Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1117181920212223 LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 345

Thread: Cueto 7 game suspension

  1. #301
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    27

    Re: Cueto 7 game suspension

    Quote Originally Posted by lidspinner View Post
    so it should not be hard to get me a still photo or a slo mo video of it then....post it and I will eat crow.....I am not afraid to admit i am wrong....I am just not gonna admit a guy kicked another guy when said guy was crawling on the bottom of the pile at one point in time....he could have gotten kicked at any time...sure logic points to Cueto and I might see it differently if roles were reversed.....but they are not and you are on a Reds board...I am here to defend the Reds, if you dont want to hear it then quit posting here or show me proof and I will gladly admit my wrong doing.

    so you just seen it on replay of Jason getting kicked by Ceuto....SHOW ME
    YouTube - cards-reds fight brawl clear benches 10-aug-2010

    http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

    Done.

  2. Turn Off Ads?
  3. #302
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Terre Haute, IN
    Posts
    826

    Re: Cueto 7 game suspension

    The video clearly shows TLR going up to Dusty. Dusty is getting Brandon Phillips back and Tony comes out and wants to get in Dusty's face. That is what I see. Just face it Molina, LaRussa, and Carpenter are the culprits and all of you Cardinal fans repeat what Tony says. You or your players can't think for yourselves. Marty and Cowboy had the best view and they neither one said Cueto was kicking anybody.

  4. #303
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    27

    Re: Cueto 7 game suspension

    Quote Originally Posted by redlegs2370 View Post
    The video clearly shows TLR going up to Dusty. Dusty is getting Brandon Phillips back and Tony comes out and wants to get in Dusty's face. That is what I see. Just face it Molina, LaRussa, and Carpenter are the culprits and all of you Cardinal fans repeat what Tony says. You or your players can't think for yourselves. Marty and Cowboy had the best view and they neither one said Cueto was kicking anybody.
    My apologies. The Cardinals were the only culprits and all the Reds are innocent. Cueto never even threw kicks, it was all superimposed by LaRussa and he actually faked the whole video. No Reds players even got off the bench....

  5. #304
    The Buckeye Bomber
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    391

    Re: Cueto 7 game suspension

    The Reds are guilty. The Cardinals are guilty. The fight was great for both franchises, the rivalry and MLB ratings in the region. The right player was suspended and both skippers were given equal punishment. What are we arguing about? Right now they are talking about our fight during the MLB Network coverage of tonight's LAD/PHI game. They are showing footage of the brawl. I'm glad the Reds are getting attention.

    Both teams instigated the fight at different points in the series. If you think the Reds are only at fault, you're wrong. If you think the Cardinals are only at fault, you're wrong.

    "Middle ground" is a great thing.
    I hate the Cardinals. I hate the Cubs.
    Let's. Go. Reds.
    "Per Aspera Ad Astra"

  6. #305
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Terre Haute, IN
    Posts
    826

    Re: Cueto 7 game suspension

    Quote Originally Posted by Stelmacki View Post
    My apologies. The Cardinals were the only culprits and all the Reds are innocent. Cueto never even threw kicks, it was all superimposed by LaRussa and he actually faked the whole video. No Reds players even got off the bench....
    He tried to get people off of him when he was pinned against the wall. He was just pushing them back with his legs to get separation. You guys just want Cueto to be suspended because it will hurt the Reds. Plain and simple.

  7. #306
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    27

    Re: Cueto 7 game suspension

    Quote Originally Posted by redlegs2370 View Post
    He tried to get people off of him when he was pinned against the wall. He was just pushing them back with his legs to get separation. You guys just want Cueto to be suspended because it will hurt the Reds. Plain and simple.
    Do you even take yourself seriously?

  8. #307
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,078

    Re: Cueto 7 game suspension

    Quote Originally Posted by Illybey View Post
    His timing could have been better but, I still don't think it should call for any suspention. Still was only words and NOT RACIAL !
    I never said it was racial and I don't think it was either, please don't try and put words in my mouth. But nobody has any proof it was not racial either, nobody knows what was said, therefore its not out of line for some to believe it MAY have been.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

  9. #308
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Terre Haute, IN
    Posts
    826

    Re: Cueto 7 game suspension

    Quote Originally Posted by Stelmacki View Post
    Do you even take yourself seriously?
    Just defending Johnny because every Cardinal fan wants to crucify him and I doubt he can come on here and defend himself.

  10. #309
    The Buckeye Bomber
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    391

    Re: Cueto 7 game suspension

    Quote Originally Posted by redlegs2370 View Post
    He tried to get people off of him when he was pinned against the wall. He was just pushing them back with his legs to get separation. You guys just want Cueto to be suspended because it will hurt the Reds. Plain and simple.
    Cueto was kicking people. It isn't like he extended his legs and kept them extended to just keep people away. He was kicking for all he was worth, not worrying about who he caught or how bad he could have hurt them.

    What if the Cardinals players behind LaRue push him forwards at the wrong time? What if he loses his balance, looks up and catches Cueto's cleat in his eye? What if he loses that eye?

    Players CANNOT use their cleats as weapons, even in apparent defense. The best defense in that situation for Cueto would have been staying out of the scrum in the first place. You're a little guy and you're the starting pitcher. Stay focused on your routine and let the position guys do the dirty work.

    I realize I'm arguing with the same person who blamed this suspension on the race card a few pages back. I don't expect to make any headway here. :
    I hate the Cardinals. I hate the Cubs.
    Let's. Go. Reds.
    "Per Aspera Ad Astra"

  11. #310
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,003

    Re: Cueto 7 game suspension

    WOW.....you are nothing but a troll...do you think I have not seen that video a hundred times? show me the video of JC kicking JL in the face....matter of fact, just pause it on the screen shot and link that pic, its easy to do on a video...which you posted 2 vids, so somewhere in there you should be able to get me a still shot of Cueto kicking Jason in the face.....I mean its right there, show me.

    again, breaking news out of reds camp....jason larue is being accused of biting Cuetos feet and taking an entire toe off....He bit his pinky toe off. Its right there in the video. See how close Jasons face is to Cuetos foot? it had to be him who bit his toe off....Lets suspend Jason. see how retarded that sounds? Thats how you all sound accusing Cueto of kicking Larue in the face.

  12. #311
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    370

    Re: Cueto 7 game suspension

    Quote Originally Posted by redlegs2370 View Post
    He tried to get people off of him when he was pinned against the wall. He was just pushing them back with his legs to get separation. You guys just want Cueto to be suspended because it will hurt the Reds. Plain and simple.
    haha

    Well then I guess Molina was just asking Phillips if he wanted to get a beer after the game.

    MLB reviews video submitted by both teams. They gave him a 7 game suspension. This isn't some conspiracy to get him suspended. He kicked Carpenter in the back and kicked LaRue. There were plenty of guys pinned up against the backstop and he was the only one who kicked.

  13. #312
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    370

    Re: Cueto 7 game suspension

    Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    I never said it was racial and I don't think it was either, please don't try and put words in my mouth. But nobody has any proof it was not racial either, nobody knows what was said, therefore its not out of line for some to believe it MAY have been.
    The Reds players told a Cincinnati reporter that Carpenter said "F___ You" to Dusty. And yes, it is completely out of line to accuse someone of racism because of a baseball fight.

  14. #313
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    27

    Re: Cueto 7 game suspension

    Quote Originally Posted by lidspinner View Post
    WOW.....you are nothing but a troll...do you think I have not seen that video a hundred times? show me the video of JC kicking JL in the face....matter of fact, just pause it on the screen shot and link that pic, its easy to do on a video...which you posted 2 vids, so somewhere in there you should be able to get me a still shot of Cueto kicking Jason in the face.....I mean its right there, show me.

    again, breaking news out of reds camp....jason larue is being accused of biting Cuetos feet and taking an entire toe off....He bit his pinky toe off. Its right there in the video. See how close Jasons face is to Cuetos foot? it had to be him who bit his toe off....Lets suspend Jason. see how retarded that sounds? Thats how you all sound accusing Cueto of kicking Larue in the face.
    There are videos of Cueto kicking LaRue and you are the only one denying it. Not even the Reds players are saying he never kicked LaRue. If you believe that he didn't, you're not someone who has a worthy opinion.

  15. #314
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Terre Haute, IN
    Posts
    826

    Re: Cueto 7 game suspension

    Quote Originally Posted by Rijo's Ghost View Post
    haha

    Well then I guess Molina was just asking Phillips if he wanted to get a beer after the game.

    MLB reviews video submitted by both teams. They gave him a 7 game suspension. This isn't some conspiracy to get him suspended. He kicked Carpenter in the back and kicked LaRue. There were plenty of guys pinned up against the backstop and he was the only one who kicked.
    You know what Johnny is a young kid and he is not from this country. Who are we to judge. He is in a different culture and you see 50 people rushing against you your going to be frightened. He is a pitcher should he use his hand to try and get away. You Cardinal fans need to go take a multicultural class and try and understand where some people are coming from.

  16. #315
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Terre Haute, IN
    Posts
    826

    Re: Cueto 7 game suspension

    It really bothers me that Cardinal fans come on here and attack us personally for stating what we believe we witnessed or our opinions on what happened. This is a great site for intelligent baseball talk and not one to attack posters personally.


Turn Off Ads?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Board Moderators may, at their discretion and judgment, delete and/or edit any messages that violate any of the following guidelines: 1. Explicit references to alleged illegal or unlawful acts. 2. Graphic sexual descriptions. 3. Racial or ethnic slurs. 4. Use of edgy language (including masked profanity). 5. Direct personal attacks, flames, fights, trolling, baiting, name-calling, general nuisance, excessive player criticism or anything along those lines. 6. Posting spam. 7. Each person may have only one user account. It is fine to be critical here - that's what this board is for. But let's not beat a subject or a player to death, please.

Thank you, and most importantly, enjoy yourselves!


RedsZone.com is a privately owned website and is not affiliated with the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball


Contact us: Boss | GIK | BCubb2003 | dabvu2498 | Gallen5862 | LexRedsFan | Plus Plus | RedlegJake | redsfan1995 | The Operator | Tommyjohn25