Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Reds will win central by 4 games

Reds will win central by 4 games

When all the dust settles on the 2010 regular season, I think the Reds win this divison by 4 or 5 games. I just think they have a better team than the Cardinals. The head to head record not withstanding, the Redlegs have a better pitching staff (top to bottom), a better bench, and a far superior infield both offensively and defensively.

Pujols one of the top players in both leagues...sure.
    Carpenter & Wainright the top 2 pitchers in the league...perhaps.

But I think that's where the comparisons end. The Reds are a better club in 2010 and I truly believe they'll show that by the time this thing winds down. They clearly were pressing against St Louis and if they can overcome that, they'll have this thing on cruise control by mid September.

This is how I feel and the 6 Hudy Delights I have enjoyed this evening plays no factor in my prediciton.
    As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Senor Votto

Re: Reds will win central by 4 games

If Pujols is one of the top players in both leagues then so is Joey Votto. Just sayin'

I'm not sure it's just due to pressing... I love the optimism, and I think we're going to hang on and win this thing. But the Cards sweeping us wasn't a fluke. Top to bottom, we're a better team. But the Cardinals have more star players, and that can mean a lot down the stretch in September. For as good as our staff is, we don't have a Carpenter or a Wainwright.

I fully expect the Cards to go find a bat, ANY bat, by the end of the month. If they can shore their offense up, they're going to be just as dangerous as ever.

I agree on your main point... that we're the better team. But I'd throw some caution to the wind before guaranteeing anything.

It hasn't taken a few of us very long to become very arrogant.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    I know.. the jinxes are starting to appear all over the place

Quote Originally Posted by Tornon View Post
    I thought being a baseball fan just automatically made you superstitious, I didn't realize some of us have to learn it the hard way.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Reds and Cards end in a tie after 162 games...

Reds win 1 game playoff game with a Phillips HR in the top of the 9 and a CoCo save.
    You think you got what it takes to play a real fantasy game? Join me at Jockstocks. You can play Baseball, Basketball, Football, Golf, Nascar and even Hockey!

Jockstocks Homepage

Do you have your shirt on? - Adam Dunn to Marty on the Bananna Phone.

Yep, it does seem like we've been down this road before.

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    Why would you say it's arrogance? It's an opinion. That's all.:thumbdown

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    I thought being a baseball fan just automatically made you superstitious, I didn't realize some of us have to learn it the hard way.
    Newsflash: Opinions on a message board have no affect on the field of play. Just so you know. Having confidence in the 2010 Reds team does not make one arrogant nor does it "guarantee" anything. Just my thoughts and my prediciton. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs View Post

This is how I feel and the 6 Hudy Delights I have enjoyed this evening plays no factor in my prediciton.
    Very impressive that you've knocked back 6 Hudy's by 6:30. That fact alone increases your credibility ten-fold.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    I'm not sure it's just due to pressing... I love the optimism, and I think we're going to hang on and win this thing. But the Cards sweeping us wasn't a fluke. Top to bottom, we're a better team. But the Cardinals have more star players, and that can mean a lot down the stretch in September. For as good as our staff is, we don't have a Carpenter or a Wainwright.

I fully expect the Cards to go find a bat, ANY bat, by the end of the month. If they can shore their offense up, they're going to be just as dangerous as ever.

I agree on your main point... that we're the better team. But I'd throw some caution to the wind before guaranteeing anything.
    Cards deserve a lot of credit for the sweep, but I look at the way the Reds played defense that makes me conclude that they were wound a little too tight for the series. The Cardinals were light years ahead of the Reds as far as how they responded to the brawl. They have the experience and are better in one area of the starting rotation. At least that's how I see it.

Not to be a downer, but if longer Cordero stays the team's closer, the worse the odds are that they will make the playoffs.

I can't see a scenario where Cordero stays the Reds closer for the whole season, and they make the playoffs. There's not enough luck left.
    "Imagination is more important than knowledge." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Degenerate39 View Post
    If Pujols is one of the top players in both leagues then so is Joey Votto. Just sayin'
    Absolutely agree! The torch will be passed very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    Very impressive that you've knocked back 6 Hudy's by 6:30. That fact alone increases your credibility ten-fold.
    I was kidding. However, Hudy is my adult beverage of choice.

Turn Off Ads?