Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: True Grit remake

Re: True Grit remake

Quote Originally Posted by Puffy View Post
    Yeah, but you're old. You forget things like prior movies and when to change your diaper.

I like your avatar, Puffster. Is that what you have on your undroos?
    "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
    ~ Mark Twain

2. Turn Off Ads?

Deadpool rules!
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

The Buckeye Bomber

Trailers are out. Needless to say, I'm excited.

Trailer One:

YouTube - True Grit Trailer 2010

Trailer Two:

YouTube - True Grit - Trailer 2 (HD)
    I hate the Cardinals. I hate the Cubs.
    Let's. Go. Reds.
    "Per Aspera Ad Astra"

Blowing away bad memories Redsfan320's Avatar

Going to see this one tomorrow. Can it live up to the original? We will see.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    Going to see this one tomorrow. Can it live up to the original? We will see.

Being one of the biggest JW fans there is, that is my feelings too. A few people I've talked to at work think this is almost sacrilegious, while several of us can't wait to go see it.

I'm sure there will be those that won't like it simply because you don't touch as JW movie because there was only one John Wayne. But I'm being more open minded about it. I've always liked Bridges, and the reviews I've read say his portrayal of the part is simply fantastic, as well as the young actress that plays Mattie Ross.

One review I read stated "The 2010 version isn't an adaptation of the original film version as it is an adaptation of the original novel".
    Last edited by GAC; 12-23-2010 at 04:29 AM.
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    One review I read stated "The 2010 version isn't an adaptation of the original film version as it is an adaptation of the original novel".
    Yeah, I saw it tonight. It is an adaptation of the novel of the same name, and not a "remake" of the 1969 film. The viewpoint is more focused on Ross, and the mood of the film is different. I thought it was excellent, although I haven't seen the original. Still cracks me up reading posts in this thread about not wanted the Coens to "touch such a classic"...
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

Blowing away bad memories Redsfan320's Avatar

Just got back from the movie, very good movie. The three lead actors were great, and the movie as a whole was very good. Very similar to the original as far as story, and even some dialogue.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

I watched the original for the first time last night and am looking forward to seeing the 2010 version.
    I was in the ORG once, best 6 months of my life.

I read the novel over the first few days of Christmas Break. I didn't realize the humor in it. It's kind of funny and reminded me a bit of Harper Lee's classic, To Kill a Mockingbird, though the subject matter is even darker.
    "You can learn little from victory. You can learn everything from defeat."
    -- Christy Matthewson
    "Show me a good loser and I'll show you an idiot."
    -- Leo Durocher

saw it yesterday, and it was fantastic. Liked it as much as the original.
    "But I do know Joey's sister indirectly (or foster sister) and I have heard stories of Joey being into shopping, designer wear, fancy coffees, and pedicures."

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    The viewpoint is more focused on Ross
    Wasn't the novel written from the viewpoint of Mattie?
    "panic" only comes from having real expectations

I'm looking forward to seeing this. Never was a big John Wayne fan personally.
    Get your nunchucks and the keys to your dad's car. I know where we can get a gun

Yeah, much like Scout in TKaM. She's cynical, naive, funny, and angry all at once. A really interesting book.
    "You can learn little from victory. You can learn everything from defeat."
    -- Christy Matthewson
    "Show me a good loser and I'll show you an idiot."
    -- Leo Durocher

Start the Reactor! *BaseClogger*'s Avatar

Isn't her name "Mattie Ross" or am I mistaken?
    "On-base percentage is great if you can score runs and do something with that on-base percentage," Baker said. "Clogging up the bases isn't that great to me."

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    I'm looking forward to seeing this. Never was a big John Wayne fan personally.
    My dad is a huge John Wayne fan. Which is why he refuses to watch the remake. He's stubborn that way. Personally, I loved the original and can't wait to see this version.

Turn Off Ads?