Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Cueto 7 game suspension

Re: Cueto 7 game suspension

You can get rid of them by not replying.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Sham View Post
    Phillips started a physical confrontation with verbal comments to a reporter? Really?

Can we get rid of the trolls?

I am not trolling by any means. Let me ask you this. If phillips doesnt make those comments in the papers does that brawl happen?

You get a 50 game suspension for sticking a needle in your butt cheek, but a 7 game suspension for committing aggravated assault. Well that seems reasonable

:runawaycr
    Quote Originally Posted by ELE View Post
    Well Phillips started it with his comments and if we are going to suspended every player who cussed in that mess then neither team is going to be able to field a team. Cueto only gonna miss 1 start. Nothing big came from this whole brawl in terms of suspensions which is a good thing..
    Sounds like one of my kids.

Ridiculous that Carp the ***** didn't get any time....

I have to say that I have seen some really down to earth posts here and I didn't expect that. Many Reds fans saw what happened and thought Cueto should be suspended and that is the right response. He was the only guy that went really violent.

I do think that Phillips should have been suspened a couple of games for starting the whole thing. He tapped Molina twice to try to incite him, did he think Molina and he were friends after all that he said? Very doubtful! he was trying to rub in the comments he had said and wanted to act like nothing happened.

Well Phillips started it with his comments and if we are going to suspended every player who cussed in that mess then neither team is going to be able to field a team. Cueto only gonna miss 1 start. Nothing big came from this whole brawl in terms of suspensions which is a good thing..
    I am not trolling by any means. Let me ask you this. If phillips doesnt make those comments in the papers does that brawl happen?
    I agree you are not trolling, and welcome to a sane forum. Now, your most recent question is very philosophical and difficult to defend. Your presumption is that no one is responsible for their own actions due to the previous actions of another...OMG...there's no free will in baseball!!!! Tom Hanks had it wrong, cuz we know there's crying, right?

Yeah, but if a brawl is going to start every time sombody pops off, the Cardinals would have been in a bunch of brawls, because they pop off all the time (complaining about the baseballs, accusing Arroyo of cheating, etc.). This is not the fourth grade where the bully has to protect his reputation.

Granted, Phillips probably shouldn't have said it, but Molina triggered the brawl, Phillips just triggered motivation.

Dumb reds fans:

But he was just protecting himself.
    He was getting smashed into a brickwall. His life was in danger.
    I would have done the same thing if i was cueto.

Hate to say i told you so.

But cueto was the only gangsta trash ball in that whole pile up. Spiking somebody in the face i somewhat surprised he didnt get more.

Definitely getting the to the point where i dont like our two dominican pitchers. I would trade both of them for josh hamilton back right now.

To be honest, I think the brawl would have happened sometime this season no matter what. Tension has been escalating between these two teams thanks to the Cardinals and LaRussa's BS complaints about Arroyo's hat and the balls and everything in between.

takealeake

Look on the bright side, now Walt can put Bailey in the rotation if he had any common sense whatsoever, and keep him there in place of Leake instead of his dumb plan to use Bailey in the pen and keep wearing Leake down.

More the 2nd shin tap as an instigator? Colorful language but he's not the first to complain about other teams. Either way, curious to have seen where Garcia's first pitch was headed (and then probably the brawl starts)

Quote Originally Posted by markymark69 View Post
    Yeah, but if a brawl is going to start every time sombody pops off, the Cardinals would have been in a bunch of brawls, because they pop off all the time (complaining about the baseballs, accusing Arroyo of cheating, etc.). This is not the fourth grade where the bully has to protect his reputation.

Granted, Phillips probably shouldn't have said it, but Molina triggered the brawl, Phillips just triggered motivation.
    never once has a cardinal come out and said anything along the line of what Phillips said. If someone calls your team a Beotch and says they hate you in the papers are you going to just sit back and take it??

More the 2nd shin tap as an instigator? Either way, curious to have seen where Garcia's first pitch was headed (and then probably the brawl starts)

Quote Originally Posted by markymark69 View Post

You don't think tapping Molina TWICE after calling him a B**** the day before started it? What if someone had called you that at work and then wanted to shake your hand the next day?

Turn Off Ads?