Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ochocinco & T.O. planning Post TD Opera

Re: Ochocinco & T.O. planning Post TD Opera

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Disagree completely. It's all part of the entertainment that is sports. I like when people show emotion. I laugh when people celebrate meaningless personal achievements while their team is down 20 points (I actively encourage it, shouting at players who I have on my fantasy team to "Get up and talk some trash!" no matter the situation). I enjoy clever celebrations.

I guess I just don't take sports as seriously as some people do -- I love them, I live and die personally by the play of my favorite teams, but at the end of the day I understand that they're pretty meaningless in the greater picture of life. People are being paid to play a game. I don't think it's right to sit back and chide them for not treating the playing field like a courtroom.
    Like I said, maybe I'm getting old and cranky, but it impresses more when a person acts like they've been there before. It has nothing to do with taking sports seriously, but I'd like it if the guys I pay money to pull for would mirror my own personal values a little more closely. Call me selfish.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I'd like to see them bust out the Ickey Shuffle, especially given the events of the last several days.

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    I agree. Someone said that they like it when players showed emotion...I agree. But those touchdown "celebrations" are not showing emotion...they're pre-rehearsed for goodness sakes. Showing emotion is spiking the ball down with a victorious scream of exhaultation....not dancing a jig and signing your name on a ball. Give me a break. It's gone way past poor sportsmanship...it's downright pathetic IMO.

I'll stick to college football.
    That's pretty much how I feel about it. I'm more of the Vince Lombardi school of thought ("Act like you've been there before.") although showing some excitement is fine by me. But I agree that TO and Ochocinco are simply performing choreography...it's not showing excitement.

What bugs me, too, is when a guy celebrates a touchdown as if he's the most awesome receiver ever to grace the NFL but he's dropped passes left and right all day and fumbled a couple of times.

Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by _Sir_Charles_ View Post
    I agree. Someone said that they like it when players showed emotion...I agree. But those touchdown "celebrations" are not showing emotion...they're pre-rehearsed for goodness sakes. Showing emotion is spiking the ball down with a victorious scream of exhaultation....not dancing a jig and signing your name on a ball. Give me a break. It's gone way past poor sportsmanship...it's downright pathetic IMO.

I'll stick to college football.
    "Sportsmanship" went out the window the minute they started paying people to play. Sports are a business. The athletes competing aren't playing sports to test their own limits or to have fun with other people -- they're playing to make money, set records, and be famous / revered.

Just my opinion, but I think it's silly to hold modern athletes to standards of sportsmanship.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

It's entertainment. As long as a player isn't taunting the other team, bring it on. Entertain me.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Turn Off Ads?