Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: West Coast Swing...........

Re: West Coast Swing...........

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    If you gave me 5-4 today I'd take it in a heartbeat.

Thats 2 of 3 vs the DBacks and LA, 1 of 3 against SF.

Asking for more than that on a west coast swing is gettin greedy...not that I wouldn't take it.
    I'm thrilled.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by sabometrics View Post
    I have a hunch the bats are going to break out big-time in the higher-altitude HR-friendly Chase Field, leading to a sweep of the D-Backs. That, combined with one 2-1 series and one 1-2 series (take your pick as to which will be which), and they'll get by at 6-3.
    I'll pay for the ticket and split the winnings with you if you give me the winning lotto numbers.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

What a series...went to all 3 games...balls flying every which damn way...glad to be out of SF with at least a win! Sick of Giants fans by now, for sure. My goodness.
    2015 Rotation: Under Construction

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RedLegSuperStar View Post
    I would say we go 6-3
    I felt real good about this about the 4th inning today.. Then my heart sank. Thank god we draft Joesph Freaking Votto!

Awesome trip by the Reds. The series in San Francisco was a mess but the all in all, the west coast trip was a huge success. The Reds were one game up on the Cardinals when they started the trip and return home with a 3 1/2 game lead with 35 games remaining.

I'm so glad I wasn't home when the Reds blew that huge lead. I would probably have a few holes in my wall right now. What is up with this team and big leads? I have never seen anything like this. They've already lost two games this season in which they carried a six run lead into the 9th inning, and then today they blew a 10-1 lead in the 5th inning. Thankfully they were able to pull this one out. The've also turned a few other blowouts into interesting games, like the one in Chicago a few weeks ago, and the one is Arizona last week. I never feel comfortable with a lead.

"So Fla Red"

Think about this...

If you were told this trip would include;

4 Hideous Starts (2 by Volquez, Cueto and Wood)

2 Bad starts (Wood vs Az, Bailey's outing today)

3 Good starts (Arroyo twice and Bailey)

I would have bet on a 2-7 or 3-6 trip and a season teetering on the edge.

Instead they somehow manage to go 6-3, pick up 2.5 games on the Cardinals.

They won all three well pitched games, both "bad" games and 1 of the hideous efforts - Volquez in Az.

Off day couldn't come at a better time.

Formerly Farsighted Fan sabometrics's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post
    I'll pay for the ticket and split the winnings with you if you give me the winning lotto numbers.

SF wasn't pretty but big picture wise this team passed a huge test. We can worry all we want about the shortcomings this squad has, but they all have them, and we're still in good shape. Now lets beat up on the Cubs and Brewers and head into St. Louis looking for the knock out blow to their playoff chances!

I'll get back to you on the lotto ticket next year. Right now I want to burn all my luck on something else.
    "He looked like a surfer kid from SoCal," manager Dusty Baker says. "He didn't say much, but you could tell he was cool."

Turn Off Ads?