Turn Off Ads?
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Cueto 7 game suspension

Re: Cueto 7 game suspension

Quote Originally Posted by markymark69 View Post
    The whole thing was bad for baseball and the Cardinals were just as guilty as the Reds were.
    I'd agree but kind of nice to have a series to look forward to besides the cubs. I'm curious to see how fast tickets started going after this past weekend's games.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    The Buckeye Bomber

I don't see how the fight was bad for baseball in any way, shape or form.

Some of the most memorable baseball moments have been confrontations. See: Nolan Ryan beating the crap out of Robin Ventura. See Also: George Brett's insanity over the pinetar incident.

Passion is good for baseball. If they had gone into the stands and started brawling with fans - THAT - would have been bad for baseball.

EDIT: Edited the Nolan Ryan reference to Robin Ventura instead of Will Clark. Don't know why I always mess that one up.
    Last edited by ThornWithin81; 08-12-2010 at 03:22 PM. Reason: EDIT: Edited the Nolan Ryan reference to Robin Ventura instead of Will Clark. Don't know why I always mess that one up.
    I hate the Cardinals. I hate the Cubs.
    Let's. Go. Reds.
    "Per Aspera Ad Astra"

Quote Originally Posted by ThornWithin81 View Post

Some of the most memorable baseball moments have been confrontations. See: Nolan Ryan beating the crap out of Will Clark. See Also: George Brett's insanity over the pinetar incident.

Passion is good for baseball. If they had gone into the stands and started brawling with fans - THAT - would have been bad for baseball.
    I agree with you there and I bet the MLB marketing dept does too

Quote Originally Posted by Illybey View Post
    Highest ratings this year, wasn't it?

Look up 2 posts where I say that Phillips should not be suspended for "Jawing", it is the second tap that should get him suspended. Where exactly is my double standard?
    Sorry, I did have you and another poster who start this page saying Phillips should have been sus[peneded adn the Reds got off too easy. Thats the stuff that is p'ing off reds fans on here I think. I dont think he should get suspended for a llil ol tap, I took that as "yeah, I know I ran my mouth yesterday, but lets man up and just play ball"
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Some of the most memorable baseball moments have been confrontations. See: Nolan Ryan beating the crap out of Will Clark.

I thought it was Robin Ventura.

Some of the most memorable baseball moments have been confrontations. See: Nolan Ryan beating the crap out of Will Clark. See Also: George Brett's insanity over the pinetar incident.

I agree and I think people are taking it too seriously.

Cueto's suspension is the only real punishment here and even assuming the Reds lose that game I doubt the division will come down to half of a game.

Did he do anything worse than going in front of the nation and calling a team a bunch of BI***HES ? Have you never seen players jaw each other and get nothing? Because I have been physical in any way, he should be in trouble.
    No, because the Cards are a bunch of ******** . Kidding, just had to do it.

I never said Phillips didn't do anything wrong. I simply stated to think Carpenter did nothing wrong is ludicrous. Sorry, it's the truth.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

The Buckeye Bomber

Quote Originally Posted by redssince75 View Post
    My bad, you're right on that one. I don't know why I always think it was Clark.
    I hate the Cardinals. I hate the Cubs.
    Let's. Go. Reds.
    "Per Aspera Ad Astra"

Quote Originally Posted by redssince75 View Post
    It was Ventura and AWESOME!

So you think that if saying something is the equal to physical contact? It just isn't.

Just toooo ridiculous to comment on. Your courts are messed up to if that is the case, it wouldn't go that way here.
    Huh, do you comprehend what you read??? I don't even know what your first sentence is trying to say so cant respond to any of the rest. I can assure you that is how it would go down in any court house across the country though, cant say I started a physical confrontation because someone called me a name and act like oyu ad no role in it. You should have learned that in kindergarden.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

If it was good for baseball, why did you come on this board, complaining and moaning about what Phillips did and what Cueto did? We spent all afternoon discussing this - Cueto injures one of your players, Carpenter even gets some cuts out of it and it's probably fortunate that others did not get hurt and now you don't think it's bad for baseball?

From a rivalry prospective, yes, it's good, passion, yes, but the behavior (that's what I'm referring to) is not acceptable for professional athletes.

Guess could have just let Molina and Phillips duke it out?

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    No, because the Cards are a bunch of ******** . Kidding, just had to do it.

I never said Phillips didn't do anything wrong. I simply stated to think Carpenter did nothing wrong is ludicrous. Sorry, it's the truth.
    When did I say he did nothing wrong? I said he shouldn't be suspended. He should have been fined as he was. However, the guy that started all this Phillips, should have been suspended for the second tap. Not when he spewed the crap he did. Not when he tapped Molina the first time, but the second tap was tooo much.

Quote Originally Posted by markymark69 View Post
    If it was good for baseball, why did you come on this board, complaining and moaning about what Phillips did and what Cueto did? We spent all afternoon discussing this - Cueto injures one of your players, Carpenter even gets some cuts out of it and it's probably fortunate that others did not get hurt and now you don't think it's bad for baseball?

From a rivalry prospective, yes, it's good, passion, yes, but the behavior (that's what I'm referring to) is not acceptable for professional athletes.
    Simple, everyone on the Cards boards agrees totally with me, not one person disagrees. I wanted to see what the Reds fans thought, as I said before there I was surprised to see the people that were level headed and thought Cueto was lucky to loose only 1 start and Phillips...

Good or Bad publicity is still publicity.

Turn Off Ads?