Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Colin Cowherd

Re: Colin Cowherd

I think he's making an excellent case why he's a fraud. He can't beat the good radio sports talk host.

2. Turn Off Ads?

it won't get read, but here is the e-mail i sent him.
    Colin,

First of all, you are a tool. Just wanted to get that out of the way.

I don’t think you understand the word. The Reds are not a fraud. The Marlins won a World Series, twice as a Wild Card team. The Cardinals are a great organization under the stewardship of the Reds current GM. But you have to go back to 2004. That’s when the rebuilding began. The Red’s AAA team could likely be competitive in the AL Central. The Reds are deep, deep, deep with talent.

What is hysterical is you tout the Rays as not being frauds. 1 post season appearance in their entire history.

Let’s just read that again.

1 post season appearance in their entire history.

So that is the standard. Ok….

That isn’t to say they aren’t frauds. What it says about them right now is that the Rays are a deep team. They have a ton of talent at AAA ready to step in. In fact the Rays are the only team with a AAA club as stocked as the Reds.

The Reds’ Achilles heel the last few years, well, one of them has been the West Coast swing. It’s been inexplicable. Well, so far, so good.

You want to know who the frauds were this year? Easy, The Dodgers. The Cardinals. The Cubs (who were supposed to be great with Big Z leading the rotation) The Angels with their super rotation. Oh, and the Reds Sox and their constant Yankee envy.

Colin, here are some facts. The Reds have the best 1B in baseball right now. He can now be mentioned in the same breath as Sir Albert, especially as he has surpassed him in nearly every statistical category. Votto is first in the NL BA, OBP, SLG and of course OPS. He’s 4th in HR’s, 3rd in RBI. Really it’s nearly a wash between the two. Votto is an elite player. Oh, but maybe he’s a fraud and this is a one year wonder. In 2009, Only Fielder and Pujols had a better OPS.

2B? Brandon Phillips is the best defensive 2B in baseball. He’s moved from the cleanup spot to leadoff. And he’s thrived.

3B? Scott Rolen is arguably the best 3B in baseball right now.

SS Cabrerra has been a stabilizing influence, along with Rolen in the clubhouse. But he’s not been a good offensive player, and his range has been limited too. Enter Paul Janish, who has fantastic range, a cannon for an arm and has surprised offensively. When he’s on the field, the BEST defense in baseball gets even better.

The OF.. well defensively, fantastic, minus Johnny Gomes. Offensively? Streaky. But with potential. Jay Bruce is one of the best young talents in the game. And now he’s being mentored by Jim Edmonds. Stubbs is a fantastic defender, as is Heisey.

The catching tandem has the best BA in the NL, and the 4th highest OPS.

Then there is the pitching. The Reds are 7 deep in the rotation. With legit starters in Wood, Chapman, Harang, Bailey, Arroyo, Cueto, and Leake. Plus Maloney and LeCure as emergency starters.

And none of this means they aren’t frauds. Your reasoning that The Cardinals aren’t frauds because they are a class organization that has won as recently as 2006 doesn’t hold water. That is a different regime in there now. The old regime is a few hundred miles to the east.. in Cincinnati. The Cardinals farm is a mess. The Reds farm is considered one of the best in baseball.

I get you are a football guy. I get you don’t actually like baseball (or even understand it) I heard your take that TV is football’s friend where newspapers were baseball’s friend, implying that baseball is the past and football is the future. Nevermind that the largest fantasy game participation on the internet, (you have heard of the internet right?) is fantasy baseball. Baseball and the internet are perfect partners. It has revitalized radio, and the listening of the game. There is nothing more chaotic than listening to a football game on the radio. The descriptions are pathetic. Vin Scully on the radio is like a work of art.

The fraud here is you. You who used to rail against ESPN, and east coast bias and network big boys. All you are now is a shell of what you were, a network sellout.

I don’t listen to your show, but I did today just to hear your laughable tripe. To sum up, according to you:

• The Yankees are not frauds, because they are the Yankees. (nevermind that prior to last year, they had been owned in post season play since 2001)
    • The Rays are not frauds, despite making only 1 post season appearance in their history. He Colin, did you call the Rays frauds that year? Were they?
    • The Cardinals are not frauds because 4 years ago they won the world series under Walt Jocketty, the Reds current GM.
    • And the Reds are frauds because they haven’t won since 1990.

I think you should stick to football. You like it, you understand it. You don’t understand baseball at all.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

I, for one, really don't care what this guy thinks. If he wants to rant and blather away, have at it. I got better things to do.

The proverbial legend in his own mind.
    She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

ORG Infidel

Quote Originally Posted by VR View Post
    Reds still a fraud?

6% yes
    94% no
    SO 6% of his listeners are Cardinal fans. Interesting.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    it won't get read, but here is the e-mail i sent him.
    Where can I find his e-mail address?
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of 1990 View Post
    Where can I find his e-mail address?
    Don't forget to mention how disappointed in Bruce you are.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Don't forget to mention how disappointed in Bruce you are.
    Wow, really? Let's stay on topic. Colin Cowherd
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0

Why waste your time with an email?

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    Let's storm the administration building and take over the Deans office!!!

I was thinking more like stocking his studio and throwing a coconut cream pie (from Coco's) in his face.

I was thinking more like stocking his studio and throwing a coconut cream pie (from Coco's) in his face.
    Cocos!!!

man I haven't thought of that place in some time.

When you've got a lot of time and sports are your life... well you know. Don't make me feel stupid

let's sit like drones, never have an opinion, and let others tell us what to think.

I'm not thinking I changed the world with my email. I had some time and I voiced an opinion. I'm actually not that worked up about it with one exception... The guy clearly knows nothing about baseball or its history. He's a football guy. That's fine. I know a lot of guys that like football. Some of them are even intelligent.

I think his opinion is designed to incite the listeners, and drive up viewer participation so he can rip them to shreds.

Which is better than an opinion that I shouldn't have one, that disagreeing with this pinhead is somehow beneath you. The only way to change someone's mind is with a rational argument. Of course, I may have left rational when I called him a tool.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

nothing more than a fan Always Red's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TRF View Post
    Of course, I may have left rational when I called him a tool.
    That's probably where he (or his producer) stopped reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Santo Alcala View Post
    I listened to him today and I just don't understand his point. Were the Marlins "frauds" after winning two world championships last decade? Were the Saints and Rams "frauds" after winning the Super Bowl? Were the 1989 Dodgers "legit" since they were a large market, even though that team theoretically had no business winning a championship? None of those teams had laid a foundation of overwhelming success before experiencing a title. So, there is empirical evidence that a team can step up and win at any time, and it doesn't necessarily matter what market size they come from, or if they have the most diminant pitcher at the top of their rotation. Conditions might make it more difficult in a small market, but to call it impossible is just wrong. So, what is the point?

Also, he said Ohio has "never" produced a legitimate champion in it's entire history. That is precisely what he said. I don't need to remind everyone here the specific team that comment would seem to include.
    Haha, sounds like a shot at the "Luckeyes" to me.

People conveniently forget that OSU beat one of the most talented college football team's EVER to win the national title that season.

Turn Off Ads?