Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: MERGED: Colin Cowherd rips Votto, the Reds, and Paul Daughtery

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Re: Colin Cowherd ripped the Reds a new one

Quote Originally Posted by GIDP View Post
    with out the head to heads

Reds are 62-41
    Cardinals are 55-46

Cardinals should be happy they have won 10 of 15 against the Reds this year or they would be in big big trouble right now.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    The fact that an ESPN show even mentions the Cincinnati Reds (or any baseball team outside of the NY/Boston area) should be considered an enormous compliment! I stopped listening to ESPN Radio years ago when I couldn't handle any more Yankee updates. Glad to know the Reds are at least a blip on their radar!!
    There are baseball teams outside of NY/Boston? Who knew?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    The fact that an ESPN show even mentions the Cincinnati Reds (or any baseball team outside of the NY/Boston area) should be considered an enormous compliment! I stopped listening to ESPN Radio years ago when I couldn't handle any more Yankee updates. Glad to know the Reds are at least a blip on their radar!!
    Later in the show kirk herbstreet called in to defend the Reds. i guess hes a big fan. Of course the second someone called colin out on his comments he backpeddled saying he thought they were a decent team just couldnt do anything in the playoffs without a #1 pitcher. A far cry from the "fraud" comments he made earlier in the show. Colin and Herbstreet actually talked about the reds on espn airwaves for like 5 minutes. It was wierd, 5 minutes of red talk and no sox or yankees.

Quote Originally Posted by 1990REDS View Post
    Later in the show kirk herbstreet called in to defend the Reds. i guess hes a big fan. Of course the second someone called colin out on his comments he backpeddled saying he thought they were a decent team just couldnt do anything in the playoffs without a #1 pitcher. A far cry from the "fraud" comments he made earlier in the show. Colin and Herbstreet actually talked about the reds on espn airwaves for like 5 minutes. It was wierd, 5 minutes of red talk and no sox or yankees.
    Herbstreit seems to go to a lot of Reds games. I have been to 5 games this year and I saw him there 3 of those 5 times. He was in the the Diamond seats each time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
    Herbstreit seems to go to a lot of Reds games. I have been to 5 games this year and I saw him there 3 of those 5 times. He was in the the Diamond seats each time.
    I think I heard on a FoxSportsOhio broadcast that Herbstreit is a huge Reds fan and has season tickets. They've shown him in the crowd several times.

I also think he and his wife came to a game on their anniversary........or so they were saying. And they were giving props to his wife because apparently she's a huge sports/Reds fan too. So.......he musta married a good one.

I recall listening to Colin back in April when the Cards opened up like a 5 game lead in the division.. He said that you might as well right the Cards in as NL Central winners because it was over.. The Cards would never see second place again

Cowherd thinks the Orioles would be in the playoffs if they played in the NL.

I was listening to his show monday and he said he met charlie sheen and obviously sheen is a big reds fan and cowturd said he was one growing up as well. So this means cowturd was a bandwagon fan the 70 reds were one of the most exciting to watch and they were incredible turd boy saw this great team and jumped on the wagon. now that they havent been much he probably jumped ship for the yankees! the guy is a ****** bag..

part of BBN

I hear a few minutes of Cowherd most every day on my lunch at work. Ya cant let this guy bother you because while very knowledgeable on football, he doesnt know much at all about baseball. I doubt he could name you two starters on the Yankees not named Jeter or A-Rod. Better yet, I doubt if he could name you 2 starters on the TB Rays and that includes everyone.

I would consider myself a fortunate man if I could find Colin Cowherd and Jim Gray in the same room at the same time. What an Idiot. I do not value anything said by him. He is a physical moron.

Last year he was dogging streaks in baseball. He said that streaks in baseball were meaningless because they usually occur against the Pirates, Orioles and teams like the Royals. He knows as much about baseball as I know about Physics.

YouTube - Pete Rose Jim Gray interview 1999 ALL CENTURY TEAM full clip

Wrong time, wrong place, Jim.

As big a fool as Pete can be, and as guilty as he ended up being, it was completely out of line.

Redlegs_87

This is a non subject. It is Cowherds job to stir the pot on his radio show. What he said has no bearing or real meaning to anything the Reds do this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic View Post
    YouTube - Pete Rose Jim Gray interview 1999 ALL CENTURY TEAM full clip

Wrong time, wrong place, Jim.

As big a fool as Pete can be, and as guilty as he ended up being, it was completely out of line.
    Jim Gray is an absolute punk and total weasel.

Quote Originally Posted by mlh1981 View Post
    Jim Gray is an absolute punk and total weasel.
    Sorry Guys. I didn't mean to dig in to old wounds. I just don't like little dweeby inathletic guys that dog on my boys.

Turn Off Ads?