Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cards doing their best to give Reds padding

Future Fame of Holler WildcatFan's Avatar

Cards doing their best to give Reds padding

Well St. Louis just rolled over for the middle of the Central, losing 4 of 5 to the Cubs and Brewers. How in the world did they sweep Cincinnati? Seriously though, it's nice to have 2.5 games (maybe three by the time we wake up) on the Cards heading into a particularly rough patch in the rest of the west coast trip. Maybe the sweep was the jolt this team needed.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap?gid=300818124

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Cards doing their best to give Reds padding

It's hilarious. I think we've seen the Cards true colors.... yellow.

It's been a rough few days watching my Birds lay down for two pretty poor ball clubs. I can't say I'm surprised though. The Cards got off to an 18-8 start this season, and are currently just two games over .500. Which of course means that for all but the first month of the season, the Cardinals are a .500 team. I think it's safe to say the first month or so of the season was not who the Cardinals really are.

Injuries and the lacking of a killer instinct, mixed in with inconsistency is why this team won't be making any more real noise this season.

Truth be told, minus the whole "incident", I couldn't be happier that the team dominating the Central this year is the Reds (if it can't be the Cards of course).

Harper....I think your selling your team a little short....True we hate us some Cardinals, but that all revolves around TLR and Carp....99% of all Reds fans respect the hell out of Albert....and giving the injuries you guys have had this year, I would say you are in great shape right where you are.....kind of like the snake that just sits in the grass not moving a inch, but soon as the prey comes along, they snap out and gulp it down....kind of like what you guys did to us Reds.....

This Central is open for the taking...I dont care if we have a 5 game lead come labor day...that series is going to tell the tale of who wins the central.....this is how baseball is supposed to be played....no way in the world would I want to have a 15 game lead right now...sure it would be nice....but I love the feeling I get about noon everyday knowing that I am either going to be sitting at GABP or sitting on my recliner watching playoff atmosphere baseball....its truly a energy rush that us Reds fans have not experienced in awhile....

I could not even tell you when the Bengals play again...then again I am a Browns fan..lol..but I could not tell you when the Browns play again, they are almost irrelevant to me right now...

Reds and Cards will duke it out till the last 10 games of the season, that is a promise...I dont see anyone of us running away with it regardless of how good or bad we might look for a series or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by HARP3R View Post
    Truth be told, minus the whole "incident", I couldn't be happier that the team dominating the Central this year is the Reds (if it can't be the Cards of course).
    Thanks for the kind words. I respect your team as well minus your manager. Good luck.
    "Baseball is 90% mental -- the other half is physical."
    - Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by lidspinner View Post
    I could not even tell you when the Bengals play again...then again I am a Browns fan..lol..but I could not tell you when the Browns play again, they are almost irrelevant to me right now...
    I feel the same way (though I like the Bengals)

I can't get into the preseason, and I've barely read any of the team news. Right now, I've got Reds fever. Baseball always comes first for me. In years past, I'd still watch the Reds late in the season, but was really fired up for football. Now? It can wait.

As for the thread topic, we haven't seen the last of the Cards. They have too many veterans who have been there/done that.

They seem to have a tough time against bad teams, but those guys on the other side, like the Cubs and Brewers, are fighting like hell for jobs next year, and whatever incentives are in their contracts.

We must take advantage of them struggling. This is where they were expecting to get games on us. Gotta keep it up on this West Coast swing boys.

GO REDS!!!!!!!

The Cards are a top heavy team...the bottom half of their lineup and starting rotation aren't that good. While the top part of their lineup and starting rotation are very good. Add them together and this is what you get...

99% of all Reds fans respect the hell out of Albert....

I'll take that bet

Carpenter and Albert are the only two I can not stand from the Cards

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    The Cards are a top heavy team...the bottom half of their lineup and starting rotation aren't that good. While the top part of their lineup and starting rotation are very good. Add them together and this is what you get...
    This is quite right.
    "Baseball is 90% mental -- the other half is physical."
    - Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by RedsRoll19 View Post
    We must take advantage of them struggling. This is where they were expecting to get games on us. Gotta keep it up on this West Coast swing boys.

GO REDS!!!!!!!
    I co-sign this message...

Harper....I think your selling your team a little short....True we hate us some Cardinals, but that all revolves around TLR and Carp....99% of all Reds fans respect the hell out of Albert....and giving the injuries you guys have had this year, I would say you are in great shape right where you are.....kind of like the snake that just sits in the grass not moving a inch, but soon as the prey comes along, they snap out and gulp it down....kind of like what you guys did to us Reds.....

This Central is open for the taking...I dont care if we have a 5 game lead come labor day...that series is going to tell the tale of who wins the central.....this is how baseball is supposed to be played....no way in the world would I want to have a 15 game lead right now...sure it would be nice....but I love the feeling I get about noon everyday knowing that I am either going to be sitting at GABP or sitting on my recliner watching playoff atmosphere baseball....its truly a energy rush that us Reds fans have not experienced in awhile....

Reds and Cards will duke it out till the last 10 games of the season, that is a promise...I dont see anyone of us running away with it regardless of how good or bad we might look for a series or 2.
    Trust me, I hope you're right. It's just that even with the talent the Cardinals have (wrapped up in about 4 players haha), they've played most of the season without any fire. They appear to be a team going through the motions, and it's been that way most of the 2010 season. They're not a fundamentally sound team, and they don't come up timely hits.

My heart tells me the Birds will take this race to the wire, but my head tells me the Reds will run away with this thing. It's your year! And something tells me this year is the start of a very good stretch for the Reds.

Redlegs_87

Votto scratched with stiff back. Edmonds in at first.

Phillips
    Stubbs
    Edmonds
    Rolen
    Gomes
    Bruce
    Hernandez
    Janish
    Volquez

It's fascinating how that Cards sweep turned both clubs fortune as of late.
    Someone in the Clubhouse gave the right speech and got the Reds rolling after
    the sweep and someone in the Cards Clubhouse didn't inspire enough.
    The Hunt for a Reds October.

Turn Off Ads?