Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Marlins at reds/ 8-14-10

Marlins at reds/ 8-14-10

lineups to be posted soon, if anybody can post them it would be appreciated.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Marlins at reds/ 8-14-10

Quote Originally Posted by redlegs00 View Post
    lineups to be posted soon, if anybody can post them it would be appreciated.
    Where do you guys find the line-ups from? You post them so early (just wondering).

I don't know, I usually get mine from john fay but he hasn't posted them yet.

Phillips 2B
    Heisey RF
    Votto 1B
    Rolen 3B
    Gomes LF
    Stubbs CF
    Hernandez C
    Janish SS
    Leake P

Quote Originally Posted by mu4103 View Post
    Where do you guys find the line-ups from? You post them so early (just wondering).
    I follow Jim Day, John Fay, and Cincinnati Reds twitters.

One of them will usually have the lineup posted between 3-3:30

REDS

Phillips 4

Heisey 9

Votto 3

Rolen 5

Gomes 7

Stubbs 8

RHernandez 2

Janish 6

Leake 1

looks like gomes is back in the lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by redlegs00 View Post
    REDS

Phillips 4

Heisey 9

Votto 3

Rolen 5

Gomes 7

Stubbs 8

RHernandez 2

Janish 6

Leake 1
    Heisey is hitting .167 against lefties (54 AB) and .393 against righties (56 AB). Strange platoon Dusty tries.

Quote Originally Posted by mu4103 View Post
    Heisey is hitting .167 against lefties (54 AB) and .393 against righties (56 AB). Strange platoon Dusty tries.
    the amount of ABs makes that stat flat out useless basically.

It is weird that Jim Edmonds some how turned it all into a straight platoon. Dusty never really platooned Gomes, or Bruce. But now that edmonds is around hes perfectly fine with platooning all 3. Its like he didnt want to hurt anyones feelings so he wouldnt platoon guys. So wierd.

I hope we get a good performance from Leake tonight.
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post

It is weird that Jim Edmonds some how turned it all into a straight platoon. Dusty never really platooned Gomes, or Bruce. But now that edmonds is around hes perfectly fine with platooning all 3. Its like he didnt want to hurt anyones feelings so he wouldnt platoon guys. So wierd.
    I agree, but as I said Gomes, has always had huge left handed vs. right-handed splits. After doing some research, Heisey's minor league numbers are about even although up until this year he was better vs. lefties (.929 OPS vs. 801 OPS). Nix has a pretty big career split righty (.249) vs. lefty (.194). Bruce has somewhat of a split career (right .262, left .214) and season (left .242, right .268). Stubbs has virtually identical season (.235 and .236) and career stats vs. righties and lefties.

Obviously Gomes, (.275 - L and .232 - R) and Edmonds (.252 - L and .296 - R) have tremondous splits. I am going to post the numbers on a seperate thread though, becuase I think it is interesting to look at the OF splits. I still disagree with the platoons though. I think Heisey should be playing everyday center.

The problem with Gomes is that if hes playing against righties his play in the field is going to hurt you more over all compared to a good defender.

I was hoping Edmonds and Gomes would be the platoon with some starts in CF and RF for Edmonds on random days. It appears though that Edmonds is the platoon in RF and CF, and now Nix playing time is increased some how. So wierd that the Reds add a LH bat and it increases the playing time for the other LH bat.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post

It is a bit odd that now Dusty is the platoon-master. Let's hope it works. Jay should play every day. His bat is heating up.

I would play Bruce every day and PH him more against lefty relievers. Thats where his huge split is more than anything. He hits LH starters at a good enough rate that I wouldnt want to remove his glove from the OF D.

we could be looking at a rain delay to start the game.

Turn Off Ads?