Carpenter: "why is Scott Rolen attacking me?"

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Carpenter: "why is Scott Rolen attacking me?"

Quote Originally Posted by Reverend Doo-Rag View Post
    Boohoo, Chrissy.

Wearing Red

Umm...let me help explain.

That's his 7 year old son asking him that question.

Thanks for the opportunity to close this thread.

Carpenter is a tool! I hope Johnny throws up and in and fractures his arm Labor Day weekend. It would be poetic justice for Carpenter not getting suspended and Cueto getting a ridiculous amount of games.

Wearing Red

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    That's not really a good representation. You can't see her legs flailing wildly.

Quote Originally Posted by two-hole View Post
    That's not really a good representation. You can't see her legs flailing wildly.
    Wait a minute flailing wildly or violently? Can the Cardinals and their fans get their facts straight. You refer to Cueto as a girl and not manly but yet you think he could get suspended for kicking people. If he is such a sissy then everything should have been forgotten because surely couldn't have done any damage to anyone because he is soft.

It must be hard to tell your 7 year old son that daddy is a tool

Dad..what did you say to Dusty Baker? It sounded like you said truck.

"Daddy, why do you stand at the mound and scream obscenities as loud as you can when someone gets a hit off of you? Is that the good sportsmanship you're always telling me about?"

More <female dog> talk from Carpenter.

I hope that <female dog> explained to his son that Rolen was coming after him because his daddy is a potty mouth.

Wearing Red

In all seriousness, out of all the personalities on the Cardinals, I truly don't understand your POV on Carpenter.

Carpenter is one of the league's most fierce and toughest competitors. He's a bulldog. He's not a fly-off-the-handle hothead like Zambrano. He may get vocal and fired up, but he channels that into productive energy to pitch out of a jam.

He inspires his defense, he puts the team on his back and carries them, he pitches through pain, he keeps his teammates in line the right way. He mentors and teaches the younger players.

He's the ideal leader type. He's as hard-nosed and play-the-game-the-right-way as Rolen. Old school.

He came to Cincy and didn't like that the balls weren't roughed to MLB standards. Fine, I can see how that might equal "complaining" in your eyes. But doesn't it take more than that for a preponderence of evidence to call a guy, and his whole team, a bunch of little whiny b&%ches?

I can see if you're ripping LaRussa. Or Lopez. B.Ryan is a flake (but a damn good shortstop). Molina, maybe, from your POV seemed to be ready to go with BPhillips at any inkling of an opportunity. But Carpenter? That's like calling Pete Rose a *ussy. Mr. Charlie Hustle himself.

I seriously don't get it. 100 out of 100 of you would (should) be tripping all over yourselves to have him put on a Reds uni.

He's as good as they come, boys and girls.
    Last edited by two-hole; 08-14-2010 at 01:32 AM.

He's a whiny b!tch. Period. I hate him.

And please don't ever talk about Chris Carpenter as a ballplayer and Pete Rose as a ballplayer in the same sentence. Ever.

I would also say that the way he acted the other night with Ryan was not handling it the right way. And I'm not talking about when he took him into the tunnel. I'm talking about his prick behavior on the field of play.

Quote Originally Posted by two-hole View Post
    In all seriousness, out of all the personalities on the Cardinals, I truly don't understand your POV on Carpenter.

Carpenter is one of the league's most fierce and toughest competitors. He's a bulldog. He's not a fly-off-the-handle hothead like Zambrano. He may get vocal and fired up, but he channels that into productive energy to pitch out of a jam.

He inspires his defense, he puts the team on his back and carries them, he pitches through pain, he keeps his teammates in line the right way. He mentors and teaches the younger players.

He's the ideal leader type. He's as hard-nosed and play-the-game-the-right-way as Rolen. Old school.

He came to Cincy and didn't like that the balls weren't roughed to MLB standards. Fine, I can see how that might equal "complaining" in your eyes. But doesn't it take more than that for a preponderence of evidence to call a guy, and his whole team, a bunch of little whiny b&%ches?

I can see if you're ripping LaRussa. Or Lopez. B.Ryan is a flake (but a damn good shortstop). Molina, maybe, from your POV seemed to be ready to go with BPhillips at any inkling of an opportunity. But Carpenter? That's like calling Pete Rose a *ussy. Mr. Charlie Hustle himself.

I seriously don't get it. 100 out of 100 of you would (should) be tripping all over yourselves to have him put on a Reds uni.

He's as good as they come, boys and girls.
    It's not like calling Pete Rose female genitalia. Pete Rose hustled and worked harder than anyone but he has less than a good moral compass. Hell of a competitor, but he's still not the best figure to idolize based on character. Same as Carpenter. Just because he can hustle or tough it out doesn't make him a good person. Lack of character, not being a hothead is Carpenter... hell of a competitor though.

Guys I tried to keep my language to a minimum there's no reason anyone else here can't as well. Makes these forums look like a bad ESPN Football forum.

Turn Off Ads?