Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Two Cincinnati media members booted from Broncos locker room (Tebow autograph)

Re: Two Cincinnati media members booted from Broncos locker room (Tebow autograph)

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Maybe, but his place in sports history is pretty secure without ever playing an NFL down.
    True.

Kinda like a Christian Lattener or Tyler Hansborough.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Two Cincinnati media members booted from Broncos locker room (Tebow autograph)

I seriously wonder who it was rofl.

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    I seriously wonder who it was rofl.
    I have a feeling that Chick Ludwig is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    If you think he's going to play the same style in the NFL that he played at UF you're crazy.

McDaniels is no dummy. He'll do everything within his power to put Tim in situations where he can succeed.
    Given the track record of Belichick assistants (Romeo and Mangini to boot), i'll reserve judgment on McDaniels.

Throwing motions, I will give you that. Tebow is a bullrushing spread QB who can hit like a linebacker playing QB. He has been lucky in college, but I don't see it translating over to the pro's.

Quote Originally Posted by KronoRed View Post
    So you want the Bengals to be in the midst of being blown off the field, Tebow to take a hit, and for him to come back and have a great year without missing any games?

Okie dokie.

Honestly though, you cheered on this here board when he got hurt and now hoping for it to happen again, sounds like an ax grinding session to me.
    I said it was a moral victory for UK. And like you said, Tebow didn't miss a game because of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Those media personnel knew better. That was unethical from a reporter's standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Given the track record of Belichick assistants (Romeo and Mangini to boot), i'll reserve judgment on McDaniels.

Throwing motions, I will give you that. Tebow is a bullrushing spread QB who can hit like a linebacker playing QB. He has been lucky in college, but I don't see it translating over to the pro's.
    McDaniels has made a lot of moves that made you scratch you head. He aggravated Cutler right away when he got the job and traded him for Kyle Orton. He traded away one of the best WR's in the game in his second off season. His team faded mightily down the stretch last season. IMO McDaniels has done what every other Belichick assistant has done, they came in, ruffled the feathers, got rid of players they didn't like, and their football teams were not successful. It works for Belichick because he has a track record. The track record of his assistants has been abysmal.

As for Tebow its nice and all that he scored, but he will learn real quick you don't do that on the last play of a preseasn game. The object is to get ready and come out with minimal injuries. Tebow also has to learn that if he wants to be a QB in the NFL he can't take hits like he did from Hebert.

Lets Go 'Bird' Hunting

I take back what I said, Apparently on the Press Pass it tells you straight out no auto graphs. so yea, sorry
    Hey Sparky! Indian Hill English teachers taught me everything I know!

Bad week for sports media as it relates to press conferences.

Apparently, an Arkansas reporter was fired for wearing a Florida hat to a Razorback press conference, as referenced a few threads below this.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Asking Tebow for an autograph in any case is bad taste, journalist or not.

I find it amazing that media guys have no problem eating other people alive but no names have come from this? Typical I guess.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    I find it amazing that media guys have no problem eating other people alive but no names have come from this? Typical I guess.
    From what I've heard, the two people who asked were both credentialed but not regulars on the beat -- I don't think anyone recognized them. It does seems a bit strange, though. My understanding was that you have to show a media ID now to use a credential to an NFL game (as opposed to back 15-20 years ago, where you could just show the paper credential and get in no questions asked), so I assume the Bengals would have a fairly good idea who the culprit was.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Turn Off Ads?