Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Troy Renck of Denver Post mentions Yonder Alonso as trade possibility for Rockies

Troy Renck of Denver Post mentions Yonder Alonso as trade possibility for Rockies

With Todd Helton getting older and not performing well, the Rockies are in need of a first baseman of the future and Troy Renck mentions Yonder Alonso as a potential target for the Rockies.

Finding a right-handed first baseman is and should be a priority. It's highly unlikely that the Rockies will make a play on a big-name free agent such as Paul Konerko, an ideal fit. That leaves two guys to focus on: Kansas City's Billy Butler and Cincinnati prospect Yonder Alonso, if they must go left-handed, even though it wouldn't be a great fit if Helton returns as a bench player. Butler has intriguing power and would give the Rockies more balance as a right- handed hitter behind Troy Tulowitzki.
    http://www.denverpost.com/ci_15854094

I've always been a fan of Chris Nelson but he would have to be a throw in instead of the main piece. Their top prospect, LHP Tyler Matzek, is most likely off the table, and their second best prospect, LHP Christian Friedrich has struggled this season. I'm not sure if the Reds and Rockies match up well in a trade.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Troy Renck of Denver Post mentions Yonder Alonso as trade possibility for Rockies

Alonso, Leake, and Bailey for Ubaldo?

Ubaldo
    Cueto
    Arroyo
    Wood
    Volquez

?

Resident PED Expert

Re: Troy Renck of Denver Post mentions Yonder Alonso as trade possibility for Rockies

Alonso, Cozart and Francisco for Tulowitzki.

Rumors have been they are back and forth on keeping Stewart at 3B. This allows them to move him off third. They have had an interest in Francisco before. Gives them a replacement at SS, and a 6 year fix at 1B

His splits aren't that extreme either...

Home OPS .929
    Road OPS .863
    Last edited by nemesis; 08-24-2010 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis View Post
    Alonso, Cozart and Francisco for Tulowitzki.
    I like the way you think.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Alonso, Leake, and Bailey for Ubaldo?

Ubaldo
    Cueto
    Arroyo
    Wood
    Volquez

?
    If Ubaldo was a Reds player; would you trade him? Would our brass? He's untouchable.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Tulowitzki is a great target. However, per Cot's, he can void his entire contract if traded. If he did that, he'd have 2 years till free agency. Now, maybe he's still a worthy target, I don't know. But when the Reds load up Alonso and whoever else in a deal -- and it's likely to happen -- I want them bringing back a difference maker who they have a chance to keep around.

But, wow, would love to see Tulo in Cincy.

The Rockies aren't trading Tulowitzki.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

Resident PED Expert

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    Tulowitzki is a great target. However, per Cot's, he can void his entire contract if traded. If he did that, he'd have 2 years till free agency. Now, maybe he's still a worthy target, I don't know. But when the Reds load up Alonso and whoever else in a deal -- and it's likely to happen -- I want them bringing back a difference maker who they have a chance to keep around.

But, wow, would love to see Tulo in Cincy.
    I'd still deal all 3 if all they got was 2 years of him. Cincinnati has a long and great history of SS's. This is a young energetic team that a still 25 yr old Tulowitzki would fit right in with. Playing along side Votto, man would that be a great 2 hitter or what? His OBP is .384... :shutter:

No doubt this team is set up for a 2 or 3 year run, adding him would lessen the need for a top flight LFer and allow them to live with Heisey, Frazier or Sappelt out there.

Resident PED Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    They might for the right package. Team needs a overhaul in some key area's. It might take some pitching to get him as well. He is one guy I'd overpay extremely for.

Yeah, I'd be very surprised if they were willing to.

I dunno. As others have said, Tulo isn't likely to be traded. I'd argue that he's as valuable as Votto--and perhaps even more, considering the position he plays.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

That may be, but if they want an Alonso, then they have to be open to trading Tulo.

A package built around Alonso/Cozart and, say, Leake? That would not be something that could be automatically turned down without a second look in Colorado. Or, if it were quickly turned down, you wish them well and look at different suitors for Alonso.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    That may be, but if they want an Alonso, then they have to be open to trading Tulo.

A package built around Alonso/Cozart and, say, Leake? That would not be something that could be automatically turned down without a second look in Colorado. Or, if it were quickly turned down, you wish them well and look at different suitors for Alonso.
    There's no way I'd do that deal. Way too much. Way, way too much.

If they want Alonso, you let them overpay. Don't be the one to buckle because they have a need and you have a want.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Tulo and Ubaldo aren't being traded. Would the Reds trade Votto?

I get the interest in Alonso but lets be realistic here. No team in their right mind is going to trade a top 3 SS or a top 5 pitcher for a minor league 1b who is currently blocked in his position.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Tulo and Ubaldo aren't being traded. Would the Reds trade Votto?

I get the interest in Alonso but lets be realistic here. No team in their right mind is going to trade a top 3 SS or a top 5 pitcher for a minor league 1b who is currently blocked in his position.
    Who are you responding to? Not one person has suggested trading Alonso straight up for Tulo.

Every person has suggested varying packages that include Alonso as a piece to try and get Tulo.

Turn Off Ads?