Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Carpenter: "why is Scott Rolen attacking me?"

Re: Carpenter: "why is Scott Rolen attacking me?"

Insanity.

Everyone got what they deserved. In fact, I still feel like Cueto should have gotten another few days.

If you start suspending people for talking **** and instigating, half of both teams could have gotten games. It starts a bad precedent.

2. Turn Off Ads?

The media is at fault also. This is an old story, and reporters know that "The White Milton Bradley" is good for a few more quips.

My biggest question on this thread is, I thought this was a sight for Reds fans? When I read what was allowed to be on the redzone, from my understanding, these Cards fans bashing our team wouldn't be tolerated! I guess I was wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by CardsFanBob View Post
    Insanity.

Everyone got what they deserved. In fact, I still feel like Cueto should have gotten another few days.

If you start suspending people for talking **** and instigating, half of both teams could have gotten games. It starts a bad precedent.
    Starts a bad precedent for maintaining order in a work environment?
    A lot of people were at fault here, and more than likely more people should have gotten suspensions than they did, but per usual Carpenter is deferring the blame to someone else for situation he helped instigate as much as anyone.

I Love Birds

I'm not going to get into the whole Reds/Cards fight because I'm smart enough to realize that Cards fans won't change the Reds fans minds, and Reds fans won't change the Cards fans minds as to who's fault it was. As Pujols said last night, "what happened in Cincinnati, stays in Cincinatti"

All I'm going to say is that following the 2006 Cardinals seasons, Chris Carpenter's teammates, which at the time included Scott Rolen, Jason Isringhausen, Jim Edmonds, Albert Pujols, Aaron Miles, etc. voted him the winner of the Cardinals annual Darryl Kile Award, which is given to one player each January who exemplifies Kile's virtues of being "a good teammate, a great friend, a fine father and a humble man."

Other winners have been Mike Matheny, Woody Williams, Cal Eldred, Russ Springer, Adam Wainwright and Skip Schumaker. If they didn't think he was a good person, no way would they have given him that award becuase of how much DK meant, and still means, to this organization.

Say what you want about Carp, he's not as bad as you make him out to be. I'm sure you'd say the same about Phillips and Cueto who are public enemy number 1 and 2 in St. Louis....
    (Watching a couple kissing at Busch Stadium) “Well, he’s kissing her on the strikes and she’s kissing him on the balls.”---a classic "Shannonism" from Cardinals broadcaster Mike Shannon

Quote Originally Posted by Swampturkey View Post
    I'm not going to get into the whole Reds/Cards fight because I'm smart enough to realize that Cards fans won't change the Reds fans minds, and Reds fans won't change the Cards fans minds as to who's fault it was. As Pujols said last night, "what happened in Cincinnati, stays in Cincinatti"

All I'm going to say is that following the 2006 Cardinals seasons, Chris Carpenter's teammates, which at the time included Scott Rolen, Jason Isringhausen, Jim Edmonds, Albert Pujols, Aaron Miles, etc. voted him the winner of the Cardinals annual Darryl Kile Award, which is given to one player each January who exemplifies Kile's virtues of being "a good teammate, a great friend, a fine father and a humble man."

Other winners have been Mike Matheny, Woody Williams, Cal Eldred, Russ Springer, Adam Wainwright and Skip Schumaker. If they didn't think he was a good person, no way would they have given him that award becuase of how much DK meant, and still means, to this organization.

Say what you want about Carp, he's not as bad as you make him out to be. I'm sure you'd say the same about Phillips and Cueto who are public enemy number 1 and 2 in St. Louis....
    Fair is fair. Both sides will demonize who they want, but I'd rather see players either holding themselves responsible or not adding fuel to the fire like Pujols/Rolen are doing that but I guess we can't expect that from everyone.

I Love Birds

Quote Originally Posted by RedsIn07 View Post
    Fair is fair. Both sides will demonize who they want, but I'd rather see players either holding themselves responsible or not adding fuel to the fire like Pujols/Rolen are doing that but I guess we can't expect that from everyone.
    I totally agree,. I wish they'd all just shut up and go out and play. I'm sure it will all quiet down until the Reds come to St. Louis next month. Then it's all going to be brought back up again. Probably not so much by the players as it will be by the media.

I will admit however, that I have Cardinals season tickets so I will be at all three games of the series and I totally plan on booing Phillips and, if he starts, Cueto. I just hope it doesn't have a reverse effect and powers Phillips to hitting a homer against us and Cueto to pitching a perfect game.

To even things out, I will cheer for Scott Rolen and Jim Edmonds. I've always been a fan of Rolen, and Jim Edmonds is my all-time favorite baseball player.
    (Watching a couple kissing at Busch Stadium) “Well, he’s kissing her on the strikes and she’s kissing him on the balls.”---a classic "Shannonism" from Cardinals broadcaster Mike Shannon

Wearing Red

Quote Originally Posted by TylerScottDavis View Post
    Totally agree. Why are all of these Cardinal's fans still here defending their racist prima donna pitcher?

Welcome to CardinalsZone I guess.
    Prima donna?

Says the guy defending the loud mouthed 2nd baseman with a Purple Audi with Gold Glove rims.

Wearing Red

Says the Cardinals fan defending a racist bigot on a Red's fan website. Says a lot about you.
    I'm guessing someone either can't or didn't read the many many reports of exactly what Carpenter said to Dusty.

And, I'm done with you. You're just a bater anyway. You're quite good at it. Some might even call you a master.

Totally agree. Why are all of these Cardinal's fans still here defending their racist prima donna pitcher?

Welcome to CardinalsZone I guess.
    And your evidence of Carp being a racist is? Oh, that's right, you don't have any real evidence. That makes you a liar.

Wearing Red

I was there, front row. I know what I heard. Sorry I didn't have my microphone out to record the evidence.
    HAHAHHAHAHA!!!

You make it real easy, buddy. Too easy.

I Love Birds

I was there, front row. I know what I heard. Sorry I didn't have my microphone out to record the evidence.
    There are microphones in camera's placed behind home plate. There are microphones in each of the bases. There are microphones ALL OVER the ballpark. But yet, you are the only one who heard this stuff? Not very convincing.

So you're the only person who heard it? Lol, yeah right. If he had said something he would be getting crucified in the media and by the Reds players, not just children like you.

Turn Off Ads?