weapon.

I'm not saying the dude should go to jail. But he most definitely handled himself poorly. He deserves his one start suspension, and IMO, deserves to miss one more.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelmacki View Post
    I'd agree with this, but is this not similar to Baker saying Carpenter should have been suspended longer for what he said? How do we know who is lying or not? Cardinals fans say Baker is lying, Reds fans say LaRussa is.
    I have not seen Baker's comments. If you have a link or could at least paraphrase them I would appreciate it.

Thanks

I can't comment on what Baker said, but we have video proof that LaRussa and the Cardinals were lying about LaRue.

By the way, I do enjoy the contempt Reds fans have for Tony.

I enjoy it even more knowing that you would dump Dusty's butt for Tony every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Do you know the definition of assault in a court of law? Kicking someone is most certainly a case. In fact, attacking someone with cleeted feet; it could be argued a weapon.

I'm not saying the dude should go to jail. But he most definitely handled himself poorly. He deserves his one start suspension, and IMO, deserves to miss one more.
    Again, not saying he shouldn't be suspended, not saying that he doesn't deserve it, I just don't think LaRue is hurt as bad as is being made out.

You have to scroll down a little bit, it's under the heading of hosed.

http://www.1530homer.com/pages/lancesBlog.html
    Please see my previous post where I say repituble news source.. I can point you to my blog if you want to count those things as facts.

is there any pictures, video.. any proof?

Please see my previous post where I say repituble news source.. I can point you to my blog if you want to count those things as facts.

is there any pictures, video.. any proof?
    Guy works for a radio station in Cincinnati. It's reputable.

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    I have not seen Baker's comments. If you have a link or could at least paraphrase them I would appreciate it.

Thanks

I can't comment on what Baker said, but we have video proof that LaRussa and the Cardinals were lying about LaRue.
    I'm looking for a direct quote, do you have a link that shows LaRue doesn't have a concussion?

By the way, I do enjoy the contempt Reds fans have for Tony.

I enjoy it even more knowing that you would dump Dusty's butt for Tony every day of the week and twice on Sundays.
    Actually, a poll was put up on this board recently when it was revealed that LaRussa might be available next season.

Overwhelmingly, this board voted no to replacing him Baker. Something like 95% to 5%.

I am definitely in the 95%. I don't like Baker, but at least he has integrity. And I have many Cardinal fans who can't wait for the day that LaRussa is not the Cards manager. They don't care that he wins. He's too much of an embarrassment.

Again, not saying he shouldn't be suspended, not saying that he doesn't deserve it, I just don't think LaRue is hurt as bad as is being made out.
    Eh... Who knows. He might have a very mild concussion. I played college football. Lord knows I got my noggin' rung a few times. I still played (nowadays that would be frowned upon). I think they're probably precautious with him right now... They did call up a catcher in the meantime, while putting Suppan on the DL.

Turn Off Ads?