Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is your most memorable walkoff win during the 90s?

What is your most memorable walkoff win during the 90s?

I figured we could have alittle fun. what is your most memorable walkoff win during the 90s. mine had to be the willie greene grandslam against the cardinals with 2 outs, we were down like 12-9 with 2 outs and he belts it down the right field foul pole for the game winner. that place went crazy.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: since we have a off day today..

Pokey Reese homer in 1999 to beat the Cardinals and put the Reds in first

Hard to beat that.

Mine isn't in the 90's but in 2003. I lived quite far from Cinci so it was always a treat to make it there to see a game.

Anyway, I was at a game between the Reds and Brewers and it went into extras. Bottom of the 10th and we were down one run. Larkin gets on base and Jose Guillen follows with a huge walk off shot out to center I think. GABP went crazy. Really fond memory. It was extra special for me because at that time I was a big fan of Guillen. He had recently spent some time playing for AAA Durham (where I lived) and I enjoyed watching him throw guys out regularly.

Ahh, the young Jose Guillen before his personality disorder started to get the best of him!

Quote Originally Posted by arkimadee View Post
    Pokey Reese homer in 1999 to beat the Cardinals and put the Reds in first
    wasn't that game in extra innings? I believe it was a businessday special game too.

Any vids?

Chris Stynes in the 12th inning, 1999. Once they announced that Stynes was pinch hitting my Dad said "Why would they put Stynes in here? He hasn't done anything lately." He then proceeded to walk off.
    Votto for MVP

Stat geek...and proud

Re: What is your most memorable walkoff win during the 90s?

http://www.baseball-reference.com/bo...99605070.shtml

Reds down by 1 going into the bottom of the 12th. Eric Anthony and Eric Davis go back to back to win the game. Marty almost had a stroke.

Joe Oliver singles off Dennis Eckersley to drive in Billy Bates to win Game Two of the 1990 World Series. YES!

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Joe Oliver singles off Dennis Eckersley to drive in Billy Bates to win Game Two of the 1990 World Series. YES!
    Hard to argue with that one!!

I wish I could remember more of the details, but I was at a game when Kearns hit a walk off HR. I think it's the only one I've seen in person and the thing that makes it so cool was that the Reds were down a run going into the 9th and the friend I was with said going into the bottom of the inning that the leadoff guy was going to get a hit and Kearns was going to hit one out. Sure enough.....
    Sto Pro Veritate

April 16th 1999, Reds vs Pirates. (I think that is the date)

It was the first game of the year I had been able to make it to, and it was my wife's first game ever. She grew up in Germany and didn't really know anything about baseball. Throughout the whole game I could tell she was pretty miserable, it was cold and sprinkling rain off and on all night. But in the bottom of the 9th with bases loaded and the Reds down by 1, Hal Morris came up to the plate. The stadium was rocking for only having 20K there, and Hal delivered with a two rbi double to win the game. Just that few minutes of excitement were enough to hook my wife on baseball. Because of that game I have been able to spend many a game at the ballpark with the family just soaking it up.
    Last edited by Caveman Techie; 08-18-2010 at 08:55 AM.
    "I have noticed even people who claim everything is predestined, and that we can do nothing to change it, look before they cross the road." Stephen Hawking

always ask questions bigredmechanism's Avatar

Anyone remember Eddie Taubensee hitting a homer off the Braves in the 10th inning? Me and my dad were going BONKERS as it happened. Right before it, my pops is saying "Aww this taubensee guy is crap he can't do anything." The second he hits it, he's all "Eddie Taubensee! I told you that guy is good! I told you!"

Good times.

Quote Originally Posted by rolenmvp View Post
    wasn't that game in extra innings? I believe it was a businessday special game too.
    i believe it was on a sunday

Racing Cheetahs

I second this

Quote Originally Posted by bigredmechanism View Post
    Anyone remember Eddie Taubensee hitting a homer off the Braves in the 10th inning? Me and my dad were going BONKERS as it happened. Right before it, my pops is saying "Aww this taubensee guy is crap he can't do anything." The second he hits it, he's all "Eddie Taubensee! I told you that guy is good! I told you!"

Good times.
    Not sure if this is the game you mean because it wasn't technically a walkoff, but I went to a Reds/Braves game in 95 where the Reds were down 8-4 in the bottom of the 8th with 2 outs and got a 3-run PH homer by Eric Anthony and then got a guy on and Eddie Taubensee followed it up with a PH 2-run homer.

As a side note, some or all (can't remember) of those runs came off Mark Wholers during his best season.

That be the one!

ARRRGHHH!

Turn Off Ads?