Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: West Coast Swing...........

Re: West Coast Swing...........

I'm not sweating this trip all that much.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Cincinnati has historically struggled against both Frisco and LA and both have solid teams, big parks, and very good pitching.

If they have a winning record, I'd think that's pretty successful. I'd probably take 4-5 cosidering past performances.
    "You can learn little from victory. You can learn everything from defeat."
    -- Christy Matthewson
    "Show me a good loser and I'll show you an idiot."
    -- Leo Durocher

If they go 6-3 print up the play off tickets already.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    Cincinnati has historically struggled against both Frisco and LA and both have solid teams, big parks, and very good pitching.
    We don't seem to have your tickets Mr. Gomes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    We don't seem to have your tickets Mr. Gomes.
    What's frisco?

I would consider 5-4 a huge success given the Reds struggles on the west coast, anything above that would be a huge bonus. 4-5 wouldn't kill the Reds but anything below that would have to be deemed a disappointment and would put a damper on the Reds playoff hopes.
    Last edited by OnBaseMachine; 08-15-2010 at 10:09 PM.
    I miss Adam Dunn.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    What's frisco?
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Town near Dallas. I drove through there last month.

Quote Originally Posted by OnBaseMachine View Post
    I would consider 5-4 a huge success, anything above that would be a huge bonus. Anything below 4-5 would obviously be a major disappointment and would put the Reds in a tough spot.
    So a 4-5 record is the only middle ground between a huge success and a major disappointment?

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    Boy howdy.

The West Coast swing has been disastrous for the Reds so many times.
    Believe you & I made the same observation a couple weeks ago.

Reds never play well out west.

Never.

The 2 game swing in standings couldn't have come at a better time....the Reds can weather a subpar trip, and can really make some hay with a prosperous one.

Just connected my travel dots....I'm flying into LA for biz next Sunday night. I am now changing it to Sunday morning to catch the finale of the Rojos/Doyers. I'm pumped.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

I'd happily take a 5-4 road trip record and anything better than that would be awesome. I'm not sweating this trip as much as years past but it does make me a little nervous. I think it's good that it starts in Arizona (I think they get 2/3 there) because they can gradually ease into it if that makes any sense. A 4-5 road trip isn't a disaster but I hope the guys are shooting to have a winning road trip. I'm sure they've heard all about how they're not expected to do well on the west coast and hopefully it gives them some extra motivation to do well.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

5-4 IMO is what i would consider a good trip. the hudson kid pitching on tue has pitched well since they got him. we need that game to get us off on the right foot. i think we will win 2 of 3 from dbacks and dodgers than lose 2 of 3 against the giants. anything else would be a bonus for sure.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Heard them say in the telecast today we haven't won in LA since Brandon Claussen beat the Dodgers in 2005. However.. until this year, the Reds had also not beaten Roy Oswalt (with him getting the loss) since Brandon Claussen did so in 2006.. time to turn these tides

Quote Originally Posted by Tornon View Post
    Heard them say in the telecast today we haven't won in LA since Brandon Claussen beat the Dodgers in 2005. However.. until this year, the Reds had also not beaten Roy Oswalt (with him getting the loss) since Brandon Claussen did so in 2006.. time to turn these tides
    i heard that as well. not sure about the pitching matchups but like our pitching this season. i'm glad we are starting the trip in arizona so maybe some success will get them going when they get on the coast.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Turn Off Ads?