Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/13/10 - Reds vs Marlins

Re: 8/13/10 - Reds vs Marlins

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    Defense is the flavor of the month. For all the defense talk, Heisey had a boneheaded play vs STL as well. I realize that he has become a fan favorite and I wouldn't be bothered with him starting, but maybe we can face reality and see that there might be a legit reason for him not to start.
    So what I'm not even allowed to mention defense in a post?

I mentioned both compnents and suggested that using Nix probably hurts in BOTH areas, and definitley hurts us defenisvely.

It's not like Nix is a good hitter. Generally speaking, the reasoning to get him on the field would be his defense, but I suppose you don't care much about that, so why do you want him playing?

"I'm not mad, I just type aggressively"
    -Rdirtypirates (Sep 6, 2023)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Defense is the flavor of the month. For all the defense talk, Heisey had a boneheaded play vs STL as well. I realize that he has become a fan favorite and I wouldn't be bothered with him starting, but maybe we can face reality and see that there might be a legit reason for him not to start.
    I personally am starting to wonder if you even read and analyze opinions that go against the FO. At this point it looks like you would rather just label us all into "FO hater/Heisey fan favorite" category, rather than actually debate our opinions.

This is the third time in less than a week I've basically been labeled something by you. It's not exactly good for intelligent discussion. I'm not running around and labeling you a FO shill.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    So what I'm not even allowed to mention defense in a post?

I mentioned both compnents and suggested that using Nix probably hurts in BOTH areas, and definitley hurts us defenisvely.

It's not like Nix is a good hitter. Generally speaking, the reasoning to get him on the field would be his defense, but I suppose you don't care much about that, so why do you want him playing?
    It's not that I want him playing, it's the reaction to him playing. Like Heisey is some automatic start. There are legit reasons why he may be sitting.

It's not that I want him playing, it's the reaction to him playing. Like Heisey is some automatic start. There are legit reasons why he may be sitting.
    Well, considering Nix' history, I think the question should be more why are we making room for him in the line-up when we have a young player that has come up and impressed right from day one at the plate, while also being able to play a premium defensive position that is currently filled by a guy who is like 83 years old.

I'm not saying Heisey is a god or something. If we are going to talk small sample sizes, you have to be skeptical of Heisey. At the same time, are we really that concerned that he can't outplay Nix, especially when Heisey benefits the contruction of the team on the field?

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    I personally am starting to wonder if you even read and analyze opinions that go against the FO. At this point it looks like you would rather just label us all into "FO hater/Heisey fan favorite" category, rather than actually debate our opinions.

This is the third time in less than a week I've basically been labeled something by you. It's not exactly good for intelligent discussion. I'm not running around and labeling you a FO shill.
    You can call me that, it won't bother me. I've been called it before, but not since they became a contender. Kind of stopped around then.

Intelligent discussion is good, but haven't we reached the point where the trust is there? This is the best team we have seen, by far, in years and yet these guys still seem to struggle with who to start? Kind of hard to believe. Enjoy the game and root for the guys on the field. Don't get so caught up in these kinds of decisions. We are acting like Baker and Jocketty decided to bench Votto for Cairo bc of the matchup.

Heading over to the ballpark thanks to KittyDuran's generosity!

I'd like to see Heisey in there 5 days a week or so, but I think sitting him against Josh Johnson is doing him a favor. Not sure it really matters who is in the line-up tonight. I'd place the line on three Reds hits this evening and I'd bet the under.

Hope like heck I'm wrong.
    All my posts are my opinion - just like yours are. If I forget to state it and you're too dense to see the obvious, look here!

I've said it before, and I'mma say it again...

Its not about how you lose, its about how you come back from that loss.

(We all wanted the last 3 games, but the Reds have been on a roll... They were due a few off days.. Just came on a bad day)

Lets go out and get them tonight!
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Go Reds! Tough assignment tonight, but I just want them to come out and play the game like they know how and I'd be ok w/ that.

You can call me that, it won't bother me. I've been called it before, but not since they became a contender. Kind of stopped around then.

Intelligent discussion is good, but haven't we reached the point where the trust is there? This is the best team we have seen, by far, in years and yet these guys still seem to struggle with who to start? Kind of hard to believe. Enjoy the game and root for the guys on the field. Don't get so caught up in these kinds of decisions. We are acting like Baker and Jocketty decided to bench Votto for Cairo bc of the matchup.
    Well, they certainly haven't gotten as far as they have with Nix getting at-bats in the 2 hole.

Keels and Brantley doing the TV tonight.

Basically the Garfunkel and Oates of the Broadcasting crews.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

And we are a go.... The past is the past... LETS DO THIS!
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

I'll do PBP

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

5-3
    1 out
    Morrison up

BB
    Runner on 1st
    1 out
    Sanchez up

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

chat is open
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Turn Off Ads?