You be the GM. What do you with Mr. Bailey down the stretch.
Keep in mind the following facts:
1. Homer Bailey is out of options -- so it has to be the pen or the rotation unless you intend on just cutting him.
2. Bailey was 4-1 with a 2.08 ERA in September of 2009 (albeit against some non-stellar competition).
3. Anyone sent to the minors (to possibly make room for Bailey in the rotation) would have to be on the active roster of 8/31 to be eligible for post-season play (unless they're on the DL at that time).
4. The team is currently without a long-man in the bullpen, but also hasn't found itself in many situations where a long-man would be needed.
5. Bailey has never pitched out of the bullpen with any regularity.