Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/17- Reds @ Diamondbacks

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Re: 8/17- Reds @ Diamondbacks

Baseball is so funny. Umps give second basemen and shortstops the phantom tag of 2B on DP's, but they're going to get picky on this?

It wasn't like he wasn't going to score and he gained an unfair advantage. Plus, it looks to close to call that anyway. Give me a break.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Stubbs gave the ump a chance to screw him, whether or not he scraped the base on the way by. He's got to be more careful.

Phillips missed an absolute cookie on the second last pitch of his at-bat. Montero called for it at his eyes and Hudson threw it straight down Broadway.

I didn't see his foot touch the bag but I also couldn't tell that it didn't. Interesting.

The evidence is NOT conclusive as to whether he did or didn't touch the bag. Unbiasedly, I think he touched the bag though.

The homeplate ump should not be making that call.

Quote Originally Posted by durl View Post
    I can't see his foot hitting the bag. Sorry.
    But can you see it definitely not touching the bag? That's the standard for calling him out. You have to definitively see him not touch the bag to overrule the call. There is no way the ump could say that he saw Stubbs not touch the bag.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

let's pretend you're sitting somewhere in the neighborhood of tonight's screaming fan...what do you do?

a) move
    b) tell him to shut up
    c) ask an usher to tell him to shut up
    d) ignore him

if it's me, i probably just ignore him, since he's probably severely intoxicated, and any confrontation is likely to cause a fight...

Quote Originally Posted by TheNext44 View Post
    But can you see it definitely not touching the bag? That's the standard for calling him out. You have to definitively see him not touch the bag to overrule the call. There is no way the ump could say that he saw Stubbs not touch the bag.
    Why is that the standard? He is not over-ruling anyone, it was a call of first impression. (Although wrong.)
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

I went back and if he missed it was by an inch. Definetly was too close for the home plate ump to see.

Parra doubles to right center.

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Chicago View Post
    let's pretend you're sitting somewhere in the neighborhood of tonight's screaming fan...what do you do?

a) move
    b) tell him to shut up
    d) ignore him

if it's me, i probably just ignore him, since he's probably severely intoxicated, and any confrontation is likely to cause a fight...
    Mohawk Grenade
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

You have to think the 3rd baseman saw it, otherwise why appeal?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Arroyo just gives up a double to a Corey Taveras type hitter. This game has all the makings of being a complete disaster.
    The Lost Decade Average Season: 74-88
    2014-22 Average Season: 71-91

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheNext44 View Post
    There is no way that the ump could clearly see whether he touched the bag or not.

Bullcrap call.

He has no right to make that call. It has to be clear cut. If we can't tell in super slow motion in HD, how the heck can the home plate ump claim that he saw it definitively enough to call him out.

I'll say it again...

Bullcrap call.
    Agree. Another ump that wants attention.

"Look at me Mom, I'm making a controversial call."

I knw something would go wrong when Stubbs looked back after he crossed home. That and we're on the West coast and we got that curse going for us. Oh well.

1 down in the 9th for the brewers..

So annoyed with that call. If you're going to make that call you better be damn sure you saw it and off the replays I don't see any possible way that was the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Red in Chicago View Post

a) move
    b) tell him to shut up
    d) ignore him

D-Backs announcers say that guy is always there, never profane, and allowed to do that stuff. (?).
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

Turn Off Ads?