Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Next 18 games w/ pitching matchup...

Next 18 games w/ pitching matchup...

I figured I'd go through the rotations and see what the pitching matchups should look like during the next 18 games..I have Wood coming back Thursday against the D-backs and Cueto going on Saturday against the Dodgers.. Of course, barring injuries and/or sending pitchers down this is what it looks like..

17- Dbacks. Arroyo vs Hudson
    18- Dbacks. Volquez vs Lopez
    19- Dbacks. Leake vs Saunders
    20- LADodg. Wood vs Padilla
    21- LADodg. Cueto vs Billingsley
    22- LADodg. Arroyo vs Kershaw
    23- Sanfran. Volquez vs Cain
    24- Sanfran. Leake vs Sanchez
    25- Sanfran. Wood vs Bumgarner
    27- Chicago. Cueto vs Gorzelanny
    28- Chicago. Arroyo vs Wells
    29- Chicago. Volquez vs Coleman
    30- Brewers. Leake vs Narveson
    31- Brewers. Wood vs Parra
    1- Brewers. Cueto vs Bush
    3- Cardinals Arroyo vs Garcia
    4- Cardinals Volquez vs Wainwright
    5- Cardinals Wood vs Carpenter (off day I'd let Wood go instead of Leake)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Next 18 games w/ pitching matchup...

Quote Originally Posted by jesusfan View Post
    I figured I'd go through the rotations and see what the pitching matchups should look like during the next 18 games..I have Wood coming back Thursday against the D-backs and Cueto going on Saturday against the Dodgers.. Of course, barring injuries and/or sending pitchers down this is what it looks like..
    Did I just miss something big? What happened to Homer?
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Awfully hard to do this with any kind of accuracy when you have Homer coming back and giving a strong start in a big game, Harang on a rehab, Wood in the minors and Leake in the majors on innings watches...
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    That's the $64,000 question right now -- you've got a 5 man rotation with 6 guys all throwing the ball extremely well.

I'm guessing Leake gets shut down here shortly -- or, in the alternative, sent down to AAA to operate with a caddy the way Wood did this week to keep him on regular throwing schedule for a possible re-call in September.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

I pretty much trust our ENTIRE rotation right now, so I won't even look at our guys. As far as our opponents...

I like our chances in all 3 vs. AZ, with the first being a possible loss (Hudson=good, first game off plane isn't great)

vs. LA, I like our chances of winning for the first time in 5 years at Chavez Ravine right off the bat vs. Padilla, Billingsley and Kershaw are tough.

vs. SF, all 3 are going to be quite difficult

vs. CHI and MIL are 6 pretty easy tests, although IIRC, Gorzelanny tends to give us fits, but we've owned the Cubbies this year

And of course vs. STL, who knows. Maybe we'll return the sweep But its their big 3, but from now on when these two teams face each other, all bets are off.
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Greatness In The Making RedLegSuperStar's Avatar

Wood will start when he is recalled.. Which will be Thursday vs. DBacks. Homer has to be figured into the mix. Leake will see less and less action down the stretch.
    Last edited by RedLegSuperStar; 08-16-2010 at 05:55 PM.

After all the issues last week, I'm really hoping that Cueto's turn doesn't fall during the St. Louis trip. I don't know if he'd be able to handle it......or perhaps he'd thrive on it?

Ahhhh, I was hoping we'd miss Cain. Dagburnit.
    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum... and I'm all out of bubble gum."
    - - Rowdy Roddy Piper

"It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. I am not a big man"
    - - Fletch

I would put Homer in the rotation for Leake as of now. So we have BA-EV-TW-HB-JC. Personally, I'd prefer to never again see Harang in a Reds uniform again, especially not in the rotation. But I understand many feel quite differently.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

I'm with ya. And with the Padres trying to find ways to limit Latos' innings, a Harang to San Diego trade makes too much sense. Hometown, big park, etc.

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by OesterPoster View Post
    I'm with ya. And with the Padres trying to find ways to limit Latos' innings, a Harang to San Diego trade makes too much sense. Hometown, big park, etc.
    I wouldn't want to help possibly improve any team the Reds could see in the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    I wouldn't want to help possibly improve any team the Reds could see in the playoffs
    Which is why it makes sense
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Senor Votto

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Which is why it makes sense
    More times than not ex-Reds kill the Reds

At this point, I think it's pointless to trade Harang.
    IIRC, he had a rough rehab start in Louisville.

Sure, we might be able to trade Harang, if we ate all his salary + buyout, and if we accepted a worthless prospect in return.. but what's the point?

Why not just ride out the year, let Harang be emergency depth. Why give him to an opponent for essentially nothing in return.. Who knows, we might have an injury in the rotation and might need Harang to fill in a couple of starts.
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    I was just basing it on the fact that Wood is coming back and were not going to have a 6 man rotation.. I'd love to have Bailey in there instead of Leake at this point to be honest, but my prediction is Homer will be in the pen until Leake falters, which may or may not happen again..

In any event, I trust all of our starters so it's more about who we are facing.. I'd also point out that I'd love to keep the righty outfield of Gomes, Stubbs, Heisey going against lefties and Nix, Edmonds, Bruce going against righties. I know some will argue that you cant' do that because you'll have 0 consistency. Well... We havent had a consistent outfield offense all year, so this gives us the best chance of winning..

Turn Off Ads?