Turn Off Ads?
Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 12181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Cueto 7 game suspension

Re: Cueto 7 game suspension

quit arguing with everyone except me please....I want to see footage or a still pic of Cueto kicking Jason....if you have the video as posted above, its simple to hit pause and get a still pic. thats all I am asking, nothing else. JC was kicking, he was wrong....he deserved some type of suspension or fine...just not what he got and he dont deserve what he is being accused of. I FIRMLY believe that Jason Larue got hurt in the brawl....just not by Johnny....Jason was on the ground at one point, how many people stepped over him? 10? 20? and some was his own teammates so they may have been the ones who cut him open.....we are just not going to sit on this Reds board while I am on here and throw Cueto to the wolves when all your doing is assuming.

SHOW ME

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by redlegs2370 View Post
    You know what Johnny is a young kid and he is not from this country. Who are we to judge. He is in a different culture and you see 50 people rushing against you your going to be frightened. He is a pitcher should he use his hand to try and get away. You Cardinal fans need to go take a multicultural class and try and understand where some people are coming from.
    Wait, so now because he's dominican he doesn't know that kicking people with his cleats is wrong? Why do you keep making this racial? This has absolutely nothing to do with race, cultural differences, or anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by ThornWithin81 View Post
    Cueto was kicking people. It isn't like he extended his legs and kept them extended to just keep people away. He was kicking for all he was worth, not worrying about who he caught or how bad he could have hurt them.

What if the Cardinals players behind LaRue push him forwards at the wrong time? What if he loses his balance, looks up and catches Cueto's cleat in his eye? What if he loses that eye?

Players CANNOT use their cleats as weapons, even in apparent defense. The best defense in that situation for Cueto would have been staying out of the scrum in the first place. You're a little guy and you're the starting pitcher. Stay focused on your routine and let the position guys do the dirty work.

I realize I'm arguing with the same person who blamed this suspension on the race card a few pages back. I don't expect to make any headway here. :
    This. There was no innocent party in this. Molina started "jawing" with Phillips after he tapped his shin guards, which I take Reds' fans words that this is a ritual he does. If his intention is not to start something, then why tap Molina again? The benches clear and LaRussa AND Baker fail to control their teams (hence the suspensions). Carpenter says something to Baker and Rolen goes to back Carpenter off. I really doubt Rolen was trying to fight him and the rush to the back stop probably occurred because everyone else thought otherwise. Cueto runs to the complete other side of the scrum. I have no idea what he was trying to do, but he gets caught by his own team and starts kicking and DOES hit LaRue in the face.

It really bothers me that Cardinal fans come on here and attack us personally for stating what we believe we witnessed or our opinions on what happened. This is a great site for intelligent baseball talk and not one to attack posters personally.
    There was an intelligent discussion going on about this, but it was broken up by a troll (Vottomatic)

Quote Originally Posted by Razzle View Post
    Wait, so now because he's dominican he doesn't know that kicking people with his cleats is wrong? Why do you keep making this racial? This has absolutely nothing to do with race, cultural differences, or anything else.
    You Cardinal fans are making this a race issue. I would like to talk Reds baseball but all the Cardinal fans do is come on here and attack the Reds players and I'm going to defend them. Yes I believe that not everyone grows up the same way or handles fear the same. You guys don't care so your not trying to understand the situation. Cueto never got a chance to have his side of the story heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelmacki View Post
    There was an intelligent discussion going on about this, but it was broken up by a troll (Vottomatic)
    Vottomatic is not a troll. He's a long time member here with well over 1200 posts.

You Cardinal fans are making this a race issue. I would like to talk Reds baseball but all the Cardinal fans do is come on here and attack the Reds players and I'm going to defend them. Yes I believe that not everyone grows up the same way or handles fear the same. You guys don't care so your not trying to understand the situation. Cueto never got a chance to have his side of the story heard.
    That's completely untrue. It's been insinuated since this happened that Carpenter used a slur by many, many people here.

And yes, Cueto absolutely did have the chance to tell his side of the story. MLB talks to all players involved. Cueto pleaded his case and got 7 games, and was the only player even suspended, for kicking.

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire123 View Post
    Vottomatic is not a troll. He's a long time member here with well over 1200 posts.
    He was certainly trying to.

I have no clue what happened, honestly. What I saw is a scrum of players all huddled around the backstop and in the midst of this Cueto kicking his feet wildly. I doubt he had the intention of hurting anyone and honestly believe it was a player that got caught in the middle of something he didn't want to be in and was protecting himself. It was just a really dangerous situation. However, there are people that are paid to look into this and come to a conclusion and they suspended Cueto 7 games. If LaRussa's words were lies, LaRue wasn't hurt at all, and the league didn't look further into that and just took their words and handed down the suspension then something is wrong. I really just find it hard to believe that their is some conspiracy against the Reds from the league to suspend Cueto, though.

The Buckeye Bomber

It really bothers me that Cardinal fans come on here and attack us personally for stating what we believe we witnessed or our opinions on what happened. This is a great site for intelligent baseball talk and not one to attack posters personally.
    Why does it really bother you? When strangers make personal attacks, ignore them. The judgment of a stranger has no base worth.
    I hate the Cardinals. I hate the Cubs.
    Let's. Go. Reds.
    "Per Aspera Ad Astra"

Quote Originally Posted by ThornWithin81 View Post
    The Reds are guilty. The Cardinals are guilty. The fight was great for both franchises, the rivalry and MLB ratings in the region. The right player was suspended and both skippers were given equal punishment. What are we arguing about? Right now they are talking about our fight during the MLB Network coverage of tonight's LAD/PHI game. They are showing footage of the brawl. I'm glad the Reds are getting attention.

Both teams instigated the fight at different points in the series. If you think the Reds are only at fault, you're wrong. If you think the Cardinals are only at fault, you're wrong.

"Middle ground" is a great thing.
    ++ 50 million

The only thing I have an issue with is that people somehow think that Cueto is in the right/didn't kick anyone/shouldn't have been suspended and the people that are claiming that Carpenter hurled a racial insult at Dusty.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelmacki View Post
    He was certainly trying to.
    Stelmacki, look at it from Reds fans point of view. How would you feel if Cubs fans overran your board? Wouldn't you get a little defensive and fed up?

Think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by lidspinner View Post
    quit arguing with everyone except me please....I want to see footage or a still pic of Cueto kicking Jason....if you have the video as posted above, its simple to hit pause and get a still pic. thats all I am asking, nothing else. JC was kicking, he was wrong....he deserved some type of suspension or fine...just not what he got and he dont deserve what he is being accused of. I FIRMLY believe that Jason Larue got hurt in the brawl....just not by Johnny....Jason was on the ground at one point, how many people stepped over him? 10? 20? and some was his own teammates so they may have been the ones who cut him open.....we are just not going to sit on this Reds board while I am on here and throw Cueto to the wolves when all your doing is assuming.

SHOW ME
    Coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by lidspinner View Post

SHOW ME
    http://stlouis.cardinals.mlb.com/vid...44233&c_id=stl
    You can ignore the interviews, all Cardinals players.

I didn't have time to read all 22 pages of comments, so maybe this has been brought up. On KTRS today, the feeling was that Cueto's suspension was a joke and should have been at least 15 games. The Cardinals and LaRue have considered seeking criminal assault charges based on the injuries suffered.

Mike Shannon called it the ugliest baseball "incident" he's seen in over 50 years. I find it interesting that a few Red's fans make light of Cueto's antics. He could have killed LaRue or Carpenter for God's sake! When you use metal cleats as weapons, it's no different than using a knife or other sharp object. How would you have felt if Cueto pulled out a knife and started swinging violently at others? Because that's exactly what he did!

Obviously, fans of each side are going to see parts of this incident differently. But make no mistake, what Cueto did was criminal and he's lucky that he's a major league baseball player because if he did what he did on the street, he would be in jail!
    Last edited by PujolsMVP; 08-12-2010 at 08:51 PM.

Turn Off Ads?