Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thom on the DL?

Re: Thom on the DL?

New Reds TV duo

Reds fans will see a new TV team when the team plays in Colorado Sept. 6-8, as analysts Chris Welsh and Jeff Brantley call the game. So far this year, each has worked only with play-by-play announcers Thom Brennaman or Paul Keels.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I hate Keels, literally hate him. BTW, anyone noticed we get swept when he calls games? Seattle, Philly, StL, even though we swept FLA
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

Quote Originally Posted by redsfan_12 View Post
    I hate Keels, literally hate him. BTW, anyone noticed we get swept when he calls games? Seattle, Philly, StL, even though we swept FLA
    i think he called the pirates series that we got swept in earlier in the season as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 1990REDS View Post
    i think he called the pirates series that we got swept in earlier in the season as well.
    you are correct. Forgot about that one.
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

The Smiling Side AintlifeGrande's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by double21d View Post
    George Grande=Bad Luck
    The guy retires and the Reds are now in 1st place...coincidence???

Hey thats plain wrong.:thumbdown

So your saying in essence we are winning because of Keels then,right?

ROLL TIDE ROLL!!

Um, surf's up?

I am not a fan of Thom, in fact I think he is the worst of all the Reds announcers, Keels not included. The worst is when Father and Son are on the radio.....unlistenable.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    I am not a fan of Thom, in fact I think he is the worst of all the Reds announcers, Keels not included. The worst is when Father and Son are on the radio.....unlistenable.
    Yes if you want to here about the game do not listen to Mary and Thom. That was the worst radio broadcast I've ever heard and I have broadcasted for a school station before.

Schnickelfritz

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    I'm with ya. Thom isn't a shade on his dad's legacy and Marty ain't the announcer he used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by bshall2105 View Post
    Yes if you want to here about the game do not listen to Mary and Thom.
    Oh, I know. If they're coming back from a break, Marty often forgets to mention the score. It's not a problem when I've listened from the start but if I'm just tuning in? GIVE ME THE SCORE!

Personally, I'm tired of the glut of broadcasters this team has. I'd be pretty happy if they'd just make Kelch and the Cowboy the radio team and pick up Steve Stewart again to work with Welsh on TV.

While I'm at it, let's send Gapper into retirement. There's no reason we need Mr. Redlegs, Rosie, and that furry abomination.

Why do announcers go on vacation DURING the season? Isn't the other 6 months of the year enough time to work in a month or two for vacation?

why all the hate for Thom. I subscribe to MLB.TV and Thom is by far one of the best in the business. Other teams announcing duos do not come close to Thom and Chris IMO.... Also I get mlb radio on xm and Marty is the best out there. Marty and the guy that does the Cubs play by play are the best on the radio IMO... Trust me, we are lucky to have Marty, Thom, Chris and even the Cowboy.

Quote Originally Posted by redssince75 View Post
    Why do announcers go on vacation DURING the season? Isn't the other 6 months of the year enough time to work in a month or two for vacation?
    Thom is only contracted to work 100 games for FS Ohio. I think for a family man with a wife and children, a couple of weeks off during the Summer is acceptable.

Better get used to Thom. He will replace his dad as PBP one day
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

Thom is great. He really speaks to me, the fan who hangs on every pitch.

He's very intense, and very into the game. I can tell that he's very passionate and knowledgeable.

Stat geek...and proud

Thom is fine when he's doing what he's hired for, and that's broadcast the game. I don't give a crap about his opinion on teams/players/etc. I'll form my own opinion, thank you. He's a little bit of a blowhard at times, he sometimes reminds me of Joe Buck, but not as bad.

Turn Off Ads?