Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Kevin Slowey doing nothing through 7

Kevin Slowey doing nothing through 7

against Oakland.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Kevin Slowey doing nothing through 7

A no hitter eh?
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    A no hitter eh?
    There's always one folks.

It's not like I'm at the field yelling from the stands "you're throwing a no hitter dude!"
    Go Gators!

The Twins yanked Slowey heading into the 8th, despite his (now well-established) no-hitter. He had 106 pitches... so the Twins are now going with Jon Rauch in the 8th. One down.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

And just like that, Cliff Pennington doubles to break up the combined no-no. Redszone has ruined yet another one.

I had him at 109 pitches...really can't fault the Twins for not going all Edwin Jackson on us.

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I had him at 109 pitches...really can't fault the Twins for not going all Edwin Jackson on us.
    I think it's just more of the same pitch count garbage that has infested the Majors with absolutely no concrete evidence.

Unless Slowey was sore or didn't feel he could go back out, I think this is bush league by Gardenhire.

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    Redszone has ruined yet another one.
    Hi-fives all around!
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    I think it's just more of the same pitch count garbage that has infested the Majors with absolutely no concrete evidence.

Unless Slowey was sore or didn't feel he could go back out, I think this is bush league by Gardenhire.
    He had elbow issues earlier in the week.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    Hi-fives all around!
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    He had elbow issues earlier in the week.
    I had not heard that. I think that makes it a bit more understandable.

Turn Off Ads?