Turn Off Ads?
Page 39 of 39 FirstFirst ... 293536373839

Thread: 8/17- Reds @ Diamondbacks

Re: 8/17- Reds @ Diamondbacks

I always hate having the pitchers the Reds were facing on my fantasy teams and it's happened back to back games but it's worked out perfectly for everyone

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    Yep, how dare he hit a hard groundball up by 4 runs.

Funny, Rolen did the same thing, but it found a hole. He's god, Bruce is an idiot. Both took the same amount of skill.
    Bruce must be the unluckiest player ever.
    Plenty of RBI chances this season and not many RBIs to show for it.

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    Bruce must be the unluckiest player ever.
    Plenty of RBI chances this season and not many RBIs to show for it.
    I like Jay Bruce but I'm done saying he is unlucky.

Bruce isn't just unlucky. He is pressing still and swinging at 1-0 pitches at his ankles.

His pitch recognition just isn't there right now.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Great game and one that was in doubt until the end. Good baseball. The heroes were Rolen and Janish and the goats were Bruce and...well, there were no goats.

Isn't it great that the this game we love allows us to get down two runs and not doubt that this team will come back? We get sweeped by the evil Cardinals, sweep the Fish and win against the D-Backs in the first game. We're back where we started and all is well. What if we win even one of those games against the Evil Empire?

I'm enthused and ready for tomorrow night. If this old body can stay awake.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    Bruce isn't just unlucky. He is pressing still and swinging at 1-0 pitches at his ankles.

His pitch recognition just isn't there right now.
    Agreed.

I just find it funny that Rolen is clutch, and Bruce called anti-clutch because Rolen found the hole, and Bruce arguably hit his harder. Bruce has lots of issues right now, it just seemed like forced criticism.

"I'm not mad, I just type aggressively"
    -Rdirtypirates (Sep 6, 2023)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman View Post
    Agreed.

I just find it funny that Rolen is clutch, and Bruce called anti-clutch because Rolen found the hole, and Bruce arguably hit his harder. Bruce has lots of issues right now, it just seemed like forced criticism.
    In the micro, that's not necessarily inaccurate to point out. But we're dealing in big picture here, and Scott Rolen is having a very good year--Jay Bruce is not.

Bruce, even with the few days he got warmed up a bit, is working on a sub 600 OPS in the last 6 weeks. He's been pretty bad. We're beyond criticism as a result of a few unlucky DPs.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

I don't care what anyone says - and there were plenty who, after the debacle last week vs the Cards, said the Reds were imposter's and on the downward spiral - this team is resilient, has character, and is going to be in it till the end. Enjoy folks!
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by toledodan View Post
    i get up at 5:10 everyday. sack up and watch the game!
    LOL. "sack up" :O) Yes, I get up around 5am everyday too....but I'm freaking miserable if I don't get 6 hours of sleep or so. I love the Reds, but I DO have a life outside RZ. :O)

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    LOL. "sack up" :O) Yes, I get up around 5am everyday too....but I'm freaking miserable if I don't get 6 hours of sleep or so. I love the Reds, but I DO have a life outside RZ. :O)
    My wife couldn't get to sleep last night, so she went downstairs to sleep. I woke up around 3:15 a.m. and reached over to grab my cell phone and check the score. Very gratifying to see our win and the Cardinals loss. Then I went back to sleep until my 5:15 a.m. wake up time.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by redsmetz View Post
    My wife couldn't get to sleep last night, so she went downstairs to sleep. I woke up around 3:15 a.m. and reached over to grab my cell phone and check the score. Very gratifying to see our win and the Cardinals loss. Then I went back to sleep until my 5:15 a.m. wake up time.
    I'll admit...I did the same last night...only around 2 am. :O)

Turn Off Ads?