Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paul Janish for SS v.DonthurrybackCabrera

Paul Janish for SS v.DonthurrybackCabrera

I really really hope Paul gets a chance to see more playing time once Cabrera comes back. There is really no doubt in my mind hes the better defensive player, and I'm really starting to question if its really even close offensively. I know Cabrera is having a bad year, and if Cabrera was having a more typical one I might not care as much.

In his short sample size Paul Janish has hit since Cabrera went on the DL
    .282/.349/.385. Its a small sample size for sure but I can put a little stock in it for reasons that basically its a pretty straight forward line to go with his pretty straight forward stat totals

44 PA
    9 singles
    1 double
    1 home run
    2 strike outs
    4BB and 1 IBB
    .279 BABIP

In all honesty they are pretty normal stats for what Paul Janish should hit. I did a post the other day that showed how Janish could possibly hit if he cut back his infield pop ups and turned a couple of those into hits. Of course hes still doing it a little but over all he has put good wood on the bat.

I think his average probably settles in around .250 and his OBP around .330 but even still hes going to be such a better option at SS that I really really dont want Cabrera back, and its not just a feeling any more. I think Janish has some what proved it this year even with the small sample size.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    '19 '40 '75 '76 '90

Re: Paul Janish for SS v.DonthurrybackCabrera

Do we make him BB the rest of the year then?

Quote Originally Posted by Reds View Post
    Do we make him BB the rest of the year then?
    Yes. He might be the most over qualified bat boy in the league, but I think it's the right job for him. Janish is a better all around SS.
    Votto for MVP

Ill tell ya what, that was a VERY neat thing for oCab to do, being the BB for the day. For as much crap as he gets on here, he has an outstandingly positive attitude.

Furthermore, I think his defensive skills (or lack thereof), while not as good as Janish's, are sorely underestimated by us on RedsZone, as well as the media. Janish is most certainly the better defender, and the offensive numbers are a wash, IMO. With that being said, I am enjoying having oCab on the team, whether he's the starting SS or the BB, you can tell he's a good influence on the rest of the guys.

-Matt

I say have them split time at SS.

At the very least Janish should play when Leake, Volquez are on the mound.

It's amazing at how much Janish has improved at the plate. I guess they'll pick up Ocabs option for next year? Even though i don't think they should
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mattfeet View Post
    Ill tell ya what, that was a VERY neat thing for oCab to do, being the BB for the day. For as much crap as he gets on here, he has an outstandingly positive attitude.

Furthermore, I think his defensive skills (or lack thereof), while not as good as Janish's, are sorely underestimated by us on RedsZone, as well as the media. Janish is most certainly the better defender, and the offensive numbers are a wash, IMO. With that being said, I am enjoying having oCab on the team, whether he's the starting SS or the BB, you can tell he's a good influence on the rest of the guys.

-Matt
    I give OCab alot of crap, but I thought that was really cool, him being BB and all.

I like Janish's skill set a lot, but I wonder what his long term potential is.

OP way off on this one

Quote Originally Posted by Dale4Saul2Red0 View Post
    OP way off on this one
    A very strong rebuttal.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    A very strong rebuttal.
    Your post wasn't worthy of a rebuttal. You are grasping at strings to try and prove your point.

Janish is a great backup,and who knows how he would do in the long term?I like OC better though.I don't know why it seems OC has turn into the Sundeck whipping boy.

Honestly I think that the 2 guys are about a wash, although I would still want Ocab in there if I had to chose.

takealeake

Quote Originally Posted by Dale4Saul2Red0 View Post
    Your post wasn't worthy of a rebuttal. You are grasping at strings to try and prove your point.
    He gave you statistics to back up his point. I wouldn't call that strings. Personally I think Janish is better, but Cabrera probably provides that veteran leadership that makes others around him better.

Turn Off Ads?