Turn Off Ads?
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 101617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Cueto 7 game suspension

Re: Cueto 7 game suspension

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Just because you keep linking a screen shot doesnt mean anything. You linked a screen shot of before Cueto gets smashed, and then 15 seconds after when hes getting pulled away. You are clearly just trolling now. You care nothing about presenting a legit side to your argument you just want to troll.
    He was smashed up against the wall by his own teammates. Disagreeing with you while presenting actual photo evidence to back up my interpretation of events is not trolling. It's showing unbiased fact. And the unbiased fact is that of all the players involved in the scrum, Cueto was the only one to throw a kick or punch. The only player involved in the entire scrum to be suspended was Cueto. It's not some grand conspiracy, it's what happened.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rijo's Ghost View Post
    He was smashed up against the wall by his own teammates. Disagreeing with you while presenting actual photo evidence to back up my interpretation of events is not trolling. It's showing unbiased fact. And the unbiased fact is that of all the players involved in the scrum, Cueto was the only one to throw a kick or punch. The only player involved in the entire scrum to be suspended was Cueto. It's not some grand conspiracy, it's what happened.
    That's your version.

Unbiased fact???? Ridiculous. What I saw was Carpenter getting pushed up against the wall by his own players who were trying to get into the brawl and continue instigating things. Reds players were playing peacemakers and holding eachother back.

Lapuss-a has all you Cards fans brainwashed, obviously.

Not the way I saw it or any of my friends or even WLW sportstalk host Lance McAlister saw it, as he posted on his blog, and he was at the game and has seen multiple videos of it.

Your homerism is bleeding through. But you should be happy. Tony's media whining and con worked to perfection.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    That's your version.

Not the way I saw it or any of my friends or even WLW sportstalk host Lance McAlister saw it, as he posted on his blog, and he was at the game and has seen multiple videos of it.

Your homerism is bleeding through. But you should be happy. Tony's media whining and con worked to perfection.
    I'm not a Cards fan, I just don't think everything comes up sunshine and bubbles because it was a Reds player.

You want to talk about homerism? How about how yesterday when you claimed that Carpenter used a racial slur? And your "buddy" from WLW is the one that told you? Even tough another Cincinnati wrote what the players told him he actually said? How's that for homerism?

Are you really trying to tell me that Cueto wasn't kicking? That's not my "version" of the events, it's exactly what happened. Cueto being "pinned" against the wall by his own teammates isn't my version, it's what actually happened.

cueto might have been kicking, but not at Jason Larue....geesh. Show us pics or video of Jason getting kicked in the face. Until then, I am going to assume he got clipped while on the ground next to 30 other pairs of spikes. My gosh you cardinal fans will assume whatever you want to...........

Cueto kicked Carp in the back, he should be suspended for that...but not 7 games. you are just assuming he got Jason too. That is wrong, and that is not what a commisioner should do before he hands out suspensions.

I have it on good authority that Carpenter scratched Rolens arm with his finger nails while they were scruffling around.....where is Carps 7 game suspension?

see how easy it is to assume.

Quote Originally Posted by lidspinner View Post
    I have it on good authority that Carpenter scratched Rolens arm with his finger nails while they were scruffling around.....where is Carps 7 game suspension?

see how easy it is to assume.
    The league doesn't assume. They review video submitted by both teams and interview players involved.

And anyways, is it crazy to assume that LaRue got kicked in the face? You admitted to Cueto kicking Carpenter in the back. Cueto is on video kicking wildly, and LaRue's head was pushed down by Rolen about as high Carpenter's back. That just screams common sense to me, and I can guarantee that if the teams were reversed your view would be completely different than it is now.
    Last edited by Rijo's Ghost; 08-12-2010 at 07:25 PM.

I just watched mlb.com's video of the brawl. They show it from two angles. Cueto got entirely hosed with a 7 game suspension. He was slammed up against and then pinned against the wall. (1)He had every right to defend himself even if it involved kicking. To sit there and get crushed..........well tell that to the victims of the Cincinnati Who Concert years ago. He was in danger of being hurt. Total crap he got suspended. Meanwhile, (2)Molina starts the entire thing and then Carpenter and Lapuss-a egg it on. Cueto incident never happens if the Pacifier duo don't cry and yell at the Reds players "get off my property" like 5 year olds. Rolen plays peacemaker holding Carpenter back.

Then frickin' Lapuss-a cries in the media that Cueto should be suspended because Larue got hurt. UH.............if he was so hurt.........in the first view of the brawl, after Cueto finished kicking, they show Rolen holding back Carpenter for a very long time........and Larue is right behind him. No blood. He is actually looking to fight someone or get in the mix.........THIS IS ALL AFTER CUETO SUPPOSEDLY KICKED HIM. Look at the video.

Cardinals made this all up about Larue. He was perfectly fine. (3)Lapuss-a probably beat him up in the tunnel afterward and told him to take one for the team and say he got hurt, to stick it to the Reds. Coming from the kingpin head coach who had the most 'Roid players under him in his career (and probably still does), it would not surprise me.

Cueto got hosed. Lance's blog says the same thing. And Lance was at the game when it happened.
    (1) So it would be ok, in your mind, if Carpenter started kicking people, too? He was in the same position as Cueto, so your logic suggests it's ok for him to start kicking people.

(2) You need to take the homer glasses off.

(3) Clearly, you do not want to be taken seriously.

cueto might have been kicking, but not at Jason Larue....geesh. Show us pics or video of Jason getting kicked in the face. Until then, I am going to assume he got clipped while on the ground next to 30 other pairs of spikes. My gosh you cardinal fans will assume whatever you want to...........

Cueto kicked Carp in the back, he should be suspended for that...but not 7 games. you are just assuming he got Jason too. That is wrong, and that is not what a commisioner should do before he hands out suspensions.
    No one is really assuming this. It's clear that he kicked LaRue in the face. The video proves it. (Wow, just as I post this the news shows a replay of LaRue getting kicked in the face by Cueto) The only thing you can question is how seriously LaRue was injured because of this.

That's your version.

Unbiased fact???? Ridiculous. What I saw was Carpenter getting pushed up against the wall by his own players who were trying to get into the brawl and continue instigating things. Reds players were playing peacemakers and holding eachother back.

Irony.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelmacki View Post
    (1) So it would be ok, in your mind, if Carpenter started kicking people, too? He was in the same position as Cueto, so your logic suggests it's ok for him to start kicking people.
    Cueto was kicking to get people off him before he was crushed. Depends on why Carpenter would be kicking. More than likely in his case, it would be a girly thing.

(2) You need to take the homer glasses off.
    And you don't?

(3) Clearly, you do not want to be taken seriously.
    I am taken seriously by Reds fans. And don't call me Clearly.
    "I can't take this homerism anymore." - 10xWSChamps, August 11, 2010. A Cardinals fan having a problem with all the homerism on Redszone. Classic.

"Man do I miss the days where were didn't need a calculator and an encyclopedia of baseball metrics to enjoy a baseball game ... - MikeS21" - 8/2/12 game thread

It's not about who he kicked or how much damage he did, it was the fact that he was violently kicking. It doesn't really matter that he hit 2 people. I sincerely doubt that Bud Selig decided to hand out 3.5 games per person kicked. He was suspended because he was one of the few people that got violent in the fight and he was the only one that could be singled out from the video tape.

LaRue has damage on his face. They called up a catcher from AA to replace him for awhile. Carpenter has welts on his back and photographs of those injuries along with the injuries to LaRue's face were passed along to MLB officials.

This is not some conspiracy theory. I will re-port what I said on page 18;

until I see video of Jason getting kicked by Cueto I am going to assume Jason got kicked on the bottom of pile.....as stated earlier, the video is all right there for all to see, why cant we see Ceuto's foot hitting someone in the face? Its because that someone was on the freaking ground for half the brawl right next to 30 pairs of metal spikes....his own teammates could have done it and we would never know.

LaRue is kind of bent over right there, directly in front of Rolen (rolen is touching him) and you can see Carpenter (back turned to Cueto, in the solid red shirt) just off to the side of Cueto.

Is it really so hard to believe, since it's obvious that Cueto is kicking in that picture, that Carpenter and LaRue did indeed get kicked?

Jason's head is about a foot from Cueto's feet in that picture. If that isn't evidence enough then you are just being unreasonable.

Cueto was kicking to get people off him before he was crushed. Depends on why Carpenter would be kicking. More than likely in his case, it would be a girly thing.

And you don't?

I am taken seriously by Reds fans. And don't call me Clearly.
    I get that you're a troll, but please tell me why, if Cueto was kicking to "get people off him", he wasn't kicking his own teammates? You know, the ones holding him against the wall. Take it as a compliment that I just think you're acting like an idiot on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by 10xWSChamps View Post
    It's not about who he kicked or how much damage he did, it was the fact that he was violently kicking. It doesn't really matter that he hit 2 people. I sincerely doubt that Bud Selig decided to hand out 3.5 games per person kicked. He was suspended because he was one of the few people that got violent in the fight and he was the only one that could be singled out from the video tape.

LaRue has damage on his face. They called up a catcher from AA to replace him for awhile. Carpenter has welts on his back and photographs of those injuries along with the injuries to LaRue's face were passed along to MLB officials.

This is not some conspiracy theory. I will re-port what I said on page 18;

LaRue is kind of bent over right there, directly in front of Rolen (rolen is touching him) and you can see Carpenter (back turned to Cueto, in the solid red shirt) just off to the side of Cueto.

Is it really so hard to believe, since it's obvious that Cueto is kicking in that picture, that Carpenter and LaRue did indeed get kicked?

Jason's head is about a foot from Cueto's feet in that picture. If that isn't evidence enough then you are just being unreasonable.
    If the Cards wouldn't have started it and egged it on halfway through, nobody gets hurt.

It's all their fault.

I'm done with this thread since I've proven conclusively that it's all the Cardinals players fault, and Cueto was suspended unfairly, and Molina and Carpenter should have been suspended instead.

Next thread. Good night.

If the Cards wouldn't have started it and egged it on halfway through, nobody gets hurt.

It's all their fault.

I'm done with this thread since I've proven conclusively that it's all the Cardinals players fault, and Cueto was suspended unfairly, and Molina and Carpenter should have been suspended instead.

Next thread. Good night.
    Troll Fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelmacki View Post
    No one is really assuming this. It's clear that he kicked LaRue in the face. The video proves it. (Wow, just as I post this the news shows a replay of LaRue getting kicked in the face by Cueto) The only thing you can question is how seriously LaRue was injured because of this.

so it should not be hard to get me a still photo or a slo mo video of it then....post it and I will eat crow.....I am not afraid to admit i am wrong....I am just not gonna admit a guy kicked another guy when said guy was crawling on the bottom of the pile at one point in time....he could have gotten kicked at any time...sure logic points to Cueto and I might see it differently if roles were reversed.....but they are not and you are on a Reds board...I am here to defend the Reds, if you dont want to hear it then quit posting here or show me proof and I will gladly admit my wrong doing.

so you just seen it on replay of Jason getting kicked by Ceuto....SHOW ME

Turn Off Ads?