Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Mark Prior attempting comeback (again) as a relief pitcher

Mark Prior attempting comeback (again) as a relief pitcher

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/aug...prior-20100807

Former Chicago Cubs ace Mark Prior has heard the stories from players who gave up too soon and wished they had one final shot at returning to the major leagues.

He didn't want that to be his story.

On Tuesday, Prior, 29, pitched a scoreless inning in relief for the Orange County Flyers of the independent Golden Baseball League. Goodwin Field in Fullerton is a long way from the hallowed confines of Wrigley Field.

"It's not the problem of reinventing myself," Prior said Friday after practice. "I never got over the first hump."
    Prior pitched 2 more scoreless innings since this article and struck out 5 batters in a row in one game. If he can maintain his health throwing limited innings out of the pen, would he be a good option for the Reds bullpen?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Mark Prior attempting comeback (again) as a relief pitcher

I'd like to see him have some extended success against AAA competition before thinking about a role in the majors. The Golden League isn't exactly tough competition.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

What was it? Last year; year before that that Dusty was trying to get either Wood or Prior or both to Cincinnati? Prior won't come here in my opinion because it isn't the West Coast and to be honest isn't even close. If we can give Isringhausen a shot and Springer a shot.. I'm ok with it. But know he is damaged goods.

I know that Prior grew up as a Cardinals fan, maybe we could sell him on Cincinnati being St. Louis east.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

Quote Originally Posted by RedLegSuperStar View Post
    What was it? Last year; year before that that Dusty was trying to get either Wood or Prior or both to Cincinnati? Prior won't come here in my opinion because it isn't the West Coast and to be honest isn't even close. If we can give Isringhausen a shot and Springer a shot.. I'm ok with it. But know he is damaged goods.
    I think Prior would go anywhere if he had a shot at a major league job. Pittsburgh, Cincinnati, Kansas City it doesn't matter because a big league job anywhere is better than pitching in independent ball even if it's in his back yard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?