Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: MERGED: Colin Cowherd rips Votto, the Reds, and Paul Daughtery

Re: Colin Cowherd ripped the Reds a new one

Daughterty's response was dead on. Cowherd takes no time to research and just tries to appeal to the elitist east coast crowd. He ripped the Cavs right before the playoffs, too. No allegiance to Ohio whatsoever.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Colin needs to get back to selling Sham Wow and Slap Chop.......

The Buckeye Bomber

Colin is entertaining on occasion if you consider him to be just that: Entertainment.

He really doesn't know much about his subject matter. If his opinion of the Reds' chances has a negative impact on your mindset, that's disappointing.
    I hate the Cardinals. I hate the Cubs.
    Let's. Go. Reds.
    "Per Aspera Ad Astra"

Rojo Johnson #99

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981 View Post
    Jim Gray is an absolute punk and total weasel.
    Off topic, but when he interviewed LeBron James during "The Decision," he gave LeBron a bunch of softball questions in what was the most awkward interview I've ever seen.

Cowherd has some interesting points, but I don't see how picking at the Reds will give a huge boost to his ratings. The Reds aren't exactly a top level market. This could be one of his shticks that he'll stick to throughout the duration of the regular season.

love the reds but im here to defend colin. what in this OP is not true?

the reds do feast on bad teams in a weak division
    the reds interleague schedule was weak
    the reds do have a losing record against elite teams (i think this is an exaggeration by him b/c we can beat them if we get hot at the right time in the postseason, we just dont do it all the time)
    i doubt that votto comment is true but the players did vote adrian gonzalez over votto for allstar voting so maybe they dont think as highly of him as others do.

and of course hes gonna talk about big cities and big superstar players b/c thats those cites are his target market and those players are just more interesting to a main stream audience.

he is a bandwagoner and he doesnt deny it. he is a guy who has lived in all areas of the US so there is no reason for him to have an allegiance.

he will flip flop on opionins when new information becomes available. we as sportsfans do it all the time. reds lose 3 to the cards the seasons over then they win 4 in a row now their going to the WS. he just does the same as most sportsfans who overreact to things that go on.
    whats the big deal about changing opinions? if ur picking the bengals to win the division before the season are you gonna still stay w/ that prediction if they start off 0-4? no ur gonna flip on ur original pick.

Cow Herd continuously brags that working 100 hours per week for decades has earned him a boatload of money and gotten him a trophy wife because of it, because in his own words, "I'm too ugly to have any woman actually want to be with me without the money that comes with it."

Sounds like compensating to me. And, a nice insult to his wife.

Quote Originally Posted by webbbj View Post
    he will flip flop on opionins when new information becomes available. we as sportsfans do it all the time. reds lose 3 to the cards the seasons over then they win 4 in a row now their going to the WS. he just does the same as most sportsfans who overreact to things that go on.
    Wrong. He does the same as 8-year old sports fans act.

In reality he's putting on a show. The guy is from Las Vegas. He knows all about showmanship and blowhardiness. (I know that's not a word.) Apparently, ESPN thinks this has value. I don't understand it. I can't think of anyone who likes to listen to it, unless they just like hearing someone make stuff up and scream loudly about it. Sounds like a silly child to me.

He'd be banned from REDSZONE in 5 minutes.

Nice comments by Doc, by the way. The Sports Journalist fraternity is pretty small these days, so for Doc to say that has to mean that he can't stand the guy personally, as they have probably met several times, will meet again, and at times will have to work together to get an interview from one or the other. Doc apparently doesn't care. I like that.

When Cowherd isn't trying intentionally to be a jerk (which is exactly what he's trying to be since he's been doing this ESPN thing), he actually knows what he's talking about, usually. But, you never get to see that side of him with ESPN. It's purely a SHOW, designed to tick people off and get people to hate him. He knows he's making this stuff up all the time about his opinions on sports. I hate ESPN for turning him into this and thinking it's OK. I rarely watch ESPN since Disney bought them out several years ago. The quality of the Network has continually gone downhill ever since the purchase by Disney.

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981 View Post
    Jim Gray is an absolute punk and total weasel.
    Now, that's a reporter that I purely hate. I'll change the channel (or mute) every time he appears on the screen.

I remember 1990 well.

I expected a sweep by the REDS (we had already a 5-game World Series Winning Streak going and we had the best pitcher in baseball in Jose Rijo, the best closers in The Nasty Boys, so we only played 6 inning games, and one of the brightest Stars in Baseball in Eric Davis, who proved that by setting the tone of the Series with a 1st-inning 2-run shot off of Dave Stewart.....Series Over.).

All National Media expected an easy Series win for the A's. It made no sense as we had the better Defense and the better pitching. In four games Rijo gets to pitch twice. That only leaves 12 innings for the non-Nasty Boys to come up with some decent pitching.

With outstanding series from Billy Hatcher and Chris Sabo and Eric Davis and Paul O'Neil and Barry Larkin and great game-calling by Joe Oliver, we stomped all over them.

This team is better, but without the ACE. It's possible still for them to win it all, though, as the entire team is the most resilient team to ever put on a REDS' uniform in the last 50 years.

There's something special here.

Quote Originally Posted by sivman17 View Post
    Cowherd is worse than Skip Bayless.. He always says the complete opposite of what everyone else believes
    Yep, that's what he does, exactly. He goes to extremes in order to draw listeners or viewers. And it usually works.

Bayless doesnt always take the cheap route. I think he takes some silly stances just to be silly but he tends to bring up a point.

That Cowherd guy just insults you and tries to bring up points that you cant disprove because they are based off his opinion or him "being in the know"

I'd love to hear Marty Brenneman call up the program and just chew his ass out lol.

i hate cowherd with a passion he has such an ego and is impossible to listen to.
    i agree marty going at him would crack me up

Quote Originally Posted by likemenow View Post
    i hate cowherd with a passion he has such an ego and is impossible to listen to.
    i agree marty going at him would crack me up
    Something similar to the rant he had against Cubs fans would be perfect.

Turn Off Ads?