Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Colin Cowherd

Re: Colin Cowherd

I find it peculiar that he's taking such interest in the small mkt reds in the first place. Sure reds and cards fans probably all find the subject matter compelling, but for the most part, his audience has to be largely indifferent on the topic. If he is in fact trying to spark ratings, I can't say he's the smartest guy around. Most of his listeners have to be screaming "who cares" at their radios.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I think I remember hearing that Cowherd was somewhat of a Cardinals fan. Herbstreit said something of the sort when he called in one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    I think I remember hearing that Cowherd was somewhat of a Cardinals fan. Herbstreit said something of the sort when he called in one day.
    well, cowherd does seem to whine and complain a bunch...so i guess that would make sense

Quote Originally Posted by OldXOhio View Post
    I find it peculiar that he's taking such interest in the small mkt reds in the first place. Sure reds and cards fans probably all find the subject matter compelling, but for the most part, his audience has to be largely indifferent on the topic. If he is in fact trying to spark ratings, I can't say he's the smartest guy around. Most of his listeners have to be screaming "who cares" at their radios.
    I doubt it was concious decision. He likely just blurted out that the Reds were not for real and the only reason he's had to continue to defend it is because he's heard such an outcry. Basically if he doesn't know your team very well then you're a fraud

Yeah I knew he was on top of his game today when he talked about how a rotation that featured Harang and Mike Leake wouldn't go far.

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    Yeah I knew he was on top of his game today when he talked about how a rotation that featured Harang and Mike Leake wouldn't go far.
    Wow, that's awesome analysis and insight right there. Did anyone call in and let him know that neither of those guys is currently in the rotation?

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    Wow, that's awesome analysis and insight right there. Did anyone call in and let him know that neither of those guys is currently in the rotation?
    He got some emails about it and mentioned it but just blew it off.

By the way Dusty is coming up on Scott Van Pelt Show on ESPN radio. Should be on in the next few minutes.

He got some emails about it and mentioned it but just blew it off.

By the way Dusty is coming up on Scott Van Pelt Show on ESPN radio. Should be on in the next few minutes.
    Did I miss it? I just tuned in.

LOL. Holy crap, I can understand Leake, but Harang? Wow...
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Did I miss it? I just tuned in.
    Yeah you had to have just barely missed it.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Yeah you had to have just barely missed it.
    recap?
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

I don't listen to Cowherd much, but have heard enough of the complaints (or heard enough to know why the complaints) and its pretty obvious what his schtick is. Why is he still talking Reds? Because obviously he's gotten a lot of feedback. Its not the first time, he'll call out OSU football because he knows he'll get a gizzillion emails and calls telling him how stupid he is (right or wrong), I assume he's getting the same response from the Reds. I've heard the man make one point one week, then a week later take a contradictary point on the same subject and defend both vigirously.

the older I get, the harder it gets to listen to sports talk radio. there are some good ones, but when I'm listening I want to be informed, learn something new, I rarely get that from Colin. I don't care for Mike & Mike a ton, but they have the advantage of being on in the mornings, and can at worst give me updates on news I haven't read much about, or opinions on news that I haven't heard yet. By the time Colin gets on, the news is old and he rarely brings anything new to the table. He's often wrong (perhaps on purpose) with his statements, but he knows how to get people to react. This thread is more proof of that.

Its obvious he knows little of the Reds, but by saying their a fraud gathers him more attention and higher ratings than spending 5 minutes saying how good they are and a real threat for a W-S crown. He'd pretty much have to come out and proclaim the Reds W-S favorites right now, then vigirously defend that belief vs the Yankee/Phils/Etc fan base to generate as much buzz w/ a Reds topic. As much as I love the Reds, I can't make a reasonable argument for the Reds over the Yankees w/ CC or the Phils w/ Halladay headlining their rotation vs Bronson leading the Reds rotation. Doesn't mean they don't have a chance, doesn't mean they don't have strengths at other spots, its just the easiest place to base your argument when you know little about what your arguing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of 1990 View Post
    recap?
    SVP asked Dusty about how the Reds were able to bounce back so well after what seemed like such a crushing series against the Cards. Dusty said he just told the guys that Philadelphia was tough and that didn't ruin the season and the Cards series would not either.

SVP then asked about who the team MVP was and Dusty said the obvious answer was Votto then listed about 12 other guys he thinks are in the discussion.

SVP asked if Dusty would be suprised if the Reds did not make the playoffs and Dusty said he would be suprised but that is not how he looks at things.

This might not be a great recap but you can always go to espnradio.com later tonight and listen to it again. About the 1.5 hour mark during the SVP show.

FWIW the Reds are 9-8-3 in series against teams at .500 or better.I did include the sweep against the A's and they currently sit at 1 game below .500 but they're close.Not really dominating but seems they hold their own against good teams.

Turn Off Ads?