Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Two Cincinnati media members booted from Broncos locker room (Tebow autograph)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Two Cincinnati media members booted from Broncos locker room (Tebow autograph)

Media members ask Tim Tebow for autograph
    Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 16, 2010 9:46 AM ET

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...for-autograph/

Re: Two Cincinnati media members booted from Broncos locker room (Tebow autograph)

Why bother? He's gonna flame out, and it will be worthless in a few years.

Re: Two Cincinnati media members booted from Broncos locker room (Tebow autograph)

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981 View Post
    Why bother? He's gonna flame out, and it will be worthless in a few years.
    I agree. If he doesn't flame out, somebody is going to lay a vicious hit on him and end his career.

I have no axe to grind, but his style of play is going to open him up to injury. That and he is borderline average to above average to begin with.

If only Taylor Windham played for the Bengals.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I agree. If he doesn't flame out, somebody is going to lay a vicious hit on him and end his career.

I have no axe to grind, but his style of play is going to open him up to injury. That and he is borderline average to above average to begin with.

If you think he's going to play the same style in the NFL that he played at UF you're crazy.

McDaniels is no dummy. He'll do everything within his power to put Tim in situations where he can succeed.

So you want the Bengals to be in the midst of being blown off the field, Tebow to take a hit, and for him to come back and have a great year without missing any games?

Okie dokie.

Honestly though, you cheered on this here board when he got hurt and now hoping for it to happen again, sounds like an ax grinding session to me.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    If you think he's going to play the same style in the NFL that he played at UF you're crazy.

McDaniels is no dummy. He'll do everything within his power to put Tim in situations where he can succeed.
    Given the track record of Belichick assistants (Romeo and Mangini to boot), i'll reserve judgment on McDaniels.

Throwing motions, I will give you that. Tebow is a bullrushing spread QB who can hit like a linebacker playing QB. He has been lucky in college, but I don't see it translating over to the pro's.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    So you want the Bengals to be in the midst of being blown off the field, Tebow to take a hit, and for him to come back and have a great year without missing any games?

Okie dokie.

Honestly though, you cheered on this here board when he got hurt and now hoping for it to happen again, sounds like an ax grinding session to me.
    I said it was a moral victory for UK. And like you said, Tebow didn't miss a game because of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Given the track record of Belichick assistants (Romeo and Mangini to boot), i'll reserve judgment on McDaniels.

Throwing motions, I will give you that. Tebow is a bullrushing spread QB who can hit like a linebacker playing QB. He has been lucky in college, but I don't see it translating over to the pro's.
    McDaniels has made a lot of moves that made you scratch you head. He aggravated Cutler right away when he got the job and traded him for Kyle Orton. He traded away one of the best WR's in the game in his second off season. His team faded mightily down the stretch last season. IMO McDaniels has done what every other Belichick assistant has done, they came in, ruffled the feathers, got rid of players they didn't like, and their football teams were not successful. It works for Belichick because he has a track record. The track record of his assistants has been abysmal.

As for Tebow its nice and all that he scored, but he will learn real quick you don't do that on the last play of a preseasn game. The object is to get ready and come out with minimal injuries. Tebow also has to learn that if he wants to be a QB in the NFL he can't take hits like he did from Hebert.

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981 View Post
    Why bother? He's gonna flame out
    Maybe, but his place in sports history is pretty secure without ever playing an NFL down.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Maybe, but his place in sports history is pretty secure without ever playing an NFL down.
    True.

Kinda like a Christian Lattener or Tyler Hansborough.

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting

why is it when it comes to autographs money is the first thing that comes to mind? the dudes probably are a fan of his, and wanted his autograph big deal, if that constitutes throwing someone out that is just stupid
    Hey Sparky! Indian Hill English teachers taught me everything I know!

Charlie Brown All-Star IslandRed's Avatar

This is an extension of the old saying about "no cheering in the press box." If a guy has a media credential, he's supposed to be doing his job when he's in the locker room, and being a fanboy isn't part of the job description.

Not saying that media members never get autographs for their kids or anything, but there's a time and a place.
    Reading comprehension is not just an ability, it's a choice

Probably was Ken Broo

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    Probably was Ken Broo
    So you think the former radio PBP guy for the Bengals would be stupid and unprofessional enough to ask for a rookie's autograph?
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    So you think the former radio PBP guy for the Bengals would be stupid and unprofessional enough to ask for a rookie's autograph?
    No I'm just messing around. I think its pretty obvious Ken Broo wouldnt do that considering the times I've heard him on the Tebow topic.

Very unprofessional. They deserved to be booted, IMHO.

You know as a media member you are not supposed to do that.

(On a side note, I question why they would want Tebow's autograph. Most seriously overhyped and overrated professional athlete ever)
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Turn Off Ads?