Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Cueto 7 game suspension

Re: Cueto 7 game suspension

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    I have zero beef with what Molina did, I would have done the same. Just not a fan of Carpenter's chirping as things were cooling down and it was basically LaRussa vs. Baker.
    His timing could have been better but, I still don't think it should call for any suspention. Still was only words and NOT RACIAL !

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Illybey View Post
    Your post was ignorant and lazy, come up with some more substantial than the race card please. I have no tolerance or that, it is the easy way out, unproven in the case, so I say a total fabricated lie.
    No you called me an ignorant poster. I have stated in previous posts why I felt that way. Prove to me what Carpenter said then. Why is the media not talking or printing that? They sure had no problem printing Brandon Phillips comments.

Quote Originally Posted by redlegs2370 View Post
    No you called me an ignorant poster. I have stated in previous posts why I felt that way. Prove to me what Carpenter said then. Why is the media not talking or printing that? They sure had no problem printing Brandon Phillips comments.
    Because Brandon Phillips called for the interview and was by himself and could CLEARLY be heard. You prove he said any racial slur because I say he didn't.

IMO, what was handed down was pretty solid. Cueto, IMO, probably deserved another three games. Losing one start isn't enough for something that would constitute assault on any street in America.

And this whole concept that he was trapped is a farce. As Stelmacki points out above, Cueto put himself in that situation. He surged behind the pile when Carp and Rolen were dancing. Even when get got the screen, he had ample time to leave. Finally, his fellow Reds closed around him, and he's pressed against the screen. There was no reason to start kicking. At most, everyone at that point was just "tying each other up," much like what occurs when things get chippy in hockey games. Cueto is the one who elevated it.

IMO, this whole "mini-war" will die down the rest of the year, considering they only have three games remaining. But next year, it will pick right back up.

Because Brandon Phillips called for the interview and was by himself and could CLEARLY be heard. You prove he said any racial slur because I say he didn't.
    I can't prove it because Carpenter doesn't have the guts to say publicly what he said. If it comes out and I hear Dusty say it was just cussing then I'll admit my assumptions were wrong. I have no problem admitting I was wrong.

Agree most of the punishment was fair, but would have liked to see KungFu Cueto be out as long as LaRue is.

Looks like Cincy won this round.

Dusty Baker said today that he couldn't believe that Carpenter wasn't given a harsher penalty and that the umpire evidentially didn't report everything that Carpernter said. So your going to tell me that calling him a CS, MF, or SOB would result in Dusty thinking he should be given a harsher punishment? I would say either he used a racial slur or he threatened his life. I'll to to my grave believing this unless someone can give me an exact transcript of what was said. You see MLB wouldn't want that to come out because it would be an issue that would hurt the image of the sport so they are going to hide it.
    Why is Baker the only one who reported it? The ump was right there, as well as 10-15 other players. They wouldn't have to reveal what Carpenter said and suspend him. The charging didn't start until Rolen grabbed Carpenter. If it was so horrible, I think Baker's reaction would have been more intense. Look at him, he's not someone who would be intimidated to go after Carpenter if he used a racial slur. Baker and LaRussa were suspended for failing to control their teams. Cueto for using kicking.

The Buckeye Bomber

We can agree to disagree. But Johnny got the shaft. He was pinned against the wall how else can a guy defend himself. Did they bother to let Johnny explain why he was kicking? Did he get a chance for due process?
    No, I'm not going to agree to disagree. Blaming Cueto's suspension on his race is not intelligent. Agreeing to disagree implies two people who recognize the validity of both sentiments and accept that their disagreement is okay.

My sentiment (That Cueto's suspension is not racially charged) is valid. Yours is not.

:thumbdown
    I hate the Cardinals. I hate the Cubs.
    Let's. Go. Reds.
    "Per Aspera Ad Astra"

If Carpenter used a racial slur, I guarantee you that it would be national news already. It's 2010; that stuff isn't tolerated any longer.

And while Carp is a firey competitor, and can be a loose cannon, he is a very good family man. He lives in St. Louis, is very charitable, and has never had an ill report made against him. No way he's dropping any racial remarks.

Now, from what I understand, he mf'ed Dusty. And Rolen didn't take kindly to that. That's when Scott ran after Chris. They were just going to do some jawing, until everything combusted; then, the two were looking out for each other.

His timing could have been better but, I still don't think it should call for any suspention. Still was only words and NOT RACIAL !
    What Phillips said was only words, but yet you are saying that's it okay to get all hot and bothered when it suits your purposes (Molina standing up for his team), but not when someone else presents possible evidence that puts your precious, untouchable players in a bad light.

Just be consistent. Obviously Carpenter said something inappropriate - to say otherwise is being out of touch with reality.

Quote Originally Posted by markymark69 View Post
    What Phillips said was only words, but yet you are saying that's it okay to get all hot and bothered when it suits your purposes (Molina standing up for his team), but not when someone else presents possible evidence that puts your precious, untouchable players in a bad light.

Just be consistent. Obviously Carpenter said something inappropriate - to say otherwise is being out of touch with reality.
    Oh, he absolutely said something not appropriate for public air waves. I'm pretty sure there were quite a few expletives being thrown around on the field.

Quote Originally Posted by markymark69 View Post

So you are going with the race card too? Well I know where to file you then.

Quote Originally Posted by CardsFanBob View Post
    IMO, what was handed down was pretty solid. Cueto, IMO, probably deserved another three games. Losing one start isn't enough for something that would constitute assault on any street in America.
    And yet Larue was hurt so bad he was able to warm up pitchers later in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by CardsFanBob View Post

And this whole concept that he was trapped is a farce. As Stelmacki points out above, Cueto put himself in that situation. He surged behind the pile when Carp and Rolen were dancing. Even when get got the screen, he had ample time to leave. Finally, his fellow Reds closed around him, and he's pressed against the screen. There was no reason to start kicking. At most, everyone at that point was just "tying each other up," much like what occurs when things get chippy in hockey games. Cueto is the one who elevated it.

IMO, this whole "mini-war" will die down the rest of the year, considering they only have three games remaining. But next year, it will pick right back up.
    You Cardinal Fans are so delusional. How did Cueto elevate things? Molina and Carpenter are obviously the ones that had such a strong feeling of hate. To be honest Brandon Phillips was right, the players, coaches, and fans. You guys are far worse than the Cubs fans. Instead of posting on a Cardinals site about how your in first place you want to come to a Reds site and trash our players. Cueto is a good young kid and as a Reds fan I'm proud to say he is one of ours and home grown at that.

Quote Originally Posted by HarlieChustle View Post
    Agree most of the punishment was fair, but would have liked to see KungFu Cueto be out as long as LaRue is.

Looks like Cincy won this round.
    Well since Larue isnt even out and is on the active roster I guess Cueto shouldnt even get suspended.

Turn Off Ads?