Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Bailey activated, Francisco to lou

Bailey activated, Francisco to lou

Per Reds Twitter.

Only bench infielder right now is Cairo/Rolen.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Bailey activated, Francisco to lou

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Per Reds Twitter.

Only bench infielder right now is Cairo/Rolen.
    Orlando Cabrera is eligible to come off the DL August 18th I believe. I heard Brantley say on the broadcast last night that he is feeling fine but with an oblique its easy to aggravate. I'd guess we'll stay with Cairo as the only infielder off the bench until Cabrera comes off the DL.
    Last edited by Eric the Red; 08-15-2010 at 11:51 AM.

I don't get it. It seems like they're afraid to hurt one of the outfielder"s feelings.

Quote Originally Posted by bshall2105 View Post
    I don't get it. It seems like they're afraid to hurt one of the outfielder"s feelings.
    It certainly seems that way.

Right now the Reds have Edmonds, Hernandez and Cairo as their possible infielders. Ramon and Edmonds basically can only play first base if they are needed.

I lol'd so hard! Nice post
    ...the 2-2 to Woodsen and here it comes...and it is swung on and missed! And Tom Browning has pitched a perfect game! Twenty-seven outs in a row, and he is being mobbed by his teammates, just to the thirdbase side of the mound.

I'm sure one of the outfielders (Heisey or Stubbs since they have options) will be sent to Louisville until September 1st when Cabrera comes off the DL.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    I'm sure one of the outfielders (Heisey or Stubbs since they have options) will be sent to Louisville until September 1st when Cabrera comes off the DL.
    Hopefully, that's later than sooner.

ASk yourself this question...who do you send from the OF? You CAN'T send down Stubbs-he is a proven starter and has an awesome future, ditto for Bruce, Gomes has started all year but I'm personally sick of his lack of hitting, Heisey is an asset off the bench, ditto for Nix, maybe just maybe the starting OF should be Stubbs, Bruce, and Edmonds, in that order of priority. Stubbs is the best OFer we have.

takealeake

We're bogged down with too many veterans who shouldn't be on the team. Nix has played well recently, but he's still Laynce Nix, comeon now. I thought the point of getting Edmonds was to platoon with Gomes in left and get rid of Nix? Nope. Apparently it instead is to play a poor center field at the age of 40 ALONG with Gomes in left, for one of the most pitiful OF combinations around. This roster management stuff is getting ridiculous, stop being wusses and get rid of Nix.

Nix just doesnt fall that high on any depth chart if you rank them by skills

Hes the 3rd best LH OF bat on the team (Bruce, Edmonds)
    Hes maybe 4th best defensive OFer (Bruce Stubbs Heisey, Edmonds)
    Overall hes probably the 5th best OF bat (Bruce, Gomes, Edmonds, Heisey)

I just have a hard time seeing where he fits ahead of any of the other OF options.

i still think nix offers more to this team right know then gomes does.

Quote Originally Posted by 1990REDS View Post
    i still think nix offers more to this team right know then gomes does.
    maybe right now, but Francisco and Alonso will probably be up Sept 1. They probably won't play OF but they are better LH bats off the bench.

Gomes is pretty much worthless now but they need him to turn it around more than they need Nix IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by will5979 View Post
    ASk yourself this question...who do you send from the OF? You CAN'T send down Stubbs-he is a proven starter and has an awesome future, ditto for Bruce, Gomes has started all year but I'm personally sick of his lack of hitting, Heisey is an asset off the bench, ditto for Nix, maybe just maybe the starting OF should be Stubbs, Bruce, and Edmonds, in that order of priority. Stubbs is the best OFer we have.
    Sorry but you can't play with one backup infielder that is Miguel Cairo. I don't care who goes down but it should have been one of them.

Turn Off Ads?