Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Colin Cowherd

Colin Cowherd

This guy really has one for the Reds. What a pompous, opinionated, punk. Would love for him to interview Joey Votto and see Votto go all "Jim Everett" on the little pansy. Just another reason why ESPN is turning into a crappy network. And I thought I didn't like Jim Rome.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Colin Cowherd

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC View Post
    This guy really has one for the Reds. What a pompous, opinionated, punk. Would love for him to interview Joey Votto and see Votto go all "Jim Everett" on the little pansy. Just another reason why ESPN is turning into a crappy network. And I thought I didn't like Jim Rome.
    What did he say? I can imagine whatever it was it was lame, he is.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

RZ Chamber of Commerce Unassisted's Avatar

He's been saying for weeks that the Reds are pretenders and due to fade. Controversy fuels talk radio listening and calling. Sounds like he's making you listen.
    Last edited by Unassisted; 08-17-2010 at 12:42 PM.
    /r/reds

Don't hold back on us, Randy. Tell us how you really feel.

She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

mlh1981 summed it up on the Sun Deck.

Listening to his radio show at the moment. Here's the basic premise behind his argument:

--we feast on bad teams in a weak division
    --we drew a laughable interleague schedule
    --we can't beat the elite teams
    --Votto's peers don't think he's great. It's just us Reds fans that do

It seems in every sport, at least twice a season fans need to be reminded of Colin Cowherd's ultimate goal: get people fired up & talking.

I've said it before... he doesn't even believe half of what he says. It's his job to create controversy and get people talking about his show. It works like a charm, as fans routinely get upset with something he says. And here we are, another thread and he gets exactly what he wanted.

"No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

It's his latest attempt to draw angry e-mail that he likes to read and make fun of. He's truly an objectionable blowhard, and I do the only thing I can do, I refuse to ever listen to him. He was pantsed on his Votto bile back at the ASB by any expert he had on, so this is probably a continuation of his being embarrassed by his display that week.

He also hates the Bengals. And, not infrequently, tOSU, based on various angry threads I have seen on those boards over the years.

I think it's part of his shtik, and it is fairly contemptible, in my estimation...

The kind of kid you always loved to see being beat up on the playground. I had never listened to him until recently. Contemptible is a good description, membengal.

Quote Originally Posted by membengal View Post
    It's his latest attempt to draw angry e-mail that he likes to read and make fun of. He's truly an objectionable blowhard, and I do the only thing I can do, I refuse to ever listen to him. He was pantsed on his Votto bile back at the ASB by any expert he had on, so this is probably a continuation of his being embarrassed by his display that week.

He also hates the Bengals. And, not infrequently, tOSU, based on various angry threads I have seen on those boards over the years.

I think it's part of his shtik, and it is fairly contemptible, in my estimation...
    He really seems to have it in for the Midwest in general.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

I think there is a certain amount of truth to what he said, whether I like the way he delivers the message or not.

One thing he knows for sure is that Ohio sports fans are overly sensitive and there are a lot of them and he milks that action for all it's worth.
    School's out. What did you expect?

The kind of kid you always loved to see being beat up on the playground. I had never listened to him until recently. Contemptible is a good description, membengal.
    I hesitate to admit this, because, well, I felt silly afterwards, but I came across his show while stuck in traffic back before the All-Star break, and actually yelled at the radio as he made his "Joey Votto is NOT a star" argument through his sneering officious tone as a reason why it was right that Votto was passed up for the All-Star team. I don't usually yell at inanimate objects...unless Coco is having one of his adventures and it is my television that is...

At any rate, it was a reminder why I never listen to him.

I have visions of Cowherd sitting in front of a monitor googling "Cowherd Cincinnati Reds" right now just to see how much of a reaction he's getting.

Colin.

Lakewood Ranch, FL (by way of Columbus, OH)

Colins a good 6' 1 1/2" tall and 190lbs... Not exactly a dinky dude.

But Colin's show is a bore.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

He doesn't know sports. Has to rely on these tactics to get listeners. Guys in his line of work know sports better. He is a weasal
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

He's not a baseball fan from what I've heard him blather about, therefore I let his opinion slide off my back.

Talk radio is the suck 90% of the time

Turn Off Ads?