Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Dear CE, Hoosier and others

Dear CE, Hoosier and others

Forget bumping a thread (as mth did) and there were a few others that could have been bumped.

You were right, and I was wrong.

The Reds made the very best of sending Wood down by limiting his innings in AAA last night when he only pitched two before being removed. In a million years I would not have guessed they would take the opportunity to back him off in terms of innings, but they did. So, good on you for your faith in them doing the right thing in the absence of any reporting on it and full applause to Walt and the Reds in doing so.

I still am not sure why Leake isn't yet getting the same consideration, but perhaps that move is close.

At any rate, as fully engaged as that discussion was back on Monday, thought I should acknowledge the outcome.

Glad to be wrong.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Formerly Farsighted Fan sabometrics's Avatar

Re: Dear CE, Hoosier and others

"He looked like a surfer kid from SoCal," manager Dusty Baker says. "He didn't say much, but you could tell he was cool."

Appreciate the thought Mem, but not needed. The questioning of how everything was handled was certainly justified and the Reds made enough "odd" moves around the signing to bring into question what they were doing here. It turns out the specific move with Wood was correct, although a lot of that will depend on how he performs when he comes back.
    When people say that I donít know what Iím talking about when it comes to sports or writing, I think: Man, you should see me in the rest of my life.
    ---Joe Posnanski

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

No kudos needed here either -- reading tea leaves with this organization is an inexact science at best, and anyone who tells you they're doing anything beyond just guessing is a liar.
    Championships Matter.
    24 Years and Counting...

Turn Off Ads?