Re: Colin Cowherd ripped the Reds a new one

currently ripping the Reds again

2. Turn Off Ads?

Haha, he has a poll going asking if the Reds are still a fraud

4% Yes
    96% No

People who gives a fig what Colin Cowherd thinks. You are reacting how he wants you to react. It's good ratings for him. Just turn the jerk off and don't worry about what he says!

Are the Reds and the rest of the Cincy sports teams the only source of happiness for you? You sound like it if you let some blow hard sports jerk get to you!
    PROVE ME WRONG, REDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!AND THEY DID!!!!!!!!!!

I missed it today, but I can imagine what he said.

"the state of Ohio sucks, blah, blah, blah. Yankees and Lakers rule, blah, blah, blah.

I have money and am on the radio, and you are not, so your opinion is stupid and worthless, blah, blah, blah."

what has he said today? i have him on now

Again, why listen to him? Feel the need to be slapped in the face for no aparent reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Haha, he has a poll going asking if the Reds are still a fraud

4% Yes
    96% No
    hahahaha just shows how ignorant he really is

It's a show. Just like when that "Richard from Indian Hill" calls 700. It is all a show designed to get a reaction from people.
    CC does it all the time during college football season with Buckeye fans. He knows that many of them will get upset, call in, write, and rile up other fans who will listen to see what he says.

If you don't like his opinions don't give him your ratings. Nothing will make him back off from his big market bias faster than losing viewers in the non-coastal states.

And if you really like to hear baseball commentary to tv, MLB network is the best thing out there.

Doesn't Cowherd have some kind of vendetta against Cincinnati since he didn't get an on-air job at WLW? I don't remember for sure now but it seems to me it goes back a couple of years or so and maybe Jim Scott was talking about it on the air one morning.

I caught a few minutes of his rant. His basic points:

-Any team that is under the radar is a fraud, because opponents don't get up for them. Therefore their wins are basically meaningless. Only the Yankees, Red Sox, Cardinals, Phillies etc. are not fraudulent because opponents try hard to beat them. The Reds and the Rangers are frauds because opponents don't try against them.

-Joey Votto is not a great player because he wasnt voted into the all-star game by his fellow players or by the manager. (failed to mention that the manager of the all star team passed on Votto in order to put one of his own players on the roster.)

-Ohio leads the nation in fraudulent teams. Cited the Bengals, Cavs, Bearcat football and Buckeyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
    -Any team that is under the radar is a fraud, because opponents don't get up for them.

-Ohio leads the nation in fraudulent teams. Cited the Bengals, Cavs, Bearcat football and Buckeyes.
    So he's saying that the Buckeyes fly under the radar and opposing teams don't get up for them? Kind of strange, since they are the biggest game of the year for virtually every team they play.
    Sto Pro Veritate

Quote Originally Posted by Carin4Narron View Post
    Again, why listen to him? Feel the need to be slapped in the face for no aparent reason?
    We need his expert opinion and insight, as it will determine how the rest of our season will go.

if the reds had to play the AL east then yes their probably frauds and be like the bluejays over there. but the reds are not frauds in the NL central or the NL period. he can call the reds frauds all day if it means their in the WS in october.

his points on other ohio teams are kinda well taken though. i mean i dont really know anyone from ohio knowledgeable about sports and unbiased who actually thought the cavs could win a title or the bercats beating florida, or the buckeyes beating the SEC.

but the reds are on a level playing field w/ the NL so im gonna have to disagree w/ him there.

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981 View Post
    We need his expert opinion and insight, as it will determine how the rest of our season will go.
    Who says that ''we'' need his ''expert opinion and insight? I don't!

Turn Off Ads?