Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Rob Dibble: Baseball Analyst

Rob Dibble: Baseball Analyst

Here:

"Those ladies right behind there, they haven't stopped talking the whole game," Rob Dibble said in the sixth inning of Wednesday night's Nats broadcast. "They have some conversation going on. Right here," he said, circling the offenders. "There must be a sale tomorrow going on here or something....Their husbands are going man, don't bring your wife next time."
    No word on whether he was aware of fire or the wheel!

"Bring on Rod Stupid!"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Rob Dibble: Baseball Analyst

Quote Originally Posted by nate View Post
    Here:

No word on whether he was aware of fire or the wheel!

Rob Dibble.... misogynist.

Maybe it's wrong, but I laughed, just because he's so stupid.

I'm sure it's part of Dibble's act. It reminds me of when Tracy Jones had that fake caller acting all snobby.. He claimed that the people in the cheap seats should have to wait after the game so that people that paid more for their tickets could get to their cars without a crowd, etc.. I laughed at all the fools that believed it was a real person, when it was obviously fake.
    Thank you Walt and Bob for going for it in 2010-2014!

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by REDREAD View Post

I'm sure it's part of Dibble's act. It reminds me of when Tracy Jones had that fake caller acting all snobby.. He claimed that the people in the cheap seats should have to wait after the game so that people that paid more for their tickets could get to their cars without a crowd, etc.. I laughed at all the fools that believed it was a real person, when it was obviously fake.
    Act?

Yikes!!

If that's an act then he's always in character.

Lee Strasberg would be proud.

After listening to Dibble during several Nats telecasts, I've come to the conclusion that he's not smart enough for that to be an "act."
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

That "caller" still calls in and is still hilarious. People go nuts when that guy is on and it is great radio.

I'm thinking Dibble is in his gig due to his personality rather than grey matter.
    "Bring on Rod Stupid!"

I think I'm allergic to Dibble. Maximum safe exposure time is about 5 seconds.
    "Baseball is a very, very complex business. It's more of a people business than most businesses." - Bob Castellini

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Rob Dibble.... misogynist.
    Rob Dibble.... misanthrope

I don't like what he said. Stereotyping irks me.

But! As a fan at a game... I absolutely HATE IT when the people behind, in front, or beside me do nothing but yap during the entire game... and not about the game. It's totally distracting and drives me insane. I'd love to scream SHUT THE H... UP!

So, how do you like me now?
    "Enjoy this Reds fans, you are watching a legend grow up before your very eyes" ... DoogMinAmo on Adam Dunn

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TeamBoone View Post
    I don't like what he said. Stereotyping irks me.

But! As a fan at a game... I absolutely HATE IT when the people behind, in front, or beside me do nothing but yap during the entire game... and not about the game. It's totally distracting and drives me insane. I'd love to scream SHUT THE H... UP!

So, how do you like me now?
    Went to a game at Wrigley a couple years ago. There wasn't a soul within 30 square feet of me paying even the slightest attention to the game. It both irked me and astonished me.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    That "caller" still calls in and is still hilarious. People go nuts when that guy is on and it is great radio.
    Richard from Indian Hill! While that whole meele went on during extra innings and the chick from "Cali" - Pretty much made me stop listening to Extra Innings and I haven't turned it on since.
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Quote Originally Posted by BoydsOfSummer View Post
    Went to a game at Wrigley a couple years ago. There wasn't a soul within 30 square feet of me paying even the slightest attention to the game. It both irked me and astonished me.
    If I was a Cub fan at a Cubs game. I wouldn't want to pay attention to them playing either.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Act?

Yikes!!

If that's an act then he's always in character.

Lee Strasberg would be proud.
    It is mostly an act. Dibble is a very intelligent, well read person. I actually had a conversation with him over Camus. Not kidding.
    He loves attention, however, and learned very early that being outrageous brings lots of attention. If he wasn't in baseball, he would probably make his living as a clown. That's just a hobby for him now.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Turn Off Ads?