Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If you're Walt Jocketty in the offseason..

If you're Walt Jocketty in the offseason..

what player do you go after to improve this ballclub? I believe we will have alittle money to spend this offseason so who would you prefer?

I would go after cliff lee and a big time bat. any thoughts?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: if your walt jocketty in the offseason..

I would go after a legit lead off hitter. ie. Mccutchen of the Pirates or Gardner of the Yankees. I want to see BP hitting second. Another big bat would be great also.

IMO, I am fine with our lot of starting pitching.

We arent gonna have as much money to spend as you think...

Lots of guys are gonna get some big raises such as Votto and stuff.

Are avatars a perk?

There aren't a whole lot of free agents available to fill positional needs. Of those that are available, Carl Crawford might be a good fit. He hits pretty well and would bring some speed and better defensive play to leftfield. The only thing is that he already makes $10 million, so I'm sure he's going to want a raise.

As far as pitching, I think we're set but Brandon Webb would be an interesting option if they could get him at a discount. He's also a Kentucky guy and I believe he grew up as a Reds fan so it might be possible.

But like Votto4MVP said, nobody knows how much money they'll have left over after they go to arbitration with some of our guys.

Wonder what the Cliff Lee market's going to look like at the Winter Meetings?

I really doubt we would get Andrew McCutchen.

I know the Pirates have a reputation for getting rid of players as they hit their prime, but he's really a centerpiece of the (latest) rebuilding effort there in Pitt.

What about Johnny Damon? He's getting up there in age, but still gets on base, and would love hitting in this ballpark.

Is Angel Pagan going to be availible in the off season? I think he would be a great fit, and can play anywhere in the outfield, as well as leadoff.

I'd stay put with the starting pitching and starting 8.

I'd go after a veteran 8th inning guy. No names come to mind. How much longer can Rhodes go? Cordero seems to be losing it already.

give me no Harang and no Bronson, then bring in Cliff Lee and Carl Crawford, sign joey to LTC and lets win the Central for the next 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by lidspinner View Post
    bring in Cliff Lee and Carl Crawford, sign joey to LTC and lets win the Central for the next 5 years.
    That would be cool.

give me no Harang and no Bronson, then bring in Cliff Lee and Carl Crawford, sign joey to LTC and lets win the Central for the next 5 years.
    You really don't want Arroyo? I hops we sign him with an option for 2012. He's consistent and eats up the innings
    Cincinnati Reds
    Marshall Thundering Herd

Kentucky Wildcats
    Indianapolis Colts

Washington Wizards

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981 View Post
    I really doubt we would get Andrew McCutchen.

I know the Pirates have a reputation for getting rid of players as they hit their prime, but he's really a centerpiece of the (latest) rebuilding effort there in Pitt.

What about Johnny Damon? He's getting up there in age, but still gets on base, and would love hitting in this ballpark.
    I'd take McCutchen.

Damon would work too.

With those 2 players we'd be in really good shape! I like Arroyo but he'll probably be looking for another 10 million a year for and at least a 2 year deal. Thanks but no thanks. We can't afford to sign him plus Lee and Crawford. There is sure to be a bidding war for Lee's services. It helps that we're a contending team. I think we have a good shot of being able to sign him.

lets be real pple the reds arent getting cliff lee or carl crawford. when is honestly the last time the reds were able to sign a marquee FA? i see yonder alonso being the new piece that comes to the team next year and they may sign a guy w/ some potential to be very good or use some of their pieces to make trade.

Do you think the Reds need to address the 3rd base situation? Rolen is playing well right now but he isn't getting any younger.

Turn Off Ads?