Turn Off Ads?
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Cueto 7 game suspension

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Re: Cueto 7 game suspension

I just watched mlb.com's video of the brawl. They show it from two angles. Cueto got entirely hosed with a 7 game suspension. He was slammed up against and then pinned against the wall. He had every right to defend himself even if it involved kicking. To sit there and get crushed..........well tell that to the victims of the Cincinnati Who Concert years ago. He was in danger of being hurt. Total crap he got suspended. Meanwhile, Molina starts the entire thing and then Carpenter and Lapuss-a egg it on. Cueto incident never happens if the Pacifier duo don't cry and yell at the Reds players "get off my property" like 5 year olds. Rolen plays peacemaker holding Carpenter back.

Then frickin' Lapuss-a cries in the media that Cueto should be suspended because Larue got hurt. UH.............if he was so hurt.........in the first view of the brawl, after Cueto finished kicking, they show Rolen holding back Carpenter for a very long time........and Larue is right behind him. No blood. He is actually looking to fight someone or get in the mix.........THIS IS ALL AFTER CUETO SUPPOSEDLY KICKED HIM. Look at the video.

Cardinals made this all up about Larue. He was perfectly fine. Lapuss-a probably beat him up in the tunnel afterward and told him to take one for the team and say he got hurt, to stick it to the Reds. Coming from the kingpin head coach who had the most 'Roid players under him in his career (and probably still does), it would not surprise me.

Cueto got hosed. Lance's blog says the same thing. And Lance was at the game when it happened.
    Last edited by Vottomatic; 08-12-2010 at 06:29 PM.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

2. Turn Off Ads?

Vottomatic, I worry about your blood pressure. No need to get so angry about this.

I found it. Video proof of Jason Larue in the Cardinals locker room after the brawl beating himself up.

YouTube - Liar Liar Kickin My Ass
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

stop posting, seriously

Quote Originally Posted by CardsFanBob View Post
    You obviously have not seen the video. Here's a link to the youtube clip.

YouTube - Cardinals, Reds fight after Molina rejects Phillips' bat greeting

Foot meet face. It's pretty damn apparent.

show me....I have seen that video a thousand times....its right there Bob, slow it down and show me where Cuetos foot meets face.....you guys are assuming

Come on. Now that was pretty good, you gotta admit.

Jim Carrey, Liar Liar = Jason Larue, Cards vs. Reds brawl

I even pulled up the youtube video.

Lighten up Francis.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    I just watched mlb.com's video of the brawl. They show it from two angles. Cueto got entirely hosed with a 7 game suspension. He was slammed up against and then pinned against the wall.
    So surely you saw this angle right? You know, the one where Carpenter is slammed against the wall and Cueto is standing to the side completely surrounded by his own teammates?

Quote Originally Posted by 10xWSChamps View Post
    Vottomatic, I worry about your blood pressure. No need to get so angry about this.
    Easy to say when your instigating players didn't get suspended.

Quote Originally Posted by ThornWithin81 View Post
    No, I'm not going to agree to disagree. Blaming Cueto's suspension on his race is not intelligent. Agreeing to disagree implies two people who recognize the validity of both sentiments and accept that their disagreement is okay.

My sentiment (That Cueto's suspension is not racially charged) is valid. Yours is not.

:thumbdown
    How is mine not valid and yours is? It is a matter of opinion. Cueto did nothing wrong but defend himself. All I hear about Cardinal fans being intelligent baseball fans and all I see is a bunch of people drinking the LaRussa kool aid. Listen to the radio broadcast Marty and Cowboy mention nothing about Cueto kicking anybody. Not until the clown that is LaRussa brainwashes all of his players & you Cardinal fans into blaming Cueto. It was brilliant move on LaRussa and not only did you guys buy it MLB did. Where Dusty takes the high road.

Quote Originally Posted by Rijo's Ghost View Post
    So surely you saw this angle right? You know, the one where Carpenter is slammed against the wall and Cueto is standing to the side completely surrounded by his own teammates?

I think that is Jonny Cueto trying to pull Gomes out of there right before he gets shoved into all of the mess.

everyone is assuming Cueto is the bad guy here.......watch that video in slow mo and you will not see Cueto kicking anyone except Carpenter.....I will say it again, if Larue was on the ground is it not possible for him to get kicked by anyone else? there had to be at least 30 set of spikes down there all moving very fast and all big guys......I know it could have and might have been JC, but I need evidence before I suspend a guy.

Quote Originally Posted by lidspinner View Post
    everyone is assuming Cueto is the bad guy here.......watch that video in slow mo and you will not see Cueto kicking anyone except Carpenter.....I will say it again, if Larue was on the ground is it not possible for him to get kicked by anyone else? there had to be at least 30 set of spikes down there all moving very fast and all big guys......I know it could have and might have been JC, but I need evidence before I suspend a guy.
    good point lid!

Did you see the one where Larue was just fine and dandy after he supposedly got injured by Cueto's kicking?

Mlb.com has a lengthy section of video where Larue is directly behind Rolen holding back Carpenter, and Larue is bouncing around looking like he's ready to mix it up again, and looks perfectly healthy and all.

A Cardinals player pushed Carpenter up against the wall. Not a Reds player. The picture verifies that. But Carpenter got what he deserved. He cussed at Baker and instigated the entire continuation of the brawl.

I'm sure there are plenty of pictures caught at certain moments anyone could use to defend their point. Nice try.

Just because you keep linking a screen shot doesnt mean anything. You linked a screen shot of before Cueto gets smashed, and then 15 seconds after when hes getting pulled away. You are clearly just trolling now. You care nothing about presenting a legit side to your argument you just want to troll.

Quote Originally Posted by lidspinner View Post
    Watch the video on mlb.com. Clearly, and I do mean clearly, Larue is fine in the immediate moments after supposedly getting kicked by Cueto.

Again, they video shows a lengthy section of time where Rolen is holding back Carpenter after the Cueto kicking incident and Larue is perfectly fine.

This is all a con by Lapuss-a.

Turn Off Ads?