Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dusty will have suitors...

Dusty will have suitors...

According to Ken Rosenthal.

http://msn.foxsports.com/video/MLB?v...b/home_gallery

I have mixed feelings. The reds have played well above expectations and Dusty has to get some of the credit. But his lineups, infatuation with underperforming veterans etc drive me crazy. I am surprised Ken thinks he will have a handful of suitors. Reactions?
    Baseball is life

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Dusty will have suitors...

He wont find many teams willing to pay him more than he's getting now, and if he does then see you later. 3.5 million for a manager is way too much. Thats third in MLB I think. Only Torre and LaRussa make more from what I can tell.

Francona might make more.

Sure he will. The MLB loves to hire the same coaches over and over and over and over, like no other sport

He's obviously doing something right.

Chris Speier seemed to do just as good as Dusty could have done for millions less. If he's going to demand another massive contract he needs to be let go. He's not worth it.

I doubt money will be an issue. He would love to stay and finish the job he started. Why would he want to go to another team and spend another three years building it into a contender? He likes it here and the has a strong organization behind him.

let him walk if he wants to this team can win without him, they will need someone they can respect though. larussa i think would be a bad fit with some of the players. a showalter type won't get it done either. how about phillie's bench coach he seems like a good fit?

bobby valentine might work as well.

Quote Originally Posted by bshall2105 View Post
    Chris Speier seemed to do just as good as Dusty could have done for millions less. If he's going to demand another massive contract he needs to be let go. He's not worth it.

2 Games in and Speier can be the next skipper.lol

Dusty should stay.This team is in contention and he has a great deal to do with that.You saw how Rolen and Votto wanted to break Carps neck when he started chirping at Baker.These guys seem to play their heart out for him.Good mix of young and old players,why disrupt the team chemistry and momentum the Reds have, come what may this season and the next.
    Too many here think a manager change is the solution.And after the merry go round manager shuffle we have had the past decade,its good to see a real manager bringing some stability to the team.
    Ask any player in that clubhouse I bet and they would tell you that Baker is their choice.

We still need 5 more wins (than losses) for him to be at .500 here, which, by the way, is no small feat!
    PDM

While I am no fan of Dusty's in game managing, he is a good clubhouse manager. The players like him and they have responded to him. That makes up for some of his baffling in game management decisions.

Overall, unless there is an above average manager available (not sure there is), sign him back up. If they have someone in mind that is good then let him go, but I am not sure there is a guy out there. As they say, better the devil you know...

Quote Originally Posted by scott91575 View Post
    While I am no fan of Dusty's in game managing, he is a good clubhouse manager. The players like him and they have responded to him.
    Dusty is a fantastic clubhouse manager. His teams love him and play hard for him. Think about those SF teams with Bonds and Kent. Those were not easy teams to manage but there were never chemistry problems.

He is in the bottom tier of decision makers but the handful of games he costs his team are far outweighed by the winning attitude his teams play with every day.

pretty simple if ya ask me....you sit him down and tell him that you want him back....BUT, this is your downfalls and this is what I want to see you work on...just as you would any player on your roster at the end of the year......its no secret what Dusty needs to work on...so tell him to work on it.

THe players love the crap out of him, he seems to get the most out of certain type of players....as long as he is in favor of tweaking a few simple things then get him back in here and do what it takes.
    I cant stand the guy, he drives me nuts with him choices, but the Reds do play well for him and us fans dont have to like him, the players dont have to like him, he just has to win.

Dusty will have suitors...
    Good let him go, no manager is worth 3.5 million plus you know he wants a raise

takealeake

Hell, why not give Rick Sweet a shot if Dusty wants some ridiculous contract? The dude does a ridiculously good job at Louisville with all kinds of attrition each year, a new player in a spot constantly, but he keeps winning.

Turn Off Ads?