Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Reds will win central by 4 games

Re: Reds will win central by 4 games

Quote Originally Posted by TheNext44 View Post
    Not to be a downer, but if longer Cordero stays the team's closer, the worse the odds are that they will make the playoffs.

I can't see a scenario where Cordero stays the Reds closer for the whole season, and they make the playoffs. There's not enough luck left.
    Very good point.
    As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Some Sun Deckers are calling us out...

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84842
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

I have been keeping my mouth shut about this and I will continue to; but I actually had a vision. An honest to goodness vision that we would not only win the division, but that we'd win the division handily and comfortably. That we'd have magic numbers that we'd attain and actually be able to rest some guys and worry about matchups in the postseason. This was an honest, non-homer vision I had. I forget when or how it came to me. We'll see if this once I wasn't right.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Reds will win central by 4 games

Pessimist.
    Baseball is like church. Many attend, few understand

You're certainly allowed to voice your opinion, but by the same token, I agree with most of the others that it's bad karma - regardless of whether it affects the Reds' play (of course it doesn't). The last one of these didn't turn out so well.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

If we can get to a 4 or 5 game lead... wouldn't that be nice to sit pretty for a while? That would take quite a bad and unfortunate run. I just want to get to that point so I can relax.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus the Pimp View Post

Wait.. they have opinion on an opinion.... that's the RZ way!!

I surely would vote to let them all in... if I voted that is.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Wait.. they have opinion on an opinion.... that's the RZ way!!

I surely would vote to let them all in... if I voted that is.
    I was really just honored that I'm part of the "elite." That made me warm & fuzzy.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

I closed that thread in the SD and explained why it was closed. As tempting as it is to comment publicly, it's probably better to notify us privately when you see instances of one forum's members/posts being addressed or commented on negatively by the members of the other forum.

I realize that, in this case, "they" did it first, but still...

Help stamp out, eliminate, and do away with redundancy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of 1990 View Post
    I have been keeping my mouth shut about this and I will continue to; but I actually had a vision. An honest to goodness vision that we would not only win the division, but that we'd win the division handily and comfortably. That we'd have magic numbers that we'd attain and actually be able to rest some guys and worry about matchups in the postseason. This was an honest, non-homer vision I had. I forget when or how it came to me. We'll see if this once I wasn't right.
    Well I had a vision too about 11 months ago that Hunter Pence was going to be traded to the Dodgers.. so I hope your visions don't turn out like mine

Quote Originally Posted by macro View Post
    I closed that thread in the SD and explained why it was closed. As tempting as it is to comment publicly, it's probably better to notify us privately when you see instances of one forum's members/posts being addressed or commented on negatively by the members of the other forum.

I realize that, in this case, "they" did it first, but still...
    Makes sense. I thought of it more as entertainment value, but I think the philosophy you mention carries a lot of probative worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs View Post
    Why would you say it's arrogance? It's an opinion. That's all.:thumbdown
    I think it's arrogant to make a thread titled "Reds will win central by 4 games." Whether you believe it or not, it's not how I would like (and I don't mean to speak for others, but I'm guessing others agree) this board to be portrayed. Something like "My opinion on the Reds" is much more representative as to what you have to say rather than "Reds will win central by 4 games." There is nothing factual about that. It's entirely your prediction. I'm not saying you're not entitled to it, but I just don't think Reds fans have any reason to all of a sudden become that arrogant. I hate to see us turn into Cubs/Cardinals fans with just a wee bit of success.

Again, all of this is my opinion. Whether or not others agree with me is up for debate, but I know that fans of other teams read this site, and I do care about how Reds fans are portrayed. I take pride in the humbleness of most Reds fans. I used to be a semi-OSU fan when I lived in C-Bus, but I stopped when I saw how arrogant the fans acted towards others. Just a group I don't want to be a part of. And since WVU has had multiple 11 win seasons and BCS trophies, I've hated seeing a large portion of that fanbase become very cocky.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    I think it's arrogant to make a thread titled "Reds will win central by 4 games." Whether you believe it or not, it's not how I would like (and I don't mean to speak for others, but I'm guessing others agree) this board to be portrayed. Something like "My opinion on the Reds" is much more representative as to what you have to say rather than "Reds will win central by 4 games." There is nothing factual about that. It's entirely your prediction. I'm not saying you're not entitled to it, but I just don't think Reds fans have any reason to all of a sudden become that arrogant. I hate to see us turn into Cubs/Cardinals fans with just a wee bit of success.
    I know this isn't how it works often times, but intellectually, readers should equate such a thread to the poster's individual opinion and not be narrow enough to equate that as a representation of an entire group or board's opinions.

If a political figure spews racist or inhumane views, I would hope that people are smart enough to hold that against the candidate and not the party.

This is why I don't care that people want to bash another team or make bold predictions. I personally do not care for it. I don't like the mentality. But at the same time, I can be smart enough to separate individual from group think.

I know this isn't how it works often times, but intellectually, readers should equate such a thread to the poster's individual opinion and not be narrow enough to equate that as a representation of an entire group or board's opinions.

If a political figure spews racist or inhumane views, I would hope that people are smart enough to hold that against the candidate and not the party.

This is why I don't care that people want to bash another team or make bold predictions. I personally do not care for it. I don't like the mentality. But at the same time, I can be smart enough to separate individual from group think.
    I can be smart enough. You can be smart enough. A lot of people can't though.

I know it's silly in this message board that we live in, but I still do care about it. I hate myself for it, but I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    I can be smart enough. You can be smart enough. A lot of people can't though.
    It is unfortunately true. I wish you were wrong about that, but you're not.

I've seen several cases where a single poster would say, "so-and-so sucks."

Then, on a different forum of the team that that person said sucked, another person would start a thread saying, "this board is talking about how our team sucks."

It's definitely amazing at how people don't always differentiate that.

Turn Off Ads?