Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Any reason why Wood pitched 2 innings tonight?

takealeake

Any reason why Wood pitched 2 innings tonight?

Was this planned? He only pitched two innings in Louisville. Did they just not want to push him any longer or did something happen to take him out that early?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Any reason why Wood pitched 2 innings tonight?

Yes it was planned.

I know it may be in another thread but how did he do?

2 innings no runs 3 hits or something like that.

Thanks GIDP!

to stay sharp for his soon to be callup.

I Love Birds

Why was he optioned out? I read that Baker (or was it Jocketty?) said that he wasn't going to start anyway, which was the reason for the decision, but why wasn't someone with more innings this year, such as Leake, optioned out instead?

I must admit, Wood scares me more than Leake does from the opposition point of view.
    (Watching a couple kissing at Busch Stadium) “Well, he’s kissing her on the strikes and she’s kissing him on the balls.”---a classic "Shannonism" from Cardinals broadcaster Mike Shannon

Quote Originally Posted by Swampturkey View Post
    Why was he optioned out? I read that Baker (or was it Jocketty?) said that he wasn't going to start anyway, which was the reason for the decision, but why wasn't someone with more innings this year, such as Leake, optioned out instead?

I must admit, Wood scares me more than Leake does from the opposition point of view.
    I've heard Wood has pitched more innings this season than Leake if you combine spring training, ML, and AAA levels.

They optioned Wood down instead of Leake, due to the fact that Leake was pitching that next day/ night, and both are high on innings. But since Wood didn't really need to pitch for the 10 days, they sent him down. Had it been Wood that had to pitch that night instead, Leake would have been sent down.

I Love Birds

Thanks for the info
    (Watching a couple kissing at Busch Stadium) “Well, he’s kissing her on the strikes and she’s kissing him on the balls.”---a classic "Shannonism" from Cardinals broadcaster Mike Shannon

When will they call him back up?
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

Thursday

Turn Off Ads?