Turn Off Ads?
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Cueto 7 game suspension

Re: Cueto 7 game suspension

Quote Originally Posted by Illybey View Post
    Guys I'm telling you, no one outside of Reds fans think Molina or Carp did anything wrong. Did you guys hear Mike and Mike after it happened?

I understand that carp is our best pitcher and you guys would like to see him miss a start but "jawing" someone is just not that kind of offense. now if he had brought a bat out and tapped Dusty on the leg 2 times...
    You are not a Reds fan from what I can tell so that would mean you don't think Carp did anything wrong

My response

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    I can agree that Molina was provoked and didn't do anything very far out of line. People would say he should have just ignored it and went on but no professional athlete or any of us would have no reaction to that. But to think Carpenter didnt do anything wrong is just ludicrous, sorry.
    Your response

When did I say he did nothing wrong? I said he shouldn't be suspended. He should have been fined as he was. However, the guy that started all this Phillips, should have been suspended for the second tap. Not when he spewed the crap he did. Not when he tapped Molina the first time, but the second tap was tooo much.
    So to answer your question you said he did nothing wrong in the above post you made.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Simple, everyone on the Cards boards agrees totally with me, not one person disagrees. I wanted to see what the Reds fans thought, as I said before there I was surprised to see the people that were level headed and thought Cueto was lucky to loose only 1 start and Phillips...

Good or Bad publicity is still publicity.
    The only thing that you're missing in this and that you haven't admitted and I'm sure won't admit is that the Cueto reaction does not occur if Carpenter does not chirp to re-ignite the brawl.

As a result Cueto gets seven games for doing something he wouldn't have done had he not been put in the situation that was caused by actions of Carpenter. Again, there is something not right about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    You are not a Reds fan from what I can tell so that would mean you don't think Carp did anything wrong

My response

Your response

So to answer your question you said he did nothing wrong in the above post you made.
    I said "It wasn't that kind of offense" meaning that Carp did enough to get fined but NOT enough to get suspended. I say that in both posts?

OIC you are zoning in on the word anything. Anything in this instance means anything a good team mate should do, stick up for you boys. That doesn't mean that he didn't do anything to get in trouble from MLB. Unreal!
    Last edited by Illybey; 08-12-2010 at 03:38 PM.

Cueto was the only one that really took it to another level physically. There are so many variables that went into the benches clearing and tempers being raised (although the genesis of all this is Phillips) that you can't suspend everyone that plays a part in it.

It was also clear that there were a few punches in the middle of the group and near the back (by the netting). But with the Reds and Cardinals wearing such similar colors it was nearly impossible to tell who threw a punch even though I used the DVR to move frame by frame you till couldn't tell.

There could have been more fines/suspensions handed out but at what point do you stop? If you suspend everyone who was talking trash or had a bad temper down there then the Cardinals and Reds might as well forfeit the next 7 games.

They obviously decided to draw the line at the violence that occurred and the only guy that could be really singled out was Cueto.

I am curious as to why Russ Springer got fined, has anyone heard what he did/said? I didn't hear anything about him in the day after it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by 10xWSChamps View Post
    I am curious as to why Russ Springer got fined, has anyone heard what he did/said? I didn't hear anything about him in the day after it happened.
    Since he was on the DL and joined in the fun = automatic fine

Racist MLB the only player who gets games suspended is Cueto. Ozzie Guillen is right there is a double standard for Latin American ball players.

Quote Originally Posted by markymark69 View Post
    The only thing that you're missing in this and that you haven't admitted and I'm sure won't admit is that the Cueto reaction does not occur if Carpenter does not chirp to re-ignite the brawl.

As a result Cueto gets seven games for doing something he wouldn't have done had he not been put in the situation that was caused by actions of Carpenter. Again, there is something not right about that.
    Carp was taking up for his coach because Dusty was Jawing him. I have said all along that Jawing is not the suspension trigger, the first actions (tapping) and the kicking are.

Quote Originally Posted by redlegs2370 View Post
    Racist MLB the only player who gets games suspended is Cueto. Ozzie Guillen is right there is a double standard for Latin American ball players.
    There sure is, Molina would agree!

HA this is the WORST POST I HAVE SEEN HERE. Throwing in the race card!

Carp was taking up for his coach because Dusty was Jawing him. I have said all along that Jawing is not the suspension trigger, the first actions (tapping) and the kicking are.
    Making a racial comment doesn't constitute jawing.

Has it been "definitely" established what Carp said? I've heard "f - you" to Dusty

Quote Originally Posted by ELE View Post
    Never said that. BUT it makes no sense for you to want carp to be suspended for "cussing" at baker and not for phillips to be suspended for cussing out a whole team and town in public?
    Please return to your Cardinal's message board.

I said "It wasn't that kind of offense" meaning that Carp did enough to get fined but NOT enough to get suspended. I say that in both posts?

OIC you are zoning in on the word anything. Anything in this instance means anything a good team mate should do, stick up for you boys. That doesn't mean that he didn't do anything to get in trouble from MLB. Unreal!
    Well that was never stated in the posts I read and quoted. Plus I am still confused. So from the line I bolded stating "Guys I'm telling you, no one outside of Reds fans think Molina or Carp did anything wrong." Actually means, "Guys I'm telling you, no one outside of Reds fans think Molina or Carp didn't do anything a good teammate should do"? Is that the correct interpretation?
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

There sure is, Molina would agree!

HA this is the WORST POST I HAVE SEEN HERE. Throwing in the race card!
    I have the right to my opinion, people want to deny racism but it exist and it is the worst in the MLB. The NBA and NFL are much better at race relations and treating everyone fair.

Again you miss the point. The one action of Cueto does not happen if the other action of Carpenter doesn't take place. I like how you continue to avoid my point.

Quote Originally Posted by ELE View Post
    Homolina? lol

anyways yadier told phillips not to touch him when he came up to bat. what did phillips do? touched him twice. i dont forsee phillips staying in that organization long knowing how jocketty likes to run a team. that kind of stuff doesnt fly in a professional organization...
    But making racial slurs and taking steroids does fly in a professional organization?

Turn Off Ads?