Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: September callups/40 man roster question

September callups/40 man roster question

I know a decent amount about the reds minor league organization and who are the solid prospects and who might be up come 9/1. (Alonso, Chapman, Francisco, etc).

My question is, do any of the other NL playoff contenders (mainly ST Louis but also San Fran, Philly etc) do any of them have any huge big name prospects that will be up in September that even come close to comparing to Alonso and Chapman?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: September callups/40 man roster question

we need to bring chapdaddy up before the 31st if we want to put him on our postseason roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiss the Baby00 View Post
    we need to bring chapdaddy up before the 31st if we want to put him on our postseason roster.
    And usually sept callups will be after the AAA playoff, if the Bats are in them. This is what happened the last two years, and i have no idea if the reds will continue to do it when they are also in a pennant race.

I have to think that if the Reds think they have guys in the minors that can help them down the stretch, they'd sacrifice a AAA title for a run at making the playoffs.
    Sto Pro Veritate

nm
    Last edited by texasdave; 08-18-2010 at 04:03 PM.

McGehee forces Fielder at second. One down.

nm

Cain lines a triple to the wall and the Brewers lead 2-0.

nm

lol wrong thread I think Texasdave

Yikes!

I fell asleep at the switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiss the Baby00 View Post

I understan that...my point isnt when we are gonna call these guys up. My onlly point is does any other team have as much ammunition waiting as we do?

Quote Originally Posted by Girevik View Post
    I have to think that if the Reds think they have guys in the minors that can help them down the stretch, they'd sacrifice a AAA title for a run at making the playoffs.
    I know the Rays waited till the end of the AAA playoffs in 2008.

Quote Originally Posted by batsfan View Post
    And usually sept callups will be after the AAA playoff, if the Bats are in them. This is what happened the last two years, and i have no idea if the reds will continue to do it when they are also in a pennant race.
    if they DL someone they can bring up anyone on the 40 man roster after Sept. 1st and they can play in the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Votto4MVP View Post
    I know a decent amount about the reds minor league organization and who are the solid prospects and who might be up come 9/1. (Alonso, Chapman, Francisco, etc).

My question is, do any of the other NL playoff contenders (mainly ST Louis but also San Fran, Philly etc) do any of them have any huge big name prospects that will be up in September that even come close to comparing to Alonso and Chapman?
    Since nobody else will answer your question, I'll at least say I have no idea for the most part. I do not believe STL has anything besides Shelby Miller who is not close to being ML ready in their farm system. I know the Braves have a guy named Freddie Freeman who is a 1st baseman that was ranked as the 32nd prospect in baseball pre-season, he has hit .308/.369/.510 in AAA this season, with their situation at 1st and 3rd he may get some PT at 1b in hopes they catch a hot bat.

I know our AAA team is much more stacked than any of the other playoff contenders.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

Droll, yes. Quite droll. FlightRick's Avatar

*ahem*

I know I didn't touch on any of our possible Wild Card competition, but as far as the Reds and Cards' 40-man rosters go, there's this little gem that's all of 3 days old:

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84709

Rick

Turn Off Ads?