Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Monday August 16th Minor League updates

Monday August 16th Minor League updates

Dayton is tied up 4-4 in the 3rd thanks to LaMarre's 4th HR (3 run shot)...
    Johnson got the start and is struggling.

Carolina is up 2-0 in the 4th. Cochran on the hill. Negron 2-2.

Lynchburg down 1-0 in the 4th. No hits or walks yet. Partch 5 K in 3 IP.

DSL Reds won again 5-4. Bueno, a 17yr old switch hitting SS, now OPSing .758....
    If you can't be a good example... then you'll just have to be a horrible warning...

Nothing tastes as good as being fit feels...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Monday August 16th Minor League updates

LaMarre's been solid since he's signed. His obp is extremely high and his power should show up big-time next season, as his wrist should be much stronger next season. I'm hoping he can play a legitimate CF, as his scouting report suggests.

Could be a serious sleeper in AA next season ready for the bigs by 2012. With Sappelt, Heisey, Stubbs, and Yorman, CF could be the deepest spot in the Cincinnati pipeline.
    "You can learn little from victory. You can learn everything from defeat."
    -- Christy Matthewson
    "Show me a good loser and I'll show you an idiot."
    -- Leo Durocher

Carolina is up 3-0 after 5.

Cochran is pitching very well.

Code:
    Player	        IP	H	R	ER	BB	SO	HR	ERA
    Cochran 	5.0	2	0	0	1	3	0	2.82
    Last edited by GOYA; 08-16-2010 at 10:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post
    LaMarre's been solid since he's signed. His obp is extremely high and his power should show up big-time next season, as his wrist should be much stronger next season. I'm hoping he can play a legitimate CF, as his scouting report suggests.

Could be a serious sleeper in AA next season ready for the bigs by 2012. With Sappelt, Heisey, Stubbs, and Yorman, CF could be the deepest spot in the Cincinnati pipeline.
    Don't disagree with any of this . . . but I do recall the board thinking much the same way about Fellhauer around this time last year. That said, LaMarre seems to have more speed and pop than Fellhauer, and his best asset is supposed to be his makeup.

Not out of character, Sean Henry (two hits so far tonight) has had perhaps the quietest .296 season in the organization.

Yorman's back in the lineup tonight for Billings. The Mustangs scored 5 runs in the first--on 3 singles and no walks.

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

This organization is so deep right now a guy like Henry's future here is nothing but as a journeyman/roster filler.

Duran jacks homer #6. The strikeouts are still a little excessive, but he's been on fire recently. I can't wait to see where these 17-18 year old kids are at in 2-3 years. SO much talent down there

Quote Originally Posted by Scrap Irony View Post

There's Felix Perez also.

Billings won 9-1. In addition to Duran's HR, Slidin' Billy was 3 for 4 and is now hitting .340. Yorman was 2 for 5 in his return from the DL. Daniel Tuttle walked 6 in 4.1 innings, but Patrick Doyle and Kevin Arico (down from Dayton) combined for 4.2 scoreless.
    Last edited by mace; 08-17-2010 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis View Post
    Dayton is tied up 4-4 in the 3rd thanks to LaMarre's 4th HR (3 run shot)...

DSL Reds won again 5-4. Bueno, a 17yr old switch hitting SS, now OPSing .758....
    I've heard Bueno is good.

-The Insider-

Mudcats won 3-2. Former top prospect Andrew Miller dropped to 1-8 for the Suns with a 6.01 ERA

Quote Originally Posted by JaxRed View Post
    I've heard Bueno is good.
    Yes it is.

Quote Originally Posted by mace View Post
    Yes it is.
    I tried to stop myself...... I couldn't

An impressive start tonight for Kyle Lotzkar: 4.2 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 3 BB, 8 K. His stuff must be back.

The AZL Reds lead 6-1 in the 7th. Torreyes has two hits. (Cut and pasted from last night and night before and . . . ) David Vidal has three. Robert Maddox has a HR. Waldrop is 0 for 4.

Turn Off Ads?